Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
S
I never attempted suicide before, but I know what temporary insanity feels like. It never even crossed my mind to hurt my son....The pain of finding out my husband not only had a 2 year affair, but every time i cried i was constantly told by him he was sorry he didnt love me anymore and never meant to fall in love with someone else. The pain was unbearable, I just wanted the excruciating pain to go away.

I was went for help and when paramedics arrived they had to jump start my heart. They basically told me I succeedeed. I couldnt go thru with it because I kept thinking of my son without his mom. I couldnt dump that pain on him. But I so wanted the pain to go away. I was blinded by it and had a thorough plan to end it. And It was a selfish decision on my part. Which would not have happened but for the circumstances.

And all my WH had to say after was what a selfish decision I had made to attempt suicide, What about our son. OH, and how he was sorry he didnt love me anymore, he loved OW.

I dont beleive that god doesnt give you more than u can handle. It still is more than I can handle and the stories above were obviously more than those BS' could handle too.

I also know that if i succeeded that my WH would never have blamed himself. It would have all been MY selfish decision.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
D
D
Lots of people these days are just nuts--you hear about it all the time. Just like the mother in TX (I believe) that methodically drowned her 5 kids a few years ago.

All of these people have underlying issues and just need that one thing to push them over the edge.

C
C
stillhere8126,

I'm glad your son has you. I'm glad you survived.

It must be terribly painful to you that the father of your child is off with another woman. Maybe the best thing is to enjoy your time with that child.

Your son's father made the decision to leave his son as well as you. How very sad.

Cherished

Last edited by Cherished; 04/06/09 09:40 PM.
M
M
Originally Posted by Bob_Pure
But in these cases where these men killed their own children ti spite their spouse ? It is pure evil IMO.

Thank you Bob.

Originally Posted by bigkahuna
I'm all for personal responsibility but

But nothing....this man took the lives of his innocent children. I don't care what his W or WW did. He is SOLEY responsible for his actions.

Plan D June 08
Me FBS 36
W 38
Married 13/1/09
The best is yet to come, with or without your WS
Q
Q
The mother of the children was interviewed on the news tonight. She says the accusations about having an affair were false and she was escaping from an abusive man.

I know the town where the kids went to school. I know how close their community is and the friends of those children and family could use your prayers right now.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
P
P
Originally Posted by QueeniesAdventures
The mother of the children was interviewed on the news tonight. She says the accusations about having an affair were false and she was escaping from an abusive man.

I know the town where the kids went to school. I know how close their community is and the friends of those children and family could use your prayers right now.

She denied having an affair? I'm sure she is telling the truth. She should sue CNN for slander.

Q
Q
sigh

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
B
B
Originally Posted by myfamilyilove
But nothing....this man took the lives of his innocent children. I don't care what his W or WW did. He is SOLEY responsible for his actions.

I NEVER said he wasn't. You really should brush up on 3rd grade reading and comprehension Vladdie.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
L
L
But for HER actions this would never have happened.
I dig you, BigK, but we don't know this. Based on the news up here, this man was unstable and could be pretty volitile. I'm not excusing the mother for having an affair IF the accusations of infidelity are true. However, regardless of what she did or didn't do, I'm not excusing the murderer. And no one will ever know if he otherwise would have never done this or some other horrible thing.

I agree with you, Queenie. I saw the interview too. Prayers all around.

Me (FWW): 45
BH: 46
M: 11/94
PA: 2/08 (4 mos)
Confessed: 10/08
DS10
DD8
P
P
I got the father's math yesterday but now I see a 30 year old mother loses (among others) a 16 year old daughter. That would have made the mother...let's see...six doesn't go into zero so carry the one...six from ten is four...one from one is...

OMG!

I just realized - she's my cousin!

She's from Arkansas too!

While many good people make mistakes when they are young, people who normally post on these forums cannot have a basis of understanding for this family and this tragedy. There is no way to put this into any type of context that any of us could understand. I too was driven to insanity on Dday. While the trip was short, it made walking back easier.

L
L
Wasnt the fact that she was a child when she was impregnated by him part of the news story? I seem to remember reading that already

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
B
B
Vlad - But for HER actions this would never have happened.

How do you know this? The A was all on her- the murders are all on him.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
B
B
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
I never attempted suicide before, but I know what temporary insanity feels like. It never even crossed my mind to hurt my son....The pain of finding out my husband not only had a 2 year affair, but every time i cried i was constantly told by him he was sorry he didnt love me anymore and never meant to fall in love with someone else. The pain was unbearable, I just wanted the excruciating pain to go away.

I was went for help and when paramedics arrived they had to jump start my heart. They basically told me I succeedeed. I couldnt go thru with it because I kept thinking of my son without his mom. I couldnt dump that pain on him. But I so wanted the pain to go away. I was blinded by it and had a thorough plan to end it. And It was a selfish decision on my part. Which would not have happened but for the circumstances.

And all my WH had to say after was what a selfish decision I had made to attempt suicide, What about our son. OH, and how he was sorry he didnt love me anymore, he loved OW.

You poor thing. edit--that is not sarcasm-- that is slack jaw disbelief.

Last edited by barbiecat; 04/07/09 06:37 AM.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
M
M
Originally Posted by myfamilyilove

I NEVER said he wasn't. You really should brush up on 3rd grade reading and comprehension Vladdie.

Never said it wasn’t eh? Please see below where you said exactly that.

and have the blood on her hands for the rest of her life.

Not sure what this means in you’re neck of the woods, but throughout the rest of the world its pretty obvious

Plan D June 08
Me FBS 36
W 38
Married 13/1/09
B
B
Vladdie - All I can suggest is you learn to read less selectively. That woman will ALWAYS blame herself for this dispite the efforts of such as you to tell her ir wasn't her fault.

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
L
L
Originally Posted by QueeniesAdventures

If she was escaping from an abusive man, why did she leave her children in his care?

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
M
M

Vladdie - All I can suggest is you learn to read less selectively. That woman will ALWAYS blame herself for this dispite the efforts of such as you to tell her ir wasn't her fault.

OMG! You just said it again! THIS IS NOT HER FAULT.

Oh and for another pearl of wisdom:

Vlad - But for HER actions this would never have happened.

Interesting considering the doubt that she was even having an A!

Plan D June 08
Me FBS 36
W 38
Married 13/1/09
B
B
WHAT DOUBT? HER WORDS?

rotflmao

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
M
M
What proof she was?

dance2

Plan D June 08
Me FBS 36
W 38
Married 13/1/09
M
M
Originally Posted by Lady_Clueless
If she was escaping from an abusive man, why did she leave her children in his care?

EXACTLY.

ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 584 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation