Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
Originally Posted by hisgirl
You are all 4 the most part right. Wedding was off b4 I came here. I will not try to marry him in the midst of this. I know I still sound a little stuck on stupid. You are refusing to see him as he is.

But I can't imagine that every marriage started off perfect and that every marriage that didn't start off perfect didn't turn out good. Most do start off perfect. The real work generally starts after the marriage not before. You are really trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.
I understand and have debated the risk.

Not to be disrespectful, but the M certificate is a very small point when you look at what we really have going on. But many are not willing to consider that in this situation. The Marriage certificate does matter. It is legal and recognized by government, family and friends. Laws change with this "little piece of paper". It matters. Don't fool yourself.

He has no right to do this to me no matter what! You give him the right when you allow it and don't leave.

I would think, based on what I've learned here, that I was not meeting some of his most important EN and I love to LB, so he has the EA, the fact that he is a former cheater makes everything about this worst, but the truth of the matter is what he has done in this case is not really a big deal in comparison. He has convinced you that this is your fault. It IS if you let it continue!
Run... My mother told me the same thing in so many words smile Please listen to your mother if you won't listen to us!
But this man is the only father my S knows. Because you won't leave. This POS bf is teaching your son how to be a man. Do we really need another selfish, cheating man in the world?
This hurt is nothing compared to what I've already been through and if he made a mistake like anyone could do and he is making an effort to correct it....after all the mistakes that I have made. (forgiving him the 1st several times, and letting him get so close to kids) don't I owe it to myself and my children to see if his intentions are honorable. You already gave him several chances. Do you want to teach your kids that there selfish actions have no consequences? Do you think they really want this man around their mother? They would rather have you happy and whole all to themselves. I promise you that as they get older they will lose respect for you because this will continue.
I will not be stupid. Any decision I make I am going to make with my eyes open. If I know he's a cheating, lying dog and I marry him anyway, that is something that I will have to deal with and ultimately explain to my kids.

A man is a man is a man, H or not, If I were going to condemn him for being a cheater I should have done that 6 years ago. Yes you should have! I have to focus on the exact facts of the current situation. And as it stands he has not slept with another women Are you sure about that?
and I hope he comes through because I am really going to battle for him. On the positive note, I have not cried since 5 pm yesterday. I've only called him once today as compared to atleast 10 times yesterday and I feel good....for now:(

You guys r right though - I give you that!

I don't know what to say. You are not ready to see this for what it is. I fear you and your children are in for a lot of heartache. I am so sorry. It is the hardest thing in the world to let go of a dream. That is all you are fighting for. The man is telling you the truth and you refuse to listen. He shows you his true intentions and you refuse to see. Everybody tells you what you refuse to see and you won't listen. How much more pain do you have to suffer before you are willing to accept that this is not a lasting healthy relationship or even a relationship worth the work. What you are trying to save does not exist. You can't save him, fix him, or make him be a good man. You don't have a healthy past with him. You just have a long history of pain that you have somehow grown comfortable with.

Over it.
S
S
Originally Posted by hisgirl
So I got the goods last night. I made some mistakes that will cause him to be suspicious. So funny, but not. He hasn't really changed his game much, he's doing some of the same things he used to do. Like saving her in the phone under his cousins name. ow, went into vm last night, didn't really leave a msg. just enough to know it was her. But when the vm alert went off he told me it was someone else leaving text. LIE LIE LIE. He is so stupid I was on phone checking his VM before he even finished his lying text msg. story.

So, got the password and I am able to track his outgoing but not incoming (stupid). I can see them and how long they are but not who they're from they could be from me.

He's been calling! I guess I'm not suprised. I checked 90 days of history and this just started mid March. Not even a month, but he's a itching to get in those pants. They seem to miss each others calls often. They talked for 28 minutes on the day he told me he was a sex addict. Other than that their longest call has been 19 minutes. He calls about 3 times a day. But they appear to only talk about once or twice. Here is the kicker. He called her 2 times when we were out at a function. We drink, we danced and he still found time to call her. That hurt.

I feel way different about him today. I'm very torn wanting to skip the carrot and just give him the stick. I feel betrayed and I feel like so what you have been talking to ow for a month. Just stop.

I don't think I can go through with this. I want to plan A but I just think that after everything we've been through I shouldn't have to stand by while he does this. My plan A would probably fail, because everytime I let him slide let me to him wanting to stick the knife in my heart one more time....or perhaps millions. I really want us to work, but I don't see a point in plan A when he knows how much this hurts me. He should be doing the plan A. I don't want to just throw it all away (whatever it is...maybe time and effort). But if he can not resolve to nip this in the bud b4 it goes any further. I'll have to do it myself smile and I will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He did it. He just got off the phone with ow. I have real time. This is not going to be easy, but I think I need to watch and monitor the calls just to make myself see. A part of me still believes in him... in us. I'm just waiting. But the plan A thing can't work because I can't keep my mouth shut. I'm just going to tell him that he can't keep talking to ow everyday and thing that it's going to go away. and that if he stops we can work things out and that if he doesn't I will never forgive him. I have to do this to him because I told him this b4 I told him I did not deserve it and if he ever did it, it would be over. Really talking crazy now.

Plan A is for married BS. I know that you don't think the marriage matters but it does. Before the marriage, the plan is to RUN.

Over it.
S
S
Originally Posted by mindshare
HG,

You like it rough so I'll say it again. He is a serial cheater!!! Why are you putting up with this garbage??? Are you afraid to be alone? You are worth so much more then the misery this guy will continue to bring to your life. There are good, honest, faithful men out there but you can't find them when you are wasting your time on this one.

Listen, you have told him it has to end with OW yet he is still calling her. You need to set a boundary that has a consequence and then you NEED TO FOLLOW THROUGH!!! Tell him that if he talks to her again then he needs to pack up his stuff and move out. Then, when he does (notice I didn't say if) then you you need to pack up his stuff and put it outside the front door. At this point, you have forgiven him so many times that he knows he can go forward with this and eventually you will just forgive him again. He can count on that. You have trained him this way. Time for a major wake-up call.

If you do not do this then you are going to continue to live with this pain and misery. Why would you want that?

Mindshare

Mindshare is right. Pack his stuff in garbage bags and set him out with them at the curb!

Over it.
H
hisgirl Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I actually sat here and read my whole post again. When I got to the end I laughed outloud....it felt like you made me read that whole thing (it was like standing outside of myself) and than you kicked me smile

Plan A is for married BS. I know that you don't think the marriage matters but it does. Before the marriage, the plan is to RUN.

H
hisgirl Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Mindshare, I don't think anyone could have said it better.

I've asked but I have made the demand that he stop talking to ow. I feel like that will just make him keep going.

He picked me up from work and I rode with him than he droped me at home and went to pick kids up from school. I asked him if he could stop calling her... he said he could (meaning I could, but that doesn't mean that I will). I talked alot about not calling.

I am grasping at straws here, trying to find that little thing to hold onto.

I asked if he wanted me to say he's just cheating and move on and he said no, I asked if he wanted me to just wait around and give him so time to figure this out and he said no. I asked if he could give me some advise. He said he was trying to figure it out. When he dropped me at home I logged onto his cell account...nothing...at first. But, I don't get real time as I thought, I actually get to see the call when it is over. 19 minutes, immediately after I got out of the car. I thought he would ride by himself and just think about it. Hurt again.

M
M
HG,

I don't know what else to say to you that I haven't already said. You know deep down that what you are being told is the truth. You know you are getting the right advice. If you lack the self-worth and/or strength to do the right thing for you and even more importantly for your kids then I'm sorry but there isn't much else we can do for you. I really feel sorry for the children. They don't deserve it.

Best of luck.

Mindshare

H
hisgirl Offline OP
OP Offline
H
He said he can't be trusted and he didn't but he wanted to and what he meant was he was going to do it. Tonight is the night they go physical he's been calling her like crazy all day up until about 2 hours ago.....they're together. I don't need to confirm anything else, the more I asked verbally with him and through his phone records the more it sunk in.

He left me. But he didn't leave me. I told him that this was some bs and I was not going for it and he needed to make a decision, he just told me that he was going out. He left with the cousin where they meet. So, it was really like a slap in the face to me. I am sad but I know what I have to do.

We always stayed together before because I never made him leave. He's counting on me to go another day. He feeds off of me, and I let him do it. Well this is it! I still want to be with him but I know in my heart that I can't. I cannot do this anymore. Sacraficing myself for him. He showed and proved, he is the same person that I thought he wasn't. Not a changed a man.

Last edited by hisgirl; 04/03/09 04:21 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 230 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation