Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
C
Is there truth, I suspect so, but as LG has mentioned.
All publicity is good publicity. Not to mention, their financial quality of life has increased drastically over the past couple years. Big change in a M dynamic.

I
I
Thanks for the explanation Coach, from the last few comments this reality show sounds like it is closer to an unreality show!

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
N
N
If what we saw was in any way true, she was very MEAN. NO ONE treats thier mate that bad. I mean, no one who wants a good and happy marriage. He should not have had an affair but he had taken the abuse from her for a long time.

Pretty foggy, Bubbles.

Also, as Schoolbus is fond of pointing out, inserting a "but" into a statement cancels out whatever came before it.

Any A's in this M are 100% the responsibility of the affairees themselves, and not in any way the fault of their substandard BS.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
V
V
Sure, the kids are cute, but like Delean said, crap trickles down. One of the twins is very rude and mean and it seems that she rarely gets taken to task. I would go crazy if my children acted like those kids do. Plus, how much are they really learning about life when they are carted to and fro and used to getting things free? They are going to learn a very big lesson as they grow up and see that life is hard and nothing is free.

Yeah, they get $75,000 an episode and there were 41 (yes, 41! compared to the normal 25-26) episodes last season. It seems as though those children are being exploited and it's sad.

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
J
J
I think most everyone is being a little harsh here and just a tad on the judgemental side.

Kate and Jon both said on one of the shows....You only get to see what the editors/producers want you to see. Each show, for any reality show, can be creatively edited for the outcome that they want.

The 40 minutes for each show that the world gets to see is only a small part of their lives. I've heard not only Jon and Kate say that but others from other reality show.

I would go crazy if my children acted like those kids do.

Sounds like you've got perfect children. Also, your kids more than likely don't have the same dynamics that these kids do. Can you imagine being a twin, then having 6 brothers and sisters of the same age to compete with. I can't, nor can I imagine how my kids would deal with that. My daughter is a lot like Carra....sugar to [censored] in nothing flat.

Plus, how much are they really learning about life when they are carted to and fro and used to getting things free? They are going to learn a very big lesson as they grow up and see that life is hard and nothing is free.

This is no different than kids that grow up in rich homes.

I do not begrudge Jon and Kate the money that they make nor have a problem with how they are making it.

If this opportunity (Jon & Kate plus 8) hadn't come along for them, where do you think that they would be financially?

We're middle class and having a hard time making ends meet and we only have 2 kids at home

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
(Confirmed by polygraph that it had not gone PA)
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
D
D
>Sounds like you've got perfect children.

I know I do.

Hey!

Perfectly rotten is still perfect!

;-P

I wouldn't trade 'em in on a pony ever!

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
J
J
Originally Posted by Dealan-de
>Sounds like you've got perfect children.

I know I do.

Hey!

Perfectly rotten is still perfect!

;-P

I wouldn't trade 'em in on a pony ever!

Sounds like mine, so rotten they stink.... grin

My point was, the way Carra acts on the show does not reflect badly on her parents. Carra is just Carra and if she was like Mattie, then she wouldn't be Carra.

IMO, all 8 of them are normal kids. Well behaved kids at that.

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
(Confirmed by polygraph that it had not gone PA)
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
D
D
Yeah. I have a Scooter. There isn't another person in the world like the Scooter unless it's a Dervish.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
D
D
>Well behaved kids at that.

But for how long?

They are VERY bright individuals. They SEE how mom and dad interact. I have seen them parrot that behavior.

My Story

Recovered!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation