Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by Trying2live
Originally Posted by Pepperband
[(one in particular wink )

Now who on earth could that be hmmmm... dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2

shaddup - keep reading stickout

D
D
Thank you Pepperband. Threads like this are always very helpful and informative.

We are almost at the 5 month mark and things are seeming to fall apart right now, not him but me. Still, this is something that will help me pull through I think. Validation, either way. I watch him all the time, I question but I suck at snooping.

Last edited by sadsosad; 02/24/09 12:43 PM. Reason: clarity

BW-me-56
FWH-GreenMile-62
Married 1982
2 wonderful grown sons

D Day #1 4/1985
D Day #2 10/03/08
D Days continued for a while.

Started real recovery 07/15/10
T
T
shaddup - keep reading stickout

LMAO hug Ok mom I am I am. It is good stuff. check ur email in few too.

Me-39 H-38/Married 19years/DD18 & DS10
Dday EA/PA 4/23/08 Left home 5/08/08
Moved in w/Sea Hag 08/01/08
Read SAA Sept 08 Plan A 10/03/08 thru 11/15/08
Plan B 11/15/08-currently
01/18/09 Plan B crack w/phone call restating PBL
01/31/09 Planned brief contact
02/15/09 Delivery of Planned 2nd PBL
Filed for D Dec 2009 Recovering well!
H
H
Pep, I know your sending out a call for BS's so I hope you don't mind my intrusion.

N/C is a no brainer, but I negotiated my way around this during our FR. I told SMB it wasn't necessary, as I told her I had already taken care of that. I was not willing to be transparent on the N/C issue either.

In our FR, I also never told her 2 critical statements, "I was willing to do anything she asked", never agreed to, "do whatever it takes to recover our marriage".

During our FR, I also decided to keep my "Independent Behavior", "I needed my space". :RollieEyes:

During our FR, I also said I wanted to come home for the kids. In contrast to when I came home broken and repentant, I told SMB I wanted HER and then she knew I meant it.

You already know what I agreed to do when I asked SMB "to please have me back". SMB's list is in your notable posts thread. It would have been a mistake for SMB to take me back without my full agreement to her list of conditions.

Last edited by tst; 02/24/09 01:36 PM. Reason: oops

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by tst
Pep, I know your sending out a call for BS's so I hope you don't mind my intrusion.

I was HOPING for your intrusion laugh

B
B
Originally Posted by Vittoria
FR = affair never ended or restarted during recovery
I honestly thought it included so much more. Thank you for clarifying that.
On that note I can't contribute to this discussion, but I can learn from it. smile

I'm glad you asked because I thought there was more to FR too. blush

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
T
T
My FWH's independent behavior was also something he didn't easily give up. We had been doing great with that until a few months ago. I had a problem with his making big decisions without POJA...unilateral decisions that I thought were hurtful, but in his mind he was wanting to protect us due to the economic downturn. He also doesn't seem willing to POJA his current job....nothing having to do with any OW...just his frequent travel requirement.

Married 1976
Me:BS
Him:FWS
MB Weekend March 2003
2 S's: '77 & '80, 1 D: '82
L
L
If you are a BS who had a FALSE RECOVERY
I am requesting you share about your FR

1. WHAT did you do that you wish you'd done differently?

2. WHAT clues did you miss (or ignore) that your WS was not ready for recovery?

3. WHAT lessons did you learn that you'd like to pay forward to others, so that they might avoid a FR?

Thanks!
1. I wish I had made him wait longer to move back home. I made it way to easy. I wish I had made more of a song and dance about the NC Letter, about password access, and about spending time with me. I should have checked his cell phone after he told me he had deleted her number - he didnt, he just listed it under her middle name. Should have looked more carefully at his FB account, although there wasnt alot there it did show ongoing contact.

2. His going away to his house in Wellington all the time (at least once a week for 2-4 days each time). Crying and anger that i had assumed was withdrawl. His telling me he wasnt interested in my "12 step programme". lack of care and concern for my feelings. The way he would gleefully give me details fo the A - I realise now it wasnt for RH, it was to re-live it. Very thick, constant fogbabble. Refusal to get STD test.
Actions not words. His words were good, even Believer thought so

3. Get a NC letter before letting them move back home and take custody of it once it is written. Ditto for passwords, and a signed agreement for either cell phone swapping (which we did) or a new number. Shut down all social networking sites. become joined at the hip for at least the first few weeks even if you don't like each other very much. "personal space time" for the WS to be done at home, in a room without contact capability like cell, internet etc. STD test or no nookie.

Thats just my starting point really.

Last edited by lildoggie; 02/24/09 02:32 PM. Reason: sp

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
L
L
Originally Posted by tst
In our FR, I also never told her 2 critical statements, "I was willing to do anything she asked", never agreed to, "do whatever it takes to recover our marriage".

Exactly the same with Flick.
They were the first 2 messages he gave me in the 'real' one.

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
T
T
Another mistake was allowing him to breakup with OW in person. He said he met her at the mall...but still....totally unnecessary.

Married 1976
Me:BS
Him:FWS
MB Weekend March 2003
2 S's: '77 & '80, 1 D: '82
F
F
Originally Posted by Vittoria
Originally Posted by faithful follower
Sure! I was monitoring the cell phone bills on-line. During the period he claimed (I think this was FR # 3) that he was no longer talking to OW and sure enough the phone calls to and from her had stopped but the SIGNS of the A were still there, it turns out they went and got a cell phone account together so they could talk without prying eyes.
Did you ever find a secret phone, if yes, how?
What signs of the A specifically can you identify?
Thanks

Well he always left his truck locked up tight except one day he didn't...so I searched and found paperwork from a wireless company with two cell phone numbers. I got on the internet and set up an on-line account and read all the phone bills. Got the original date it was set up and everything. My big mistake was calling the other phone number cuz I truly believed at that point it was yet another OW. It wasn't, there was a baby's coo as the voicemail message. (OC) I blew up at both of them so they just went further underground.

I made tons of mistakes by giving my data away via my temper!

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
F
F
1. Define your minimum requirements for recovery and a time frame.

I leapt on any possibility to recover with my ex on the barest efforts on his part - mostly talk.

I'll never forget the Sunday that we went to church together, and he stood up in church and asked for prayers for our marriage and recovery.

First FR was before I found MB. I did layout requirements for coming home and he agreed to them. Problem was within 3 weeks he was back in the A.

FTR, my H did the very same thing, believer. Stood up in front of the church and apologized.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
P
OP Offline
P

Never give your power away in anger.
Never talk to a WS to "set him/her straight" while in Plan B.

A
A
Which false recoverey?

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by Aphelion
Which false recoverey?

The one you believed was real.

V
V

Never give your power away in anger.
Never talk to a WS to "set him/her straight" while in Plan B.
Oh I so agree, when I was irate at FWH I told him way too much. It's really important to not give away how you obtained info .... you will regret it since you have just lost your source. :twobyfour:
P.S. Thanks FF for the explaination.

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

R
R
1. WHAT did you do that you wish you'd done differently?

I should have been less patient.

2. WHAT clues did you miss (or ignore) that your WS was not ready for recovery?

That she was only "on board" with parts of recovery. I ignored this, thinking that she would come around to the rest of things. The reality is she was "on board" with none of it.

3. WHAT lessons did you learn that you'd like to pay forward to others, so that they might avoid a FR?

Ignore meaningless "progress." The big things matter, NC, O&H, time together, committing to recovery, and action. If those aren't happening, then the "good talk" last night, and the WS said "ILY", etc. are just a smoke screen.

Me 43 BH
MT 43 WW
Married 20 years, No Kids, 2 Difficult Cats
D-day July, 2005
4.5 False Recoveries
Me - recovered
The M - recovered
P
OP Offline
P
SMB's requirements AFTER a FR

link

S
S
I put too much faith in my then WW too early. I began to trust her when she did not yet deserve it.

When I became frustrated that she wasn't on board for any ACTIONs that would contribute to recovery, I would commit LB's and she would call OM for whatever reason, solace or vengence?

D-day for me was months before I found MB, and my biggest regret to this day is that I didn't EXPOSE. By the time I found out that exposure was a great tactic, I guessed it was SO late that it would be more of a revenge tactic than one to stop the A. Even after 2-3 false "recoveries", I did not expose and still have a great deal of regret.

I caved in to her threats of leaving if I did expose, and acted more out of fear than as a responsible, independent thinking adult.

Lack of exposure made FR much easier for her, as the only scrutiny she faced was from me. That's one of the many things I did wrong!

BH - me 53, ONS 1979
FWW - 51, 2 EA's, 1 PA
Last D-Day, Sep. 30, 2003
Last Contact/recovery began 2-26-04

***You can do anything with time and money...but remember...money won't buy you time!***
P
OP Offline
P
Think about your boundary before you allow WS back home
link to a definition of boundary

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 614 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation