Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
OP Offline
H
Just read this misguided Dear Abby column. I am going to respond back to dearabby.com. This is why these woman think it is "ok" to have these affairs.

T'Other woman' advises wives on how to care for marriage

DEAR ABBY: I am the "other woman." I never in a million years thought I'd be in this position. I had been divorced for several years. I should have run the other way once I learned that my lover was married, but I was lonely. I wanted to feel like a woman again -- someone a man found attractive and would like to spend time with.

Some things I have come to understand as the other woman: If husbands and wives treated each other as well as they do their best friends, there would be fewer affairs and cheating spouses. I don't consider myself a "mistress." There is no exchange of money, cars, jewels, furs and no condo or apartment for my use. Nor am I a home wrecker -- my lover's marriage is still intact. What do I get? A wonderful lover, best friend and someone who helps me out around my home.

We give each other our undivided attention when we're together. We make the most of every opportunity we have to enjoy each other's company. I can't imagine life without him. We please and give to each other during our lovemaking. I believe we came into each other's lives for a reason.

Please advise men and women to love each other even when it hurts. Don't let issues fester into sores. Make love with your spouse even if it's not your cup of tea. Sex is a glue that can keep your marriage together. This connection brings a closeness words cannot describe. Don't lose that with your spouse. You'll long to have it back one day.

The other woman is not evil, a tramp or a whore. You could be her one day. She's just someone who is as lonely as the man is. Tell wives to protect their marriage, to swallow their pride, admit there are issues that need resolving and work through them. And one more thing: Don't think you will never be in my shoes. -- THE OTHER WOMAN, ANYWHERE, U.S.A.

faint puke :twobyfour:

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
V
V
When you reply, invite her here. grumble

I think that she actually and truly believes she is doing us a favour. Nuts.

What was Abby's reply?

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

O
O
At the risk of being 2x4'd out of here, I will respond and say that I didn't get that out of that letter. Of course she's the other woman and that in itself is digusting, reprehensible and every other vile word I can think of.

However.

The advice she is giving could have been lifted out of the MB Handbook. I read it as her telling women how to affair-proof their marriages so pond-scum like her wouldn't have an opportunity.

And lastly, when it's all said and done, remember, OW or not, at least in the case of this letter, she is single. Her lover is married. I place way more blame on his shoulders than hers.

M
M
Thats sort of like taking advice on honesty from an embezzler. An OW who can't get a man to marry her is hardly qualified to lecture others on how to have a good marriage. She just knows how to put out for free, not how to foster a healthy marriage. A monkey can put out; it takes no brains or talent.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

V
V
Originally Posted by hope3343
I don't consider myself a "mistress." There is no exchange of money, cars, jewels, furs and no condo or apartment for my use. Nor am I a home wrecker -- my lover's marriage is still intact.
This is the part that I was referring too. I should have quoted it.

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

M
M
The other woman is not evil, a tramp or a [censored].

Not only is she an evil tramp, but she is dishonest and delusional. Engaging in sexual relations with a married man is evil and the definition of "TRAMP" is:

tramp  18. a sexually promiscuous woman; prostitute.

She would also be properly defined as:

wh*re   /hɔr, hoʊr or, often, hʊər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [hawr, hohr or, often, hoor] Show IPA noun, verb, whored, whor⋅ing.
–noun 1. a woman who engages in promiscuous sexual intercourse, usually for money; prostitute; harlot; strumpet.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

V
V
t/j
Melody, could you pop over to Recovery and give chitchat some advice. Thank you
t/j

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
The other woman is not evil, a tramp or a [censored].

Not only is she an evil tramp, but she is dishonest and delusional. Engaging in sexual relations with a married man is evil and the definition of "TRAMP" is:

tramp  18. a sexually promiscuous woman; prostitute.

She would also be properly defined as:

wh*re   /hɔr, hoʊr or, often, hʊər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [hawr, hohr or, often, hoor] Show IPA noun, verb, whored, whor⋅ing.
–noun 1. a woman who engages in promiscuous sexual intercourse, usually for money; prostitute; harlot; strumpet.

Surely not! She is after all in lurve, remember? :crosseyedcrazy:

Plan D June 08
Me FBS 36
W 38
Married 13/1/09
The best is yet to come, with or without your WS
S
S
puke

The fact that this woman is ACCEPTING this behavior from this little man tells the story right there!

IT's clearly saying that she doesn't think herself worthy of having a man to herself...

cheap!

Disgusting! puke

THere are plenty of roaches out there that will feed on anything that they can find...

And when the M does break up becasue the BS got a clue, she will be saying that it's not her fault...she had nothing to do with it...

Last edited by Strivn4Better; 03/12/09 09:42 PM.

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
B
B
I don't consider myself a "mistress." There is no exchange of money, cars, jewels, furs and no condo or apartment for my use. Nor am I a home wrecker -- my lover's marriage is still intact.

LMAO

OW: Who needs money, cars, jewelry and the like when I can slurp up whatever sloppy seconds fall to the floor like a dog? But I'm no tramp. rotflmao

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
M
M
Originally Posted by black_raven

LMAO

OW: Who needs money, cars, jewelry and the like when I can slurp up whatever sloppy seconds fall to the floor like a dog? But I'm no tramp. rotflmao

In Texas we call that "puttin out for free." DUH! crazy

Exposure 101

M
M
It makes me sad to see women degrade themselves in such a way. This woman reduces herself to nothing more than a c*ckroach who is chasing some other woman's crumbs. She cheapens her value to less than a prostitute. At least a prostitute gets something for her services. To make matters worse, she is not bright enough to comprehend that she has nothing to crow about.

Exposure 101

B
B
It makes me sad to see women degrade themselves in such a way. This woman reduces herself to nothing more than a c*ckroach who is chasing some other woman's crumbs. She cheapens her value to less than a prostitute. At least a prostitute gets something for her services. To make matters worse, she is not bright enough to comprehend that she has nothing to crow about.

I don't get it either. Why in the world would you be proud of being someone's OW? If it's so great she should have signed her name to the letter. But that might ruin her fantasyreality.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
M
M
BR, this is the same vacuous mentality that views silly, low brow trash like Bridges of Madison County as beautiful and romantic. crazy To an empty minded, vacuous person, that filth is beautiful. It is sad...

Exposure 101

H
OP Offline
H
By the way here was Abby's answer. I was so focused on the dribble from this misguided train wreck...

Dear Other Woman: That's good advice. Now allow me to offer some to you. I, too, believe your lover came into your life for a reason. He was bored, you were needy and both of you were vulnerable.

The times your lover steals to be with you are hours he should be spending with his family. The passion he devotes to you guarantees that his energies won't be spent working on his marital problems.

You may be "best friends," but when the chips are down where do you think your lover will be? With his wife, his family and his money, Honey. If you need a handyman, hire one. And now that you know what mistakes NOT to make in a relationship, find a man who can be 100 percent yours and pray he has more character than your lover does.

Good advice Abby

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
O
O
Perfect!

B
B
I can only imagine what Abby REALLY wanted to say. laugh

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

D
D
BR, this is the same vacuous mentality that views silly, low brow trash like Bridges of Madison County as beautiful and romantic. crazy To an empty minded, vacuous person, that filth is beautiful. It is sad...

Oh MelodyLane how good that is to read! I do not think I met a single woman who thought what I did when I read that book. A friend was swooning over it, lent it to me and I could not for the life of me understand how anyone could read anything good in that book. Thank goodness it was a very short and quick read.

BW-me-56
FWH-GreenMile-62
Married 1982
2 wonderful grown sons

D Day #1 4/1985
D Day #2 10/03/08
D Days continued for a while.

Started real recovery 07/15/10
D
D
It never ceases to amaze me what people can spin in their mind to make something wrong seem so right.

In college I was a philosophy major and the majority of the professors were athiest. We would have these grand discussions rationalizing why God cannot exist. They would challenge us to go through all the arguments and pick them apart.

Funny thing is many of my fellow classmates would often fall right in line with profs, and say "there is no God." My reply...have fun with that. When you die you become worm food and that's pretty much it. When I die, I'm going some place better smile

It's just in people's nature to rationalize and justify their actions. Morals be damned becasue I want to do this...because it makes me *feel* good, blah, blah, blah.

There is one line from that letter that I do think we can take from this...

"If husbands and wives treated each other as well as they do their best friends, there would be fewer affairs and cheating spouses"

Yes, I agree with this line, but it must be taken totally out of context from her letter. This line speaks directly to undivided attention, meeting ENs, etc. It's good.

But the rest of the letter is a load of horse-hooey. Abby should have broken her foot off in this womans [censored].

D-Papers served May 8th, 2009
M
M
You may be "best friends," but when the chips are down where do you think your lover will be? With his wife, his family and his money, Honey.

When my father died, I discovered that his latest "girlfriend" was actually his mistress of 35 years. When we cleaned out his apartment, there was a drawer full of UNOPENED CARDS going back 25+ years from the mistress.

My dad would dump her on and off over the years and she would send him long rambling love letters and cards. And what did he do? He just tossed them in a drawer UNOPENED. That is how much he "cared" for her. During their long affair, he was married to SIX DIFFERENT WOMEN. He wouldn't marry her.

The longest contiguous amount of time he ever endured her was in the last 5 years of his life when he became terminally ill. That is when we kids became aware of her because she started sending us Christmas cards and birthday cards and seemed to know us. crazy Well, she did in a way. She met some of us when our dad took us into the bank when we were kids. She had been hearing about us for 35 years.

I was astonished to learn all this at his funeral and asked her why she had NEVER got married since Dad didn't marry her. "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeel," she drawled in her deep Texas accent, "this niiice attorney asked me to marry him once, but G didn't think that would be a good idea." flirt

faint

Whatta life, huh?? crazy

Exposure 101

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 224 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Dr. Kabona, zoneofpleasure, priyu04, margoqwerty66, Torres1986
71,882 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Children
by BrainHurts - 10/19/24 04:02 PM
20 appointments and $1000’s later…
by BrainHurts - 10/17/24 01:06 PM
Can I become attracted to anyone?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:57 AM
MBRadio show discussing electric fence pers.
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:55 AM
Lack of sex - anyway to fix it?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:51 AM
Radio Program Still Active?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:50 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,613
Posts2,323,450
Members71,883
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation