Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
OP Offline
B
Oh, Thanks!!!!! I'm feeding him every half hour, and he is eating well. But he still chirps all day long - from 6:00AM until dark.

In fact, he chirps while I'm feeding him. I just thought he was missing his mother.

P
P
Yeah, they will always call for mommy.

If he REALLY chirps when he sees the pipette, he's really hungry.

I had an exact instructional video on my brother's site, but he took it down because there were too many differing opinions on my methods.

However I have the permit to back it up.

I need to find the video and post it back up, but I'm afraid it might be on the computer at my last job and lost forever.

Just be sure to feel his crop to make sure he's getting enough food at the right temperature.

Also another trick is to take a dish cloth and make it doughnut shaped to make a nest. He will sit in the nest for you to feed him by instinct.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
P
P
Here's how to make the nest.

*WARNING* That pic contains unbearable cuteness!

B
OP Offline
B
Pariah - Thanks again. I'm still learning I guess. I had my son feed the bird and the bird ate more than when I feed him. I mean he really latched onto the pipette. He gobbled down the food. And he stopped that ear piercing chirping.

I told my son that he has another feeding at 6:00AM tomorrow!

I'm very happy that you have been such a great help. Thanks for caring.

B
B
believer, one day we visited people with baby canaries, and we helped with the feedings. To clean the babies afterwards, we poured water over them and gently washed off the paste that had fallen on their feathers. Then we blotted them with washclothes until their feathers were dry-ish.

Belle, Domestic Goddess
C
C
Threadjack - - - - I am hoping Mama Robin hangs around because, at my house, we have 2 baby robins in a nest on the outside ledge of my bathroom window. The third egg hasn't hatched. Those babies are not cute yet. But, I make lots of pictures of them from inside my bathroom.

B
OP Offline
B
Oh, how fun! And YOU don't have to feed them.

C
C
Well, I also can't nuke a large area of my backyard with Roundup if I want to be nice to them.

C
C
We've got a nest under the eaves of our front porch. The mama has been sitting on it and flying away every time someone goes through the front door. She padded it with dryer lint! Anyway, we spotted a baby beak up there yesterday.
And we have another nest in the back under the eaves of the patio cover, same kind of nest. I think it is a week or so behind the schedule of the other one.

Chrysalis
B
OP Offline
B
Chrys - My bird is doing fine. I moved him to a flight cage outside today, and he can fly. Also the neighborhood sparrows come outside the cage to eat seeds, so I think they will get accustomed to him, and he will do well.

He still doesn't eat on his own, but will drink water.

P
P
You have a flight cage?

I have a walk-in that I haven't used in a couple of years since the XW killed my finches.

I have one finch left and it's one of the counterfeit ones she tried to deceive me with.

I had Gouldians and she went and had one of her despicable cow-orkers give her some Zebras as "equal replacements".

I unfortunately rejected then and three of them died at her cruel hands.

Their blood is on my conscience as they were innocent.

GOD I HATE HER!

B
OP Offline
B
We seem to have a lot in common. I am so thankful for your advice.

I raise Gouldians. I thought I mentioned that. In my yard, I have 3 flight cages, one for the Gouldians, one for my Zebra finches, and the other for the sparrow.

I started out with Zebra finches, and they bred like crazy. Then I went into Gouldians.

I love my Zebras, but they don't compare to Gouldians.

P
P
Who do you have raise the Gouldians? The Zebras? Or do you have a Society hen to do all the work?

I loved to hear the song of my male Gouldians. I still find the beeping of my only little Zebra hen calming, but I REALLY miss Twerp.

My little hen I have is popping out eggs like a pez dispenser.

She's nothing like my others that would come and sit on my arm and shoulders, but I love her just the same though.

P
P

B
OP Offline
B
Pariah - My Zebra's raise the Gouldians. They are very good parents. I've raised birds for about 7 years now and haven't lost a baby yet.

And the weird thing is that all my Zebras come from one pair. I know that is probably not right. I started out with a pair that my neighbor gave me, and now I have around 25.

I started with 2 pairs of Gouldians and now have 14.

My big problem is I can't seem to sell them or give them away, because no one will take care of them like I do.

P
P
Too bad you are a world away, I loved my Gouldians.

B
OP Offline
B
Not exactly a world away, hon. I live in California. And I'm old enough to be your grandma. But I'm sure we would get along fine.

My sparrow is doing well, and can fly. He still wants me to feed him. I owe that to your good advice. I think he is going to be fine.

You are a good man and I hope you hold out for someone who will appreciate you.

P
P
I want Gouldian finches, not a woman.

Believe me, I am quite the misogynist now.

You misinterpreted.

My XW killed my ability to trust women and she killed my beloved finches.

Guess which one of these can be remedied.

B
OP Offline
B
I think it is very normal not to have trust in the opposite sex after going through this, and especially after going through what you went through. That should fade in time. Don't let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch for you.

C
C
cry My baby birds flew away yesterday! cry

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 697 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation