Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
P
No. That's why the results aren't admissable in court.

Most people can't get around them without training though.

O
O
Do you think she is having an affair? Or could it be more then one guy?

Last edited by ouchthathurt; 04/07/09 10:45 PM.
P
P
The thing for me is you think WW has an A with RRB and is head-over-heels in love. This breaks off. WW is heartbroken. It is just hard to imagine her finding love again so soon.

The only reasonable answer is that, for WW, it was never about love at all.

B
B
RRB?

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
M
M
Rah Rah Boy- he was a cheerleader

BW(me)
DDay EA 4/05
DDay PA 6/05
In recovery
J
J
Originally Posted by piojitos
No. That's why the results aren't admissable in court.

That is not true.....
Is a polygraph admissible in court?
Yes, if ruled on by the judge. The judge is least likely to use a polygraph test if it was given by an unaccredited examiner. There is a great deal of activity in the court system today regarding the use of polygraph, the laws are changing rapidly.

As for this......
Originally Posted by piojitos
Most people can't get around them without training though.

All the training in the world is NOT going to help you "pass" a polygraph, unless you're a sociopath which is a small % of the population. All those websites that tell you "How to pass a Polygraph" is bull....

According to the American Polygraph Association over 250 studies have been conducted on the accuracy of polygraph testing during the past 25 years. Recent research reveals that the accuracy of the new computerized polygraph stytem is close to 100%.
Most errors occur with inexperienced polygraph examiners. Just as one doctor can look at an x-ray, and not see a problem, while the next, more experienced doctor can, so it goes with polygraph charts.

How can you beat a polygraph?
You can't. If the examinee KNOWS they are lying, the polygraph will detect the lie. Unless the examinee is part of that tiny sociopathic segment of the population that can tell a lie and honestly believe it, they cannot beat the polygraph.

Most experienced polygraph examiner can detect deception.

If MG's wife passed the polygraph in regards to other affairs, he can probably trust that Rah-Rah was the first.

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
(Confirmed by polygraph that it had not gone PA)
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
O
O
I wonder how mgolfer is doing. And if mrs. Mgolfer came home? You would have to have major self control not to drive up and find her. I know I would. But self control was never my strong suit. Thank goodness for my wife.

Last edited by ouchthathurt; 04/09/09 09:19 PM.
U
U
This is what I just don't understand about many waywards. What is wrong with them that they feel they have the right to keep their BS on the hook, while they cheat. Mgolfer's wife exhibits many of the traits that my now ex-wife did. She apparently had no intention of leaving the marriage. She just wanted to screw other guys on the side.

My wife was trying to convince me that we should adopt a child, while she was sleeping with her coworker overseas in Kuwait. It simply blows my mind that she thought she had the right to keep me like a pet, while she pursued her own goals. That level of entitlement is simply alien and unforgivable to me.

I guess it just goes to prove that people cheat in good marriages as well as bad marriages, although my marriage wouldn't have been classified as good since my wife was intensely dishonest.

ex-WW had 2 PAs in first 2 years. Buh-bye.
Divorce finalized: 1/28/09
Now just living and loving again.
B
B
You out there mg?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
Z
Z
Dollars to doughnuts this woman has a cluster B personality disorder. Could be a sociopath abd that would help her pass the poly. More likely HPD, BPD or NPD(or a combo platter).
Mn, start researching these disorders.

G
G
Bump

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
K
K
Bumping to see if MG feels like talking.

CORDUROY PILLOWS ARE MAKING HEADLINES!!
R
RMX Offline
R
Bump for mg....

Y'all were in my thoughts today.

FBH 34 me,FWW 34,
DS 14, OC-D 12 (given up for adoption), DS-8, DD-5
D-Day#1 10-12-1998
D-Day#2 2-10-2008
Recovered!
M
M
Don't know if mgolfer is still around, but here's another theory: This sounds like big-time revenge on the part of this WW. She cries and begs and makes it sound like she's so so sorry, but all the while she's getting even for the exposure by bringing men into her husband's own home and leaving poorly hidden evidence for him to find.

It could be that this WW deserves an Academy Award for her acting skills.
Mulan

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
B
B
Could be. After the inital shock wore off, WW could have been bent out of shape...her family and friends know, the public humiliation, her career ended up in the toilet. If only mg had kept his mouth shut her life would have been just swell. crazy

Or she could be looking for yet another dumb way to exit the M. Perhaps she thought mg would have kicked her to the curb and when he didn't she comes back for round 2. Either sounds right up there with wayward insane logic. :crosseyedcrazy:

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
O
O
If she knows that he went on MB before. He may not want to give her any heads up on what he is planning. In regards to what is going on in her mind. I think that she now has virtually no moral fiber left. She has basically traded her marriage and family to go and chase a climax. This other guy is a physical trainer, I understand. The sex is probably fantastic, but she has the ability to forsee the consequence or her actions equal to that of a sea slug....

Last edited by ouchthathurt; 04/15/09 01:45 PM.
O
O
Bump

O
O
Bump

A
A
I guess what I’m looking for here is acknowledgement that I’m doing the right thing.

Of course you are.

Your wife is who she is. She will not change. Yet more proof none ever do.

I caught my wife several different times over many years.

I suggest you do not keep her. It is not worth it. Not even close.

However, allow me to muddy the H20 a bit.

I have over the past few years talked to several (close to 20) WS I used to know irl who did this same thing, and I have also seen this admitted to by a large number of WS here on MB – some WS get over one affair by quickly having another.

Not that this makes a squiggie of difference to you or her or your marriage. But it is informative to know it is a yet another stupid coping mechanism for withdrawal used by a great number of very selfish and entitled people.

Still no hope for her, of course. But it may be the reason for this new adultery. And it may not be, probably is not, the only recent adultery.

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
P
P
squiggie

How is that pronounced?

Just curious.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation