Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 372
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 372
I understand. I think Mike was right, and I already respect him. When I start spouting bull and intellectualizing to cover myself, I need him and all of you to point it out. Not coming to this forum would be the worst thing I could do. It would be running away from truth and honesty, the two things that I always have valued most in my professional life and ignored in my personal life. How can someone be so messed up? The ego takes on so many disguises and is more than capable of deluding its keeper.


FWH, age 63. 24 years of narcissistic behavior, infidelity, and emotional abandonment of my BS, age 57, DancesWithGoats (DWG). D-day two years ago, leading to emotional breakdown. Been working MB program and toward spiritual transformation and personal growth since then, with some slow but real progress. DWG still with no trust, but with grief starting to subside a bit.
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,531
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,531
When I start spouting bull and intellectualizing to cover myself, I need him and all of you to point it out.

I think this applies to every word you have said so far. What you have said is quite unbelieveable. You are sure a good "player" to be so "sugary sweet" and stuff. I can see how you were able to lure another woman to make love with you for 6 years while hiding it from your wife.

You are really a good player here! Not many are this good at lying and decieving.

Please take a polygraph and come back later.

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,146
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,146
GM, though you may get discouraged, please stay on this board and OFF your wife's thread.

It can be physically, as well as emotionally, draining to purge all the lies you have kept inside for the last 6 or more years, but it is critical that this all come out NOW.

Hang in there. I'll be here to check in with whenever you need a hand. I'm not going to tell you this is easy, but I will tell you that it's worth it.






Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,632
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,632
Quote
Not coming to this forum would be the worst thing I could do. It would be running away from truth and honesty, the two things that I always have valued most in my professional life and ignored in my personal life. How can someone be so messed up? The ego takes on so many disguises and is more than capable of deluding its keeper

Welcolm to the forum that won't blow smoke up your posterior to make your feel better.

If your sincere, count your blessings for finding the folks on this forum.

All Blessings,
Jerry

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,510
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,510
Originally Posted by GreenMile
Even today, I revealed a few things that I had been withholding out of fear that it would be a deal breaker, and maybe it was.

Just a thought, and I could go find it somewhere in Harley's writings.

By hiding facts, you give the OW control over your marriage, and you have a crazy desperate OW.

In a month or a year she may find a way to tell your BW a whole bunch of stuff about the affair...many OP's do in an attempt to break up the marriage and get the WS back, or just to hurt the WS.

So, a year from now OW tells Sad that you guys went to Paris in 2004, or whatever, and everything goes to jump street.

Puke it all out.

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 372
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 372
Originally Posted by tst
GM, though you may get discouraged, please stay on this board and OFF your wife's thread.

It can be physically, as well as emotionally, draining to purge all the lies you have kept inside for the last 6 or more years, but it is critical that this all come out NOW.

Hang in there. I'll be here to check in with whenever you need a hand. I'm not going to tell you this is easy, but I will tell you that it's worth it.

I will do exactly that. I won't read her thread. We are arranging polygraph, post-nuptial agreement, no-contact letter, and making reservations for the March 20-21 weekend and course. Thank you for your kind encouragement, TST.


FWH, age 63. 24 years of narcissistic behavior, infidelity, and emotional abandonment of my BS, age 57, DancesWithGoats (DWG). D-day two years ago, leading to emotional breakdown. Been working MB program and toward spiritual transformation and personal growth since then, with some slow but real progress. DWG still with no trust, but with grief starting to subside a bit.
Mike_C2 #2195409 01/18/09 04:07 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 372
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 372
Will do, Mike. Puking is an apt description.


FWH, age 63. 24 years of narcissistic behavior, infidelity, and emotional abandonment of my BS, age 57, DancesWithGoats (DWG). D-day two years ago, leading to emotional breakdown. Been working MB program and toward spiritual transformation and personal growth since then, with some slow but real progress. DWG still with no trust, but with grief starting to subside a bit.
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,539
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,539
Quote
When I read greenmiles wife's thread, It was obvious to me that his A was nearly dead upon discovery.
I read it that way too.


Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
Mike_C2 #2195423 01/18/09 04:41 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,496
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,496
Quote
Just a thought, and I could go find it somewhere in Harley's writings.

By hiding facts, you give the OW control over your marriage, and you have a crazy desperate OW.

In a month or a year she may find a way to tell your BW a whole bunch of stuff about the affair...many OP's do in an attempt to break up the marriage and get the WS back, or just to hurt the WS.

So, a year from now OW tells Sad that you guys went to Paris in 2004, or whatever, and everything goes to jump street.

Puke it all out.

This is EXACTLY what a crazy OW will do. It took 8 months for OW to send ME copies of IMs my FWH and OW had. And they were very revealing.

Don't put your wife through that GM. Tell her EVERYTHING NOW!!


BW(me)
DDay EA 4/05
DDay PA 6/05
In recovery
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,146
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,146
Originally Posted by GreenMile
I will do exactly that. I won't read her thread. We are arranging polygraph, post-nuptial agreement, no-contact letter, and making reservations for the March 20-21 weekend and course. Thank you for your kind encouragement, TST.

Are you willing to post your NC letter here for feedback? Remember, your wife has the final say about what the letter says and she is the one who mails it.

I'm also encouraged to see that you are arranging a polygraph. I also believe the post-nup will go a long way in restoring some of what your wife needs.

Kudos that you and your wife are going to an MB weekend. I would like to suggest one more thing. Go to the Coaching Center link at the top of this page and set up an appointment with the Harley's for phone counseling. If your wife is not willing to do this, do this yourself. I am not fond of ICs for waywards. Many IC's are a quick path to divorce facilitating. And most waywards will talk circles around an IC and waste everybody's time. The Harley's are your best bet if you really want to save this marriage. Are you willng to make the appointment?






Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,539
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,539
GM, it sounds like you are opening up more. YOu will find many members here have very accurate bullsh*t meters. I believe you will find the harder you work to fill your BW's EN's and the harder you work at opening up to her the less detached you will feel and sound. I was a WW for two years. For two years I was quite adept at living a double life and compartmentalizing my A and my work life. (OM was a co-worker). THEN I added insult to injury by not revealing the truth to my BH. I had to continue being detached because of the lies I held inside of me. When I found MB, I came her as a BW. About 4 months later when my A was revealed by someone to my H, I outed myself on MB.

I can tell you the TRUTH was such a relief. All that time my lies and deception were eating at my soul. What a difference it makes PERSONALLY to be able to speak the truth, apologize and truly begin to work on yourself. Until you are honest, change will not come. You must be completely honest with both yourself and your BW.


Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi5060_qa.html


Dr. Harley: My advice is to write a final letter in a way that the victimized spouse would agree to send it. It should begin with a statement of how selfish it was to cause those they loved so much pain, and while marital reconciliation cannot completely repay the offense, it's the right thing to do. A statement should be made about how much the unfaithful spouse cares about his spouse and family, and for their protection, has decided to completely end the relationship with the lover. He or she has promised never to see or communicate with the lover again in life, and asks the lover to respect that promise. Nothing should be said about how much the lover will be missed. After the letter is written, the victimized spouse should read and approve it before it is sent


[from SAA, pg 58]

OW, I want you to know that out of respect and love for my wife and children, I have come to realize that I must never see or talk to you again. My relationship with you was a cruel indulgence that BS did not deserve. While I cannot completely repay BS for the pain I caused her, I will do my best to become the husband she has been missing. I care a great deal for my family and I would not want to do anything to risk their happiness. I will not make any further contact with you and I do not want you to make any contact with me. Please respect my desire to end our relationship.

Sincerely, XXXXX



"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,510
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,510
When we did the NC letter with Jennifer in September, she also emphasized that WW had to truly agree with it and be comfortable -- she couldn't just sign a letter written by me.

The first draft read like a fing love letter. The end one very similar to the above.

One thing I really think was crucial is the letter said: "My husband and I have a 100 percent open and honest relationship now, and (Mike) will immediately know about any attempt to contact me by any means."

(implication: and he will kill you).

Jennifer also suggested symbolically that we both drop the letter in the mailbox together.

I didn't. I trusted my WW to do it. I am 70 percent sure it went in the trash <shrug>. She really was/is afraid of the OMW and I think she thought even a letter to the house would set her off.

Live and learn. Frankly, Jennifer thought the NC letter was a heck of a lot more important than WW or I did. We had a series of firey phone calls with them both and I think all the communicating had been done, which is undoubtedly not the usual case.




Last edited by Mike_C2; 01/18/09 05:01 PM.
Mike_C2 #2195481 01/18/09 07:46 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,490
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,490
GM, what was it that you told your W that has set her back to day 1?

If you let us know we can help both of you get through this...but being honest HERE is important as well as with your W.


Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 372
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 372
Originally Posted by tst
Originally Posted by GreenMile
I will do exactly that. I won't read her thread. We are arranging polygraph, post-nuptial agreement, no-contact letter, and making reservations for the March 20-21 weekend and course. Thank you for your kind encouragement, TST.

Are you willing to post your NC letter here for feedback? Remember, your wife has the final say about what the letter says and she is the one who mails it.

I'm also encouraged to see that you are arranging a polygraph. I also believe the post-nup will go a long way in restoring some of what your wife needs.

Kudos that you and your wife are going to an MB weekend. I would like to suggest one more thing. Go to the Coaching Center link at the top of this page and set up an appointment with the Harley's for phone counseling. If your wife is not willing to do this, do this yourself. I am not fond of ICs for waywards. Many IC's are a quick path to divorce facilitating. And most waywards will talk circles around an IC and waste everybody's time. The Harley's are your best bet if you really want to save this marriage. Are you willng to make the appointment?

Yes, I can post it when it seems ready. Yes, we are going to make an appointment. TST, I am just the lowest of the low. Everything I have done and been in life is a lie. It is hard to see any light at all right now. My wife is utterly destroyed, and I am responsible for her endless sorrow.


FWH, age 63. 24 years of narcissistic behavior, infidelity, and emotional abandonment of my BS, age 57, DancesWithGoats (DWG). D-day two years ago, leading to emotional breakdown. Been working MB program and toward spiritual transformation and personal growth since then, with some slow but real progress. DWG still with no trust, but with grief starting to subside a bit.
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 372
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 372
I want that, FF. I have been a scumbag and a fool hiding behind a veneer of goodness and accomplishment for all of my adult life.


FWH, age 63. 24 years of narcissistic behavior, infidelity, and emotional abandonment of my BS, age 57, DancesWithGoats (DWG). D-day two years ago, leading to emotional breakdown. Been working MB program and toward spiritual transformation and personal growth since then, with some slow but real progress. DWG still with no trust, but with grief starting to subside a bit.
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,510
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,510
Originally Posted by GreenMile
I want that, FF. I have been a scumbag and a fool hiding behind a veneer of goodness and accomplishment for all of my adult life.

awww....

come on, cut that cr@p out, we are on to you. Sympathy here is not an option. Repent with actions.

Man up and get to work.

Last edited by Mike_C2; 01/18/09 09:11 PM.
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 372
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 372
Thanks for that template. It is very helpful. BTW, what is SSA page 58? There is so much here I need to read and learn.


FWH, age 63. 24 years of narcissistic behavior, infidelity, and emotional abandonment of my BS, age 57, DancesWithGoats (DWG). D-day two years ago, leading to emotional breakdown. Been working MB program and toward spiritual transformation and personal growth since then, with some slow but real progress. DWG still with no trust, but with grief starting to subside a bit.
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 372
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 372
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
GM, what was it that you told your W that has set her back to day 1?

If you let us know we can help both of you get through this...but being honest HERE is important as well as with your W.

I bared the last remaining details that I can think of about this whole thing. The things I had not revealed were omissions, but showed how nasty and low and ugly and stupid I have been. I just hope to God that I have not forgotten anything.


FWH, age 63. 24 years of narcissistic behavior, infidelity, and emotional abandonment of my BS, age 57, DancesWithGoats (DWG). D-day two years ago, leading to emotional breakdown. Been working MB program and toward spiritual transformation and personal growth since then, with some slow but real progress. DWG still with no trust, but with grief starting to subside a bit.
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by GreenMile
Thanks for that template. It is very helpful. BTW, what is SSA page 58? There is so much here I need to read and learn.

GM, the first paragraph is from the linked article. The letter is from Surviving an Affair, page 58.


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 158 guests, and 144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Separation
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:24 PM
beverage sizes in large office
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:22 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,616
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0