Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
P
Originally Posted by ouchthathurt
OK,OK, I recant the suggestion of revenge or a reckoning. Not everything I say are pearls of wisdom (DUH?). I just like to allow the full weight of consequence to fall on the cheater head. To really make them think what they have lost.

Okay I have reread this post several times and I am asking for advice.

Is it "Not everything I say are pearls of wisdom"

or "Not everything I say is a pearl of wisdom".

Opinions please.

[And thanks to the Frenchy for the clear headed thinking.]

Thank GOD Justuss was asleep!

I
iam Offline
I
Originally Posted by piojitos
Originally Posted by coachswife
Is it possible your wife could be bipolar? Could she be acting out sexually??? It's not an excuse for her actions but how could she be so blantant and not worrying about being caught- not to even change the sheets? Letting Rah Rah boy take pictures of her, etc?

Moot point. That is not MG's problem.

As the mother of his children who will have continued contact with her (or possibly live with her) the point is certainly not moot.

C
C
'Not everything (every thing, i.e., singular) IS a pearl...'

'Not all things I say are pearls...'

P
P
Originally Posted by iam
[/quote]

As the mother of his children who will have continued contact with her (or possibly live with her) the point is certainly not moot.

Good point. But that is for a professional to decide. That should not influence MG's decision for his life's direction.

P
P
Originally Posted by catperson
'Not everything (every thing, i.e., singular) IS a pearl...'

'Not all things I say are pearls...'

I fight this battle nightly with homework with the DDs.

Thanks for the support.

I fear for the American (okay - english) language.

My worst nightmare is that someday we will all have to speak FRENCH!!!

Good thing I speak Spanish. They're taking over the USA anyway.

L
L
Originally Posted by Mark1952
If you are done, focus on being done. If you are unsure, seek clarity. If you want to try yet again, get a plan that accomplishes that goal.
The best advice yet.

God bless you, mgolfer.

Me (FWW): 45
BH: 46
M: 11/94
PA: 2/08 (4 mos)
Confessed: 10/08
DS10
DD8
P
P
Originally Posted by Looking4
Originally Posted by Mark1952
If you are done, focus on being done. If you are unsure, seek clarity. If you want to try yet again, get a plan that accomplishes that goal.
The best advice yet.

God bless you, mgolfer.

Well said.

S
S
So where is mr golfer? Haven't heard much from him since his initial posts.

T
T
Wow, what a bad surprise.

Your WW seems to be in a huge midlife crisis. She's very into fitness and looks and has chosen similar people (RRBoy, gym dude) for affair partners. Not dealing well with aging, I'd say.

I agree with (Mark?) who said figure out what you want, make a plan, and follow through.

And don't feel stupid. You did everything spectacularly. Your wife is broken.

P
P
This is what makes me sympathetic to MG's WW. Something is seriosuly wrong. It isn't MG's fault and it isn't anything he can fix.

But there are kids.

MG seems like a very responsible guy. He MAY feel WW is his responsibility to fix. He is sympathetic to her too and way more than me.

That is a path he cannot follow.

C
C
MG I offer nothing more than my sympathy. The way you handled this last time was "what I believed" as close to perfect as one could expect.

Now's the time to protect yourself and children.

-JKT

C
C
Originally Posted by piojitos
Originally Posted by iam

Good point. But that is for a professional to decide. That should not influence MG's decision for his life's direction.

Never said it should. However it is an illness that does cause people to take extreme risks sexually and that is exactly what she has done.

Last edited by coachswife; 04/07/09 02:59 PM.
H
H
In my eyes your (MGs) WW is a slinky. I was on another thread and read JustKeepTrying's signature. I thought of your WW instantly. It is beyond words what she has done!

Last edited by HURTandSHOCKED; 04/07/09 03:32 PM. Reason: clarification

Me: 32 BS DDay: 9/14/08
Slowly coming to the realization that I
am one of those who can't get past it.
O
O
I am sure he has a ton of preparation to do b4 her return. Closing account accesses, credit cards, Packing her things, DNA and Semen testing of the sheets.

O
O
After rereading mgolfer's thread from his wifes first infidelity, it is evident to me that she has had several ONS on her scouting journeys. She was out of town 30% of the time. She ended up getting caught because the last one was to close to home. You don't have a job like that and then become so cavalier as to leave so many trails. This showed a person who was use to having sex with OMs just not on ongoing basis. Thats where she slipped up. Her previous interludes were probably common when she was out of town. Then she broke her regular MO and started an affair. The lifestyle has become to ingrained in her to just stop. That is why she had this next affair so quickly after the last one. And the way she didn't even try to cover her tracks, like the bed linen shows one thing. SHE IS USE TO HAVING HOTEL STAFF TAKE CARE OF THE LINENS. She simply never had to do them before. After having sex with various OMs she would simply get up in the morning, get ready for work or to leave, and the maids would take care of the bedding. Now that she doesn't travel she simply never thought to wash the bedding because she never had to before. I think she has been doing this as long as she has had the ability to do it. Sorry mgolfer, but it just make sense.

S
S
Originally Posted by ouchthathurt
After rereading mgolfer's thread from his wifes first infidelity, it is evident to me that she has had several ONS on her scouting journeys. She was out of town 30% of the time. She ended up getting caught because the last one was to close to home. You don't have a job like that and then become so cavalier as to leave so many trails. This showed a person who was use to having sex with OMs just not on ongoing basis. Thats where she slipped up. Her previous interludes were probably common when she was out of town. Then she broke her regular MO and started an affair. The lifestyle has become to ingrained in her to just stop. That is why she had this next affair so quickly after the last one. And the way she didn't even try to cover her tracks, like the bed linen shows one thing. SHE IS USE TO HAVING HOTEL STAFF TAKE CARE OF THE LINENS. She simply never had to do them before. After having sex with various OMs she would simply get up in the morning, get ready for work or to leave, and the maids would take care of the bedding. Now that she doesn't travel she simply never thought to wash the bedding because she never had to before. I think she has been doing this as long as she has had the ability to do it. Sorry mgolfer, but it just make sense.

What????

I
I
She pass a lie detector test about previous affairs!!

P
P
Something just doesn't add up here. To assume WW is and always has been a serial cheater is tantamount to saying mgolfer is the most gullible buffoon on the planet and I don't believe that. I think mgolfer is too smart to not have picked up on that earlier.

But regardless of whether she is or not, the consequences remain the same. She is too far broken for mgolfer to fix even if he had the desire.

P
P
Originally Posted by Dufresne
Folks the mods are seeking some clarification about this thread. I'm going to lock this until then.

Edit by Dufresne = the French Correction.

Great movie BTW.

O
O
Do lie detectors always work?

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 279 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation