Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
C
She is only 27
faint

How does your eldest feel about you dating someone who could be his friend?

Last edited by catperson; 05/14/09 04:58 PM.
B
B
WHEW glad you are not counting on her to manage the birth control. But who is managing the "broken heart control"?

C
C
6, you know I wish you well. And I know how much you have needed the ego boost this kind of relationship brings. I just worry for the entanglements ahead.

OP Offline
Bubbles, Catperson,

I know everyone on here is trying to help, but always nice to get a reminder. I know we jumped right to sex, but we are taking it super super slowly on the real relationship. She works 60 hours a week, and I'm still kind of broken and dealing with lots of children and prepping for the grandchild at home over the summer.

Sam would be elated to hear I am dating anyone, maybe not so happy that she was only 5 when he was born. He still has such hatred for his mom that he would just be happy to have her know that I am dating (?) a 27 year old lawyer. Maybe I should tell during this part of the year when she is 6 years older? rotflmao

The real question is what will my teenage daughters think? I've spoke with my IC, who is also our family counselor. He thinks it is too soon to add anyone, no matter age, to the family mix right now.

Bubbles, you made me reflect a bit. It is probably too late to avoid a broken heart, in either of us. But that is a very long way from more serious commitment.

Last edited by 6yearsleft; 05/14/09 08:05 PM.

Me 42 BS
Wife 41 FWW (exwife now)
Divorced 10/14/2008
S 21
D 18
D 16
S, S 13 (twins)
Grandson 8 months
G
G
Your kids are grieving the loss of a mother - even if you may not see it that way - they need to go through their grieving stages. Your IC is absolutely right about timeframe. There is one area where you have been very confident and that is about your kids. I'm not convinced you are concerned about "LF abandoning kids." Just maybe you are afraid of her abandoning you when she is brought into the reality of a life of a father with five kids. You are shielding and protecting your LF because that is what you do - you protect and sheild women from reality enabling independent behavior (you did this with your wife - read your threads if you doubt me). - Just an observation. Don't respond - just think about it for a while.

GG

Last edited by gg615; 05/15/09 10:36 AM.

D-Day #1 Aug/2007.
D-Day #2 1/27/12
Legally Separated
B
B
Originally Posted by 6yearsleft
Bubbles,

It will be tough for both of them and not ideal for the baby, but I can't make myself sad. I already love the new little one (named after me).

--They named the baby "6yl"?!?!?!?

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
OP Offline
Very Funny Barbie, rotflmao

I thought he was being named after me, Gabriel (because my parents thought I would be an angel). Turns out he just took my name and now I'm called "Grandpa".

Me 42 BS
Wife 41 FWW (exwife now)
Divorced 10/14/2008
S 21
D 18
D 16
S, S 13 (twins)
Grandson 8 months
OP Offline
Hey guys can you give me some advice over here on this new issue.

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2286366#Post2286366

I hope that link works

Me 42 BS
Wife 41 FWW (exwife now)
Divorced 10/14/2008
S 21
D 18
D 16
S, S 13 (twins)
Grandson 8 months
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 405 guests, and 98 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation