Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Z
Z
I know what you mean about the attractiveness. Coho is strikingly beautiful but entirely unappealing to me now. I saw her on Saturday when she dropped off the kids. She was all tarted-up to work at her bartending job... which is kind of funny because it's a totally doofy sports pub with a bunch of workin class career drinkers, not the place to get so overly made up. I guess she needs validation from somewhere. It just looks sad and pitiful to me. That she feels she needs to put on a show for these people is really sad. Oh well, it doesn't matter anymore. I only wish she would remember the example she is setting for her kids. I think she's blind to that of course.

L
OP Offline
L
Yea, I hear you Zen. My STBx dresses nicely to go to work. Looking back I find it strange because she would get all dressed up, nice jeans, hottie shirt, makeup, hair done...not tarted up, but looking good. Yet she gets to work and changes immediately in to scrubs for the day. Then back in good clothes to head home...when she gets here she changes to workout clothes or comfy clothes.

Looking back I wonder when this thing started with Dr.X? Is that why and when she started dressing up nice to head to work? I dunno?

She continues to dress nice and look nice around me. I shower, shave and dress nice FOR me, not for her.

And I've not seen the claws come out yet. She's remaining very cooperative and agreeable. Does she really want what's best for the kiddos? And to give me what's fair and equitable financially? I don't know just yet. We shall see when the financial stuff gets down to the nitty gritty.

For now we have this uneasy truce and cooperation going. I remain guarded.

3-DDays, 4-OMs*, Plan-D May 9, 2009, final Dec 2010 (FREEDOM!)
Custody of DDs / new job(s) / "I'm alive...and well"
S
S
She may remain "friendly" and cooperative for awhile. Once things aren't going her way or she gets pissed off, it WILL change. Get as much done as possible during the cooperative stage. It will save you a ton in legal fees and time. Be ready for the transformation. It will happen. My ex-husband didn't get nasty until he remarried (he's fine now that the kids are older). We had been divorced and had gotten along for the kids up until that point. It got even worse when I remarried. That really pissed him off. You have many years of dealing with this woman because your kids are so little. Hopefully you can get past the divorce before the claws come out.

Last edited by stillstanding2; 05/19/09 11:51 AM.

Over it.
L
OP Offline
L
Yes, thanks Still. We are going back and forth right now on the house. She says she can't afford to keep it her salary (or keep me in the house). We haven't even given the attorneys our monthly bills and expenses yet.

I think her attorney is just buying time...

3-DDays, 4-OMs*, Plan-D May 9, 2009, final Dec 2010 (FREEDOM!)
Custody of DDs / new job(s) / "I'm alive...and well"
S
S
Remember the attorneys are in it for a paycheck. Mediate as much as you can with her.

Over it.
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 597 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation