Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Julie2U Offline OP
OP Offline
J
...and I'm not very happy about this little set-back! Just last night I was driving home & got to thinking about the OW issue. I thought to myself, he's still got his phone that's on the family plan...I should check online to see if there's a # he calls repeatedly. Then I said to myself, out loud mind you, "Wait - I DON'T CARE!" then I laughed and said, again, smiling & proud of myself, "I DON'T CARE!!!"

But here I am, kinda caring. Thinking of asking the kids what he told them about his living arrangements. Having DS/9 "snoop" this weekend for evidence or report back to me any girlie stuff in the apartment, etc.

I don't like that (possibly - no real confirmation) I've been duped. It just doesn't make sense.

I could text back, "(city name)? Why did you move to (city name)?"

LIFE IS GOOD
J
Julie2U Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Well, I guess the only way to find out is to ask him. Via text of course.

LIFE IS GOOD
M
M
Leave it alone, Julie!! It will just signal to him that you are upset and he will use that knowledge to toy with you.

Lets discuss the issue of an OW. You have made a decision to end your marriage. That doesn't mean you won't upset if he does that, but that is your issue to deal with personally. Since you are done with the marriage, the only way it matters is how it effects your kids.

If you tip your hand here, he will use this to manipulate you. I would BACK OFF.

Don't invite yourself back into the nut house. The nut has left the building, don't go back there.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
Julie2U Offline OP
OP Offline
J
UGH!

You are right but DAMMIT I don't like this.

I could be wrong. I could be wrong. I could be wrong.

But it doesn't make sense. As you know, yes, I'm ending the marriage - but as you recall, I'm CONFUSED. Confused as to why he wrote me a beautiful poem on Christmas & then 2 weeks later is "not invested" How "you know what I'm thankful for? I'm thankful for YOU" turns into "No, I don't want this. I want a divorce"

I KNOW it shouldn't matter that's why I'm PISSED that it does! I am fabulous! I'm much better than this!

I could be wrong. DANG I was not expecting this. Any OW at this point is only somebody who's willing to take the crap I'm not. I need to get that shizz filed ASAP. GET IT OUT of my life!!

LIFE IS GOOD
M
M
You can come here and be upset, Julie. I understand your upset completely. BUT.. you cannot act on that. This is another part of accepting that your marriage is over. Even though you have no idea if there is an OW or not.

Keep reminding yourself WHY you are ending this marriage.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
Julie2U Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Eh, whatever.

First, I could be wrong. Second, he'd almost NEED an OW at this point. The guys have seen & heard this from him before so it's got to be getting old, plus this last round of sobriety, in all its, "no, really this time" has chased a few of the guys away. So, the remedy for that is surely a bar hag. One who digs the mohawk & tattoos & bad-boy attitude. Yanno, someone he can take home to stupid-mommy. If it is true, it really makes his, "what are you telling the kids??" very comical.

Truth be told, there's got to be SOMEBODY out there who's going to want/like/love/take him, exactly as he is, so whether that's now or later has NOTHING to do with me & my wonderful self.

These posts will self destruct soon. I wanted none of this crap on my NOW I'M GOING TO HAVE A LIFE thread. Hmph!

I'm OK. Thanks Mel.

LIFE IS GOOD
M
M
Julie,

You need a good 2x4 about now.... I'll try to swing lightly!! wink

What the h@ll are you doing? Why are you concerned with an OW right now? Does it really matter? You are letting your own low self-esteem bubble back to the surface. Who gives a rats @ss what he is doing?!?! If you are getting this upset about it then I really question your ability to end the marriage and move your life into a positive direction. Go and see an IC. Try to understand why you would allow this to affect you so greatly at this point.

You really need to focus on you. You make statements that you are wonderful and stuff like that but they ring hollow to me. I totally believe that you are wonderful I just don't think that you really believe it. You are on the slippery slope back to enabling land.... You better get your footing real quick!

Mindshare

P
P
Hey Julie, I kinda understand where you're coming from.

Before my husband left the first time, we were at a ho-hum place. We weren't getting along very well and agreed to separate for a time just to figure out what we both wanted. Little did I know the reason behind this was because he had met OW.

I was agreeable to the separation (I was thinking short-term) but I was PO'd when I found out that he had tricked me. So I understand where you're coming from.

HOWEVER, whether there is or isn't an OW in your situation really doesn't matter. It would just add fuel to the fire but it wouldn't be the cause of the fire. Right?

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
J
Julie2U Offline OP
OP Offline
J
MS, I'm over it.

I've had a GREAT week and a half since getting my house & life back to MYSELF and yes, I did backslide momentarily but 1) I was PISSED about it (and recognized it) and 2) That was SO an-hour-ago.

I'm over it.

LIFE IS GOOD
M
M
Julie, you did the right thing. You came here and vented about it instead of acting on it. Of course you will be upset about it. What matters is how you manage that distress, and you did the right thing. smile

Exposure 101

J
Julie2U Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Hey Julie, I kinda understand where you're coming from.

Before my husband left the first time, we were at a ho-hum place. We weren't getting along very well and agreed to separate for a time just to figure out what we both wanted. Little did I know the reason behind this was because he had met OW.

I was agreeable to the separation (I was thinking short-term) but I was PO'd when I found out that he had tricked me. So I understand where you're coming from.

HOWEVER, whether there is or isn't an OW in your situation really doesn't matter. It would just add fuel to the fire but it wouldn't be the cause of the fire. Right?

RIGHT!

And like Mel said, he'd only have to answer to the kids - not me - because it matters to me NONE. And, the kids have a list about a mile long that they'd just add this to, if it's true. But they won't ask him anyway, they'll shut him out instead, because nobody upsets Daddy.

Yea, I'm SO OVER IT. Embarrassed I took it there. Proud of me for bringing it HERE. I'm doing fine. I don't think it's likely to not have momentary lapses in judgment/emotions.

PM, thank you for stopping in. I know you've got a lot of experiences similar to mine and I can learn a lot from you & your now harmonious life.

OH - and I got the D stuff all changed, filled out, and submitted. I was hurt about an hour ago, but c'mon, this D is moving forward.

LIFE IS GOOD
M
M
Originally Posted by Julie2U
And like Mel said, he'd only have to answer to the kids - not me - because it matters to me NONE. And, the kids have a list about a mile long that they'd just add this to, if it's true. But they won't ask him anyway, they'll shut him out instead, because nobody upsets Daddy.

I'm going to disagree with what the others have suggested here. I think you need to find out if there actually is an OW involved. Not for the purpose of busting up the A, but primarily to find out who and what type of person your H might be introducing to your kids without your knowledge.

Plus, does adultery have any bearing on D in your location?

ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
M
M
Originally Posted by ManInMotion
I'm going to disagree with what the others have suggested here.

I already said that. A day late and a dollah short..... stickout

Exposure 101

J
Julie2U Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hmmmmmmmm.......but I got over it!

Though you've got a point about the kids. DD/12 ain't goin' there but DS/9 can be convinced by anyone that anything they present is glorified. I wouldn't put it past STBXH at this point to bring someone around DS either.

So, is there a way to find this out yet being as completely removed from the sitch as possible?

Plus, does adultery have any bearing on D in your location?

I don't think so.

LIFE IS GOOD
M
M
Julie, you do need to ask him about it the next time he arranges visitation with your son, because you need to know a) where he is going and b) who is going to be there. It matters who he taking the kids around. Is your state a no-fault state?

Exposure 101

M
M
Julie,

You done good!!! Venting here is therapeutic for the soul!! Keep doing that! Just don't let your H see it because as Mel stated he will use it to manipulate you.

I agree that you need to know about a OW (if there is one) so you know who the kids are around. So, you should ask him if there is an OW but in a calm and cool manner and let him know that you are only asking because you are concerned about who the children are exposed to. Keep it about the children and not about you.

You are doing good....keep talking through your feelings here. I know it hurts. You wouldn't be human if it didn't. We've all been there (or are currently there). Keep your chin up!!

Mindshare

J
Julie2U Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I don't know if it's a no-fault state & neither did the lady I called who works @the service STBXH paid to do the filing!

I've emailed an acquaintance who works for a divorce attorney. I can also ask my former boss, who was able to "fast-track" her divorce.

I suspect even if I do ask him, he will lie. I could ask other ppl, but I'm not sure I want to go there. Shall I prep DS before the visit? If I do, he'll likely say something like "yea, mom already asked me about it" while STBXH is explaining to him why he shouldn't tell me, etc.

IF it's true.

Don't know if it's worth my while.

I could text him right now, in response to him giving me his address, "OK & do you have a roommate?" but I cannot fathom him answering me honestly in person.

LIFE IS GOOD
J
Julie2U Offline OP
OP Offline
J
YES - I am in a no-fault state.

LIFE IS GOOD
J
Julie2U Offline OP
OP Offline
J

rotflmao

OMG. I just stepped out to visit my favorite salad bar for lunch. As I'm leaving, I get a text message from STBXH:

"You wanna buy me lunch?"

OMG.

Mel, the nut has left the house, but he's apparently not too far gone. Holy crap. He works near me. What is he thinking? Manipulative much? We're going to be friends? Tell the kids, "mommy & daddy had lunch today...it was nice!" Just because I want to CONFUSE them. And, WASTE my lunch hour!!

Right

"Yes, I would like to buy you lunch. Consider it a token of my appreciation for your DUMB @SS!! A celebration, of sorts. I'd like to buy you a beer as well. Make it two? OK, sure. Let's make BEER our family mascot!"

OW or no OW, what a cry for help ego strokin' this is!

(I ignored it, folks. It'll be our little secret. I will not dignify his crap with a response. Strictly business.)

rotflmao

LIFE IS GOOD
M
M
ahhhhhh, he wants to be your "friend" so he doesn't feel so guilty. Whatevah! sigh

Exposure 101

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 294 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation