Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
OP Offline
B
1. Who does the bills and does most of the major purchasing? (groceries, things for the house, etc)

I do. When we first married almost 25 years ago, he had bad credit and simply wasn't good at managing.

2. Do you both deposit your earnings into a joint account? Does he have his own but you share yours or vice versa?

Everything was joint until we couldn't agree. We then set up our own little kiddies. His is completely empty. Even the one we had set up jointly to go toward another truck someday (since his has 240000 miles and we have a fifth wheel to tow)

3. Have you set boundaries, spending allowances, etc for each couple?

Basically small purchases with our kiddies, but, it was suppose to be major purchases was a joint decision. He sees nothing wrong with what he has done.

4. Is he able to pay for the motorcycle (and other purchases) with his own earnings?

Yes. But it causes me to have to use my kiddies to cover unexpected bills and I get left out of the toys.

5. What goals is his purchasing habits affecting (retirement, vacations, etc) and are those JOINT goals or just yours?

Bottom line, it is affecting my impending retirement a great deal. I would be better off financially alone.

6. Is this perceived financial betrayal the only problem area in the marriage?

No. But, it is major to me. I HATE motorcycles, and this is the 3rd time he has bought one I have asked him not to. He also allowed the wife of another friend to get in the middle of our marriage in support of him with me being the bad guy.

B
B
Who pays all the bills?

Whose income goes to pay bills?

Does he get away with using his income for his toys and NOT For your household bills????

Have you divided the bills up accordingly to who makes the most and who makes the least? Like say he makes two times what you make. Then he pays two times as much on the bills as you do, etc. Have you guys done this?

B
B
Tell him to return that motorcycle or ELSE!!!

:twobyfour: :twobyfour: :twobyfour:

B
OP Offline
B
We both pay them. We make just about the same hourly, but, he works alot of overtime. I wish so bad he didn't have to work it. We could have done it fine. But, he chooses to be a workaholic when it would be so nice to sleep in and not have to constantly be on the edge. After almost 25 years, it does go deep. It is really sad.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 224 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Dr. Kabona, zoneofpleasure, priyu04, margoqwerty66, Torres1986
71,882 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Children
by BrainHurts - 10/19/24 04:02 PM
20 appointments and $1000’s later…
by BrainHurts - 10/17/24 01:06 PM
Can I become attracted to anyone?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:57 AM
MBRadio show discussing electric fence pers.
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:55 AM
Lack of sex - anyway to fix it?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:51 AM
Radio Program Still Active?
by phinnino1 - 10/11/24 08:50 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,613
Posts2,323,450
Members71,883
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation