Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Mike_C2 #2195746 01/19/09 11:40 AM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,316
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,316
Mike...

I came here and posted 10 days post contact - foggy as all get out...Though Mr. W had been reading before me, I posted first (he had sent me a link)...Mr. W credits this place with busting through my fog...The MB forum is a miracle for doing that, imo...

See it doesn't matter a whole lot what the BS does if the wayward doesn't get it...If sadsosad has a desire to recover their marriage, it is my opinion that GM reading and posting here is one of the BEST chances they have of doing so...It doesn't matter if the people here lovebust GM by telling him he's foggy or calling bull on something he says...It DOES matter if sadsosad does it though...Also, she can't educate him on this stuff, but the people here sure can...

Mr. W and I wouldn't be recovered today without both of us being here on this forum...I've seen this work firsthand, so because of that, I must vehemently disagree with you Mike...

Mrs. W


FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
I think he needs to be here, too. Its much better for his wife that we call him on his bullcrap instead of her. She has her hands full. It is helpful for us to see what he is saying so we can help him clear through the fog.

We were able to do the same with tst and MrsW. MrsW had some amazing bullcrap that earned her the TEXAS COWPIE AWARD, which I gladly awarded! grin


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Revera #2195762 01/19/09 11:54 AM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 372
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 372
Originally Posted by Revera
For email notification, click on add this thread to my watched threads list when you make your post. Then go to "mystuff" at the top of any page to my watch lists. Click on watched topics. Then click on edit watched topics. From there you can select email notification for the thread.

Thanks. I will give that route a try. Much appreciated.


FWH, age 63. 24 years of narcissistic behavior, infidelity, and emotional abandonment of my BS, age 57, DancesWithGoats (DWG). D-day two years ago, leading to emotional breakdown. Been working MB program and toward spiritual transformation and personal growth since then, with some slow but real progress. DWG still with no trust, but with grief starting to subside a bit.
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,510
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,510

You Ws are wonderful people. But this is a different situation.

GM has profound issues, by his own admission, and I think his presence stifles SSS's ability to openly share, seeing as she is coming out of decades of being controlled by him.

(shrug) just my opinion. This forum is going to be vastly less effective for SSS with her husband looking over her shoulder and using it to said backdoor messages to her.

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,316
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,316
HEY, dat was some GOOD BULLCRAP dat I had!grin What, you mean you don't get "clarity from more contact with OM"??? crazy faint

Mrs. W


FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

Mike_C2 #2195773 01/19/09 12:01 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,316
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,316
Originally Posted by Mike_C2
You Ws are wonderful people. But this is a different situation.

GM has profound issues, by his own admission, and I think his presence stifles SSS's ability to openly share, seeing as she is coming out of decades of being controlled by him.

(shrug) just my opinion. This forum is going to be vastly less effective for SSS with her husband looking over her shoulder and using it to said backdoor messages to her.

I understand Mike (and thanks, btw smile You should know that you routinely crack us up! grin)...I still think the forum will benefit them both...Sadsosad would also benefit from some one on one professional coaching from Steve - that way she has a professional truly guiding her, who is capable of catching things that we may miss here...wink

Mrs. W


FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 372
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 372
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I think he needs to be here, too. Its much better for his wife that we call him on his bullcrap instead of her. She has her hands full. It is helpful for us to see what he is saying so we can help him clear through the fog.

We were able to do the same with tst and MrsW. MrsW had some amazing bullcrap that earned her the TEXAS COWPIE AWARD, which I gladly awarded! grin

LOL.

Yes, my wife finds it very helpful that I am here. She can say something to me, but it helps her and me when other people who can see through my fog and bullsh*t say the same thing. Neither of us feels so alone in the wilderness any more.


FWH, age 63. 24 years of narcissistic behavior, infidelity, and emotional abandonment of my BS, age 57, DancesWithGoats (DWG). D-day two years ago, leading to emotional breakdown. Been working MB program and toward spiritual transformation and personal growth since then, with some slow but real progress. DWG still with no trust, but with grief starting to subside a bit.
Mike_C2 #2195786 01/19/09 12:12 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 372
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 372
Originally Posted by Mike_C2
You Ws are wonderful people. But this is a different situation.

GM has profound issues, by his own admission, and I think his presence stifles SSS's ability to openly share, seeing as she is coming out of decades of being controlled by him.

(shrug) just my opinion. This forum is going to be vastly less effective for SSS with her husband looking over her shoulder and using it to said backdoor messages to her.

Mike. There is something you don't yet know about this. My wife was never controlled by me. I tried, but she is strong, independent, and stubborn to biblical proportions. She never took any of my crap from day one and was never controlled by me. She fought me every step of the way, and it was my own resentment at not being able to control her that led to complete disinteigration of my efforts and commitment in this marriage. I was a thwarted controller, and my anger and her anger at my attempts to control drove the deep wedge between us, even though we have so much in common. Aside from that, we could have had a fabulous life together, and we will use those commonalities to try to build a real honest, respectful, marriage that meets our emotional needs. My controlling days are long gone.


FWH, age 63. 24 years of narcissistic behavior, infidelity, and emotional abandonment of my BS, age 57, DancesWithGoats (DWG). D-day two years ago, leading to emotional breakdown. Been working MB program and toward spiritual transformation and personal growth since then, with some slow but real progress. DWG still with no trust, but with grief starting to subside a bit.
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 1,153
I
iam Offline
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 1,153
Originally Posted by GreenMile
My wife was never controlled by me.




My controlling days are long gone.


crazy crazy crazy

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
HEY, dat was some GOOD BULLCRAP dat I had!grin What, you mean you don't get "clarity from more contact with OM"??? crazy faint

Mrs. W

MrsW, I fear you are going to SECOND PLACE in the bullcrap contest after reading some of Greenmile's little gems. This guy has GREAT BULLCRAP! For example, to explain lying, he offered this:

"my ego deluded its keeper...."

His ego tricked him and caused him to tell a lie. rotflmao Now, that is top shelf bullcrap worthy of an award! grin

Greenmile, I hereby award you the TEXAS COWPIE AWARD for some of the best bullcrap ever witnessed on this board! TEXAS COWPIE AWARD grin


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


iam #2195823 01/19/09 12:49 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,510
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,510
Here is a quote from her:

""Husband was a selfish, entitled [censored] from the “I do” on.... Turned out his father, whom he still needed approval from, gave him a list of archaic ways to keep the little lady in line.....""

Then you blame the "deep wedge" in your marriage because she "thwarted" you at controlling her?

You know what? You have lived your life getting your way through this semi-intellectual spinning, probably over people in your workplace power, people of lesser intelligence, or people who simply withdrew from the hassle of conflict (your W). You know when to lie, you know when to confess, when to attack, when to play for sympathy.

In one way you are brilliant. But in most ways you are one f'ed up puppy.

I was you, until humbled by my W, so don't take it personally.

Mike_C2 #2195915 01/19/09 02:17 PM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,146
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,146
Originally Posted by Mike_C2
I was you, until humbled by my W, .........

YOU, HUMBLE? rotflmao





Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,316
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,316
Originally Posted by tst
Originally Posted by Mike_C2
I was you, until humbled by my W, .........

YOU, HUMBLE? rotflmao

Now tst, I'll bet you that Mike will tell us that he is the BEST at MODESTY! grin

Mrs. W stickout


FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,510
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,510
Okay, enough from the peanut gallery.

I'm serious about that though, I see myself in GM. I ran a lot of the local boards and charites, self-employed, took guff from no one, was good at reading people and blarneying what I wanted out of them. My focus went into charities and community service, and i decided I was a Good Person even though my marriage was slowly languishing.

My W drifted off into her own world, and had an affair. Could have been me.

So, that was why I recognized and had some fire here.

And, yes, I have since won a number of awards for Humbleness, with trophies displayed prominently in my living room, as per the press releases.

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 372
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 372
Originally Posted by faithful follower
GM, put your BW on your ignore list. The temptation to read her posts is going to be strong and considering your history of manipulation it is not a good idea to be reading what she posts.

That is a good idea. I really have not read her thread in the last few days, but if that is going to be a help, I will do it.


FWH, age 63. 24 years of narcissistic behavior, infidelity, and emotional abandonment of my BS, age 57, DancesWithGoats (DWG). D-day two years ago, leading to emotional breakdown. Been working MB program and toward spiritual transformation and personal growth since then, with some slow but real progress. DWG still with no trust, but with grief starting to subside a bit.
Mike_C2 #2195955 01/19/09 03:06 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,316
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,316
Originally Posted by MikeC2
And, yes, I have since won a number of awards for Humbleness, with trophies displayed prominently in my living room, as per the press releases.

HA! You are a card, Mike! rotflmao

Mrs. W


FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

Mike_C2 #2195964 01/19/09 03:17 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 372
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 372
Originally Posted by Mike_C2
Here is a quote from her:

""Husband was a selfish, entitled [censored] from the “I do” on.... Turned out his father, whom he still needed approval from, gave him a list of archaic ways to keep the little lady in line.....""

Then you blame the "deep wedge" in your marriage because she "thwarted" you at controlling her?

You know what? You have lived your life getting your way through this semi-intellectual spinning, probably over people in your workplace power, people of lesser intelligence, or people who simply withdrew from the hassle of conflict (your W). You know when to lie, you know when to confess, when to attack, when to play for sympathy.

In one way you are brilliant. But in most ways you are one f'ed up puppy.

I was you, until humbled by my W, so don't take it personally.

I didn't mean it to sound like the deep wedge was her fault at all. I caused all of this. And you are right. I know I am f'ed up. That is why I am finally seeking help. My W told me about my winning the Bullsh*t award. LOL. I hear that I am in good company with this honor.

If you were me, then there must be hope for me, because you changed. Some day, maybe I can become one of the chief bullsh*t busters on this forum, too. I look forward to that.


FWH, age 63. 24 years of narcissistic behavior, infidelity, and emotional abandonment of my BS, age 57, DancesWithGoats (DWG). D-day two years ago, leading to emotional breakdown. Been working MB program and toward spiritual transformation and personal growth since then, with some slow but real progress. DWG still with no trust, but with grief starting to subside a bit.
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 372
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 372
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I think he needs to be here, too. Its much better for his wife that we call him on his bullcrap instead of her. She has her hands full. It is helpful for us to see what he is saying so we can help him clear through the fog.

We were able to do the same with tst and MrsW. MrsW had some amazing bullcrap that earned her the TEXAS COWPIE AWARD, which I gladly awarded! grin

Thanks for these opinions. It is helping her, and I am beginning to see some vague shapes through the fog, but it might just be my imagination. I have so much work to do.


FWH, age 63. 24 years of narcissistic behavior, infidelity, and emotional abandonment of my BS, age 57, DancesWithGoats (DWG). D-day two years ago, leading to emotional breakdown. Been working MB program and toward spiritual transformation and personal growth since then, with some slow but real progress. DWG still with no trust, but with grief starting to subside a bit.
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,510
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,510
Originally Posted by GreenMile
If you were me, then there must be hope for me, because you changed. Some day, maybe I can become one of the chief bullsh*t busters on this forum, too. I look forward to that.

This gave me pause.

Certainly be a BS Buster on this board is no victory. It is sort of a continuation of my usual blustery aggressive behavior that withdrew my WW.

Aggressive behavior usually means love busters. Sarcasm, disrespectul judgements, angry outbursts, the tools of dominance. I have worked hard on eliminating that.

The key for me is not changing my personality, it is creating a caring and protective environment for my WW, where she recognizes that, even if I can be a B@s@[censored] in other dealings, with her I am a smoosh looking out for her feelings and needs.

Not sure this makes sense to you, GM. Anyway none of this matters until you achieve total honesty and drain that swamp of lies....

Mike_C2 #2196002 01/19/09 03:56 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,539
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,539
Quote
And, yes, I have since won a number of awards for Humbleness, with trophies displayed prominently in my living room, as per the press releases
rotflmao


Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 144 guests, and 151 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Separation
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:24 PM
beverage sizes in large office
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:22 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,616
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0