Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
kickme Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks to all that have been following my "story". I am not sorry for any action that I have taken so far. Plan A, Plan B, Exposure.....they all have served the purposes designed.

I have said many times before that I have become a much better person and for that I am thankful.

BUT

WAW just had me served with D papers. Not surprised, but of course it still hurts.

I will continue to ask God for His guidance and purpose in my life. I am convinced a better life awaits me.

Last edited by kickme; 02/09/09 05:17 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Me 48 XWAW 42 M 18Y
D day 9/14/08
Plan A&B for months
One false R
DS12 (my life)
DD23
D Final 5-14-09

B
B
You are a good person kickme and an example to your son. Protect him from his nutty mother as much as you can. Just because you were served does not mean there is no hope unless you are simply tired of all of her nonsense and want to get on with your life.

Did you ever find out if OM's head exploded with the IA investigation?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
K
kickme Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Raven,
I should post this on my original thread.....

I have no real idea what exactly happened to OM other than what I was told.

However, my WAW called me and accused me of having sex with my mother and that I was a son of another adultress (not exactly this way, but you can figure it out)

I replied...."honey that would be impossible since my mother passed away in the early 80's". See, the reverse babble does work.

Then we must have been disconnected.

Me 48 XWAW 42 M 18Y
D day 9/14/08
Plan A&B for months
One false R
DS12 (my life)
DD23
D Final 5-14-09

M
M
Originally Posted by kickme
WAW just had me served with D papers. Not surprised, but of course it still hurts.

hey kickme, this changes nothing! Just hang in there and stick with your plan. Filing for divorce hardly means the fat lady has sung.

You are in Plan B, right?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

K
kickme Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Mel,
Yes, I am in plan B. I will stay there.

As a side note to you, you have been a great inspiration to me. Your no nonsense approach to how you handle these situations comes from expierence (sorry) and from YOUR HEART!

Thank you

Me 48 XWAW 42 M 18Y
D day 9/14/08
Plan A&B for months
One false R
DS12 (my life)
DD23
D Final 5-14-09

B
B
However, my WAW called me and accused me of having sex with my mother and that I was a son of another adultress (not exactly this way, but you can figure it out)

crazy I'll just leave that one alone. LOL

Getting served D papers isn't necessarily the final nail in the M coffin. Are you still willing to seek recover or are you at the point where you don't want to anymore?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
M
M
Thanks, kickme!

Why do you think your W would say such a thing? Is she unbalanced?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

K
kickme Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Getting served D papers isn't necessarily the final nail in the M coffin. Are you still willing to seek recover or are you at the point where you don't want to anymore?

Raven,
I just posted to Mel explaining that I plan on staying in PB. At this point, for the protection of my DS, I have no reason to change my approach. Being in PB does give any BS (me) inner peace in order to ignore the "affairs of the affair" smile

And yes, better off leaving that one alone....LMAO!!

Me 48 XWAW 42 M 18Y
D day 9/14/08
Plan A&B for months
One false R
DS12 (my life)
DD23
D Final 5-14-09

K
kickme Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Thanks, kickme!

Mel,
I assume that after this latest IA episode, the call came from WAW expressing her displeasure in my actions.....
And yes, she is unstable AT THIS TIME BECAUSE SHE IS IN A FULL BLOWN AFFAIR!!

Sad part, prior to this she was the most loving, caring person I have ever known.

Me 48 XWAW 42 M 18Y
D day 9/14/08
Plan A&B for months
One false R
DS12 (my life)
DD23
D Final 5-14-09

M
M
I will continue to ask God for His guidance and purpose in my life. I am convinced a better life awaits me.
And that right there is REAL faith...

Believing God in spite of what we see now because we KNOW He wants what is BEST for us... Plans to prosper and not to harm us, plans to give us HOPE and a FUTURE... Trusting in Him because we know what He has already done for us and can be trusted to do what He promises. Letting Him have His way when it conflicts with our way.

Praying for you KickMe...

And for her as well.

Mark

C
C
Thanks, kickme!

Mel,
I assume that after this latest IA episode, the call came from WAW expressing her displeasure in my actions.....

Sad part, prior to this she was the most loving, caring person I have ever known.

Same here brother. Not the mom thing. Insert.....disgusting, vile, blame shifting, guilt ridden..... comment here.

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
Exposure day 12/29/08 (Ws 32nd bday)
I wanted to fix marriage June 1st
A found out June 11th
W came home August 18th till the end
BS papers from her Oct 2nd
Real papers from me Oct 17th
K
kickme Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by Mark1952
And that right there is REAL faith...

Believing God in spite of what we see now because we KNOW He wants what is BEST for us... Plans to prosper and not to harm us, plans to give us HOPE and a FUTURE... Trusting in Him because we know what He has already done for us and can be trusted to do what He promises. Letting Him have His way when it conflicts with our way.

Praying for you KickMe...

And for her as well.

Mark

Thanks Mark!
As I said to Mel earlier, you too have been a great inspiration to me!

I know some do not understand, but I KNOW that God is guiding and walking with me through this valley. I said some time ago, that God wants us to understand the LESSONS the valley walks give us.
I do not know any other way to pray. So, I pray for Gods guidance on my life and my family. I pray for my WW's soul.

I have peace.

Me 48 XWAW 42 M 18Y
D day 9/14/08
Plan A&B for months
One false R
DS12 (my life)
DD23
D Final 5-14-09

K
kickme Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by Carp54
Thanks, kickme!

Mel,

Same here brother. Not the mom thing. Insert.....disgusting, vile, blame shifting, guilt ridden..... comment here.

Carp,
It is a question that I guess will be with me for a very long time to come.
I have/had the most wonderful wife/mother any man could ask for. The transformation that has occured in the past 6 months, is unbelievable. I really do not recognize my WW at this time.

I now know why I had to get to PB so fast. I could not stand to be around the person this A has caused her to become. For me, the less time spent "seeing" the effects, the better for me. I am SO SO SO thankful God gave me the peace in my heart and mind. To watch someone whom you really love, self-destruct before your eyes......well, I can't even express the sadness for her.

Me 48 XWAW 42 M 18Y
D day 9/14/08
Plan A&B for months
One false R
DS12 (my life)
DD23
D Final 5-14-09

C
C
That's why we call them aliens my man!!

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
Exposure day 12/29/08 (Ws 32nd bday)
I wanted to fix marriage June 1st
A found out June 11th
W came home August 18th till the end
BS papers from her Oct 2nd
Real papers from me Oct 17th
M
M
Kickme (your name makes me so sad):

I heard a song on the way home tonight that made me think of you and it really touched my heart. I don't know you, but somehow just by reading your thread, this song connected. You're a very strong, loving man to still stand strong for your marriage while your wife has mentally checked out. I've been in that dark place that she is in and MAN it's ugly. I have God to thank that my H is still here with me and I wish the same for you.

Hootie & the Blowfish "Let Her Cry"

She sits alone by a lamppost
trying to find a thought that's escaped her mind
She says Dad's the one I love the most
but Stipe's not far behind
She lets me in
only tell me where's she's been
when she's had too much to drink
I say that I don't care I just run my hands
through her dark hair and I pray to God
you gotta help me fly away
And just:
Let her cry:if the tears fall down like rain
Let her sing:if it eases all her pain
Let her go:let her walk right out on me
And if the sun comes up tomorrow
Let her be:let her be.
This morning I woke up alone
found a note by the phone
saying maybe I'll be back some day
I wanted to look for you
You walked in I didn't know just what to do
so I sat back down had a beer and felt sorry for myself.
[Chorus]
[Solo]
[Chorus]
Last nite I tried to leave
She cried so much I just
could not believe
she was the same girl I
fell in love with long ago
She went in the back to
get high
I sat down on my couch
and cried
yelling oh mama please
help me
won't you hold my hand.
[Chorus]
[Chorus]

K
kickme Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Sparkle,
Two things...thanks for thinking of me and my family. I appreciate all the support that is here for me.

Second, my older children make fun of me for not listening to TODAY's music.

A while ago, I heard this very song...sad, but it has become one of my favorites....kinda sums it all up for me.

Me 48 XWAW 42 M 18Y
D day 9/14/08
Plan A&B for months
One false R
DS12 (my life)
DD23
D Final 5-14-09

P
P
I replied...."honey that would be impossible since my mother passed away in the early 80's". See, the reverse babble does work.

Then we must have been disconnected.

rotflmao rotflmao Thanks for the laugh, I needed it today.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P

Kick, this is by no means the end, unless you want to call it. You're a great dad with a wonderful sense of humor. Your WW is an idiot.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
K
kickme Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Kick, this is by no means the end, unless you want to call it. You're a great dad with a wonderful sense of humor. Your WW is an idiot.

Thanks PM!!!

Gotta laugh........

Me 48 XWAW 42 M 18Y
D day 9/14/08
Plan A&B for months
One false R
DS12 (my life)
DD23
D Final 5-14-09

K
kickme Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Well, it's been 24 hours and I have been asked several times I how feel.
As I sit here reading and working, I have a surreal peace about this whole situation. Guess I have arrived at a place that I simply don't care what my WW does.

I know that in some eyes that is a defeatest attitude. I am not giving up, I just want to live again. These past few months growing with DS and the rest of the kids, WITHOUT WW, have been both filled with sadness and joy. I now can admit that the pure joy living life with your kids far outweighs the sadness coming from any WS antics.

For all the BS dads out there......continue to connect OR reconnect with your kids. These BK's (betrayed kids) DESERVE the love of both parents. However, we can all agree that MOST WS's may think they have their kids best interest at heart, but we all know that is NEVER true.

I am embarrassed to admit that my WW has caused me to relearn how to be a dad again. I love it!!!! dance2

Me 48 XWAW 42 M 18Y
D day 9/14/08
Plan A&B for months
One false R
DS12 (my life)
DD23
D Final 5-14-09

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 113 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation