Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by GreenMile
The other is because discovery and intense emotional pain apparently jolted me out of a 26 year emotional coma and re-discovered the deep feelings I had for my wife. I have since turned into kind of a bowl of jelly, weeping easily at things, often unexpectedly. Lots of suppressed feelings over 26 years. It is amazing what people can do to themselves.

That sounds a little overly dramatic, my friend. Waywards usually are very emotional when they end an affair. That is expected, but I don't know about all this "26 year emotional coma" and suppressed feelings. I imagine you do feel grateful to your wife now that the truth is out there but I ain't buying you were in a coma or had "suppressed feelings." That is over the top, IMO.

It would sure be helpful if you could keep it simple and talk straight. We have Texans on this board, for God's sake! The less muddy the waters, the better. smile


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 546
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 546
Yeah, Texans are easily fooled.


BH-me 32
WW-27
Married 5 yrs. together for 8
D2
D7
D-Day:11/10
EA for a week went PA and WW immediately left home leaving everything behind.
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by rustyshackelford
Yeah, Texans are easily fooled.


shaddup, you trickster!! sigh

[pssst, his name is not really Rusty Shackelford, it is a trick! grumble]


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,510
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,510
I'd say waaaay too long. Don't give her more time/relevance than she deserves.


Mike_C2 #2196768 01/21/09 12:36 AM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 35,996
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 35,996
think hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You know, the lovely Mrs Mile is still in her shock & disbelief phase - I wonder (doubt) if Mr Mile can be there for her and respond lovingly toward her during the coming tidal wave of resentment .... think

Mr Mile - are you aware that there will be years - YEARS - of pain and resentment you will need to face?

The "average" time for the BS to recover from this is approximately the amount of time of your adulterous activity (doubled).

12 years - mas o menos -

You have been a "freeloader" your entire marriage - I just don't believe you have it in you to suddenly become a "buyer" - naughty

file me under the "disbelievers" column

prove me wrong ---- please



Mike_C2 #2196769 01/21/09 12:37 AM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,539
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,539
Originally Posted by Mike_C2
I'd say waaaay too long. Don't give her more time/relevance than she deserves.
ITA! Short and to the point.


Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,554
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,554
Originally Posted by GreenMile
Thank you, both of you.

BTW, Sad is as a low point, and because she posted her thread on a less active part of the forum than mine here in general discussion, there have been only a few posts on her thread in recent days according to her. Just thought I'd mention it. It has been really rough the last 24 hours, especially for her.

MB is not a popularity contest, where the more posts you get, the better your advice likely is. Just because only a few posts have been made to her thread doesn't mean that she's not getting good advice. Also, an added advantage of her thread being where it should be rather than here in the General / Free-for-all forum means that it won't get "lost in the noise".



ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 35,996
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 35,996
Originally Posted by GreenMile
I am 61 and retired. I have been unfaithful once in 1984 for a brief encounter but carried on a six year "relationship" with a dirtbag that ended on discovery three months ago.

If I may .... who is the dirtbag?

And, what's with the years and years of hookers? Don't they count?


Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 35,996
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 35,996
Originally Posted by GreenMile
Yes. The first affair was a one night stand on a business trip to another city 24 years ago. She knows everything about it.

Everything except the years and years of hookers .... and what else?

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,510
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,510

I guess Steve H will be weighing on the NC, but I'm not sure it is needed for every scenario. I mean, once you have the sherriff over there and harrassment charges are going back and forth, I think OW gets the picture.

Sometimes maybe NC letters are actually just C....contact.

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 35,996
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 35,996
Originally Posted by GreenMile
I have had individual counseling in the past for addictive behavior, but it never really touched on the underlying problem.

This is what happens when a lifestyle liar/manipulator goes to therapy.
They lie. :RollieEyes:

The MB forum members can expect the same level of honesty as the counselor/therapist.

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 35,996
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 35,996
Originally Posted by tst
Jayne, Dr. Harley say's many affairs end in a natural death and there is little or no fog or withdraw as a result.

My own affair ended like this.

When I read greenmiles wife's thread, It was obvious to me that his A was nearly dead upon discovery.

TST - there is a vast difference between your situation and this man's.
You had years of being a good husband to SMB before your trolly left the tracks.

This man's trolly has never been on track.

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,146
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,146
Originally Posted by Pepperband
TST - there is a vast difference between your situation and this man's.
You had years of being a good husband to SMB before your trolly left the tracks.

This man's trolly has never been on track.


Pep, You're right. He is a lifelong liar, and I'm not sure that his wife should stay in this marriage either.

I still come back to the thought that ALL can change, by nature I hate to count anyone out, but it would take a spiritual change of huge magnitudes BEFORE his wife should even consider the thought of returning to the M.

GM has destroyed every memory his wife has of their M with all the revelations of the past few days. I pray GM has done this because he wants to give his wife the truth she deserves, instead of him just selfishly clearing his own conscience.

I still believe GM needs to take a Polygraph so his wife has every piece of info that's out there confirmed and documented.

Even if sss does not want the M any longer, I still believe GM needs counseling with the Harley's in order to possibly help clean up the wounds he inflicted.

I believe GM needs to set up some legal documents that protect his wife financially, such as putting the home solely in her name, vehicles solely in her name, bank accounts with the majority of their cash solely in her name, etc. Something that gives her financial security TODAY.

These things and others may actually lead GM to a conversion within his hard of hearts, that could lead him to permanant change.

Whatever the outcome, my heart aches for sss.





Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 35,996
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 35,996
Originally Posted by tst
I still come back to the thought that ALL can change, by nature I hate to count anyone out, but it would take a spiritual change of huge magnitudes BEFORE his wife should even consider the thought of returning to the M.

Here's my thinking.
Yes, he might change. Odds are not in his favor, but it is possible.

However he's like the ocean, his wife could never turn her back on him lest she be knocked down again. He should never be trusted in this marriage.

Most WS's can eventually be trusted with time - not this one.
That is just too great a burden for most BS's to bear.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,531
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,531
I am surprised that he gave her only ONE major sexually transmitted disease!

After all those years banging and boinking with other women and all the lies,, why why why why why would he want to stay married????? That is what i do not understand.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,531
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,531
She may have HIV and not know it yet. There is a good chance of that.

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,510
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,510
Originally Posted by Stellakat
She may have HIV and not know it yet. There is a good chance of that.

Oh stop. :-) These guys have enough to think about right now. There isn't a "very good chance of that" :-)

I don't want to yell "jump!" to SSS in the middle of D-day. That advice is easy to find in the world, you don't need a MarriageBuilders board to find that.




Last edited by Mike_C2; 01/21/09 07:10 PM.
Mike_C2 #2197310 01/21/09 08:31 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,510
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,510

From his W's post GM has a medical problem. Mods might consider locking this.

Mike_C2 #2197311 01/21/09 08:36 PM
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 526
D
Moderator
Member
Moderator
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 526
I agree - I will unlock it when GreenMile comes back.

GreenMile - just email one of the mods and ask them to unlock this for you.


Dufresne
Moderator
dufresne.mb@gmail.com
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 479 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Separation
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:24 PM
beverage sizes in large office
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:22 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0