Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 57 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 56 57
Fred_in_VA #2283112 12/05/09 04:28 PM
S
S
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
Even if one could throw snowballs in Hades, there's no way I'm writing any such tripe. I'm staying silent on all of her silly "demands" (obviously they know the OMW got a letter -- I wonder how) and no doubt they've been trying to "spin" it. Whether or not others believe them or not is beyond my control.

It surprises me that some of "our" friends continue to treat her as if nothing were amiss. I know that they too, are free to behave as they wish, but it seems that some people will ignore bad behavior simply to "be nice."

Fred,

Very well...I agree that is best. My suggestion was only IF your lawyer insisted on "being obligated to respond" to your WW somehow. That is an "obligation" that I don't think exists at all, beyond your lawyer's desire to charge you for an unnecessary letter. I'm glad you feel this way--I thought you were suggesting that your lawyer insisted on writing WW back.

When in doubt, DARK IS BEST.

xWW:
Secret LTA w/ thrice married OM at her workplace; EA/PA starts ~ 2005-6
Files & completes D - 2007, OM/OMW#3 D - 2007, Affairage - immediately thereafter
Disappears in 2006 w/o even a goodbye to anyone, Never a paragraph of real truth ever spoken
Me/xBH:
M "for life", Suspicions (denied) & desperate Plan A latter-half '06
1st D-day 1/07, full truth D-day 7/08 (all via 3rd parties)
NC w/ xWW 8/08-date, better off w/o unrepentant vileness, betrayal, & rampant deceit in my life anymore
MelodyLane #2283113 12/05/09 04:28 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Please tell me I did the right thing...

I had another moment of doubt today. Just as I was going out to shovel the snow off the driveway, the letter carrier arrived with the mail. I shoveled a bit and then brought the mail in.

One of the envelopes was from the USPS. It was a change-of-address confirmation notice.

When WW arrived last Monday to "vacate the premises," her first request was that I allow her to continue to receive her mail here. That was the question that produced the Plan B letter, as one of the provisions in it was that she forward her mail.

Now that she's done it, I wonder if I did the right thing? It seems that things like this (and the requirement that she not come by repeatedly to fetch her belongings) do more to push her away than anything else.

Zelmo will say that it's a good thing, that this marriage shouldn't be saved. Maybe he's right, but it feels like there's still a lack of closure. I'd at least like to give it a try.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
Fred_in_VA #2283120 12/05/09 04:44 PM
S
S
Please tell me I did the right thing...

I had another moment of doubt today. Just as I was going out to shovel the snow off the driveway, the letter carrier arrived with the mail. I shoveled a bit and then brought the mail in.

One of the envelopes was from the USPS. It was a change-of-address confirmation notice.

When WW arrived last Monday to "vacate the premises," her first request was that I allow her to continue to receive her mail here. That was the question that produced the Plan B letter, as one of the provisions in it was that she forward her mail.

Now that she's done it, I wonder if I did the right thing? It seems that things like this (and the requirement that she not come by repeatedly to fetch her belongings) do more to push her away than anything else.

Zelmo will say that it's a good thing, that this marriage shouldn't be saved. Maybe he's right, but it feels like there's still a lack of closure. I'd at least like to give it a try.

Fred,

"Saving the marriage" is not dependent upon nor does it have anything whatsoever to do with where your WW receives her mail. She is in full FOG-mode right now and will do/say a lot of things that hurt you and feel like she is "departing for good". This all routine and you should try (as difficult as it is--I KNOW) to not let her words/actions affect you or throw you off your plan one bit.

WSs, especially when challenged by Plan B letters from the BS, will do a lot of "well, fine! I'm moving on! Who needs you anyway!" kind-of-stuff...been there, done that too. Hard as it is to believe, this stuff is nothing but a stubborn defense mechanism on their part. It has no predictive value.

Whether or not the marriage can be reconciled, does not depend on petty things like moving mail. It requires time, the affair to permanently end, and the WS to come around to owning their actions and choosing a new direction. Its a simple fact of human psychology that we all tend to want most that which we are told we can't or shouldn't have (the "forbidden fruit" analogy from Genesis/Garden of Eden). You can't stop her from having her OM nor should you try in any way. Release control and let her have the affair and own its rottenness in full measure--its the only way for her to possibly experience a change of heart and attitude.

xWW:
Files & completes D - 2007, OM/OMW#3 D - 2007, Affairage - immediately thereafter
Disappears in 2006 w/o even a goodbye to anyone, Never a paragraph of real truth ever spoken
Me/xBH:
NC w/ xWW 8/08-date, better off w/o unrepentant vileness, betrayal, & rampant deceit in my life anymore
Fred_in_VA #2283122 12/05/09 04:55 PM
S
S

Frankly, why would you want her belongings laying around the house? --a home she no longer is showing interest in or honoring as her marital residence? Keeping and holding her stuff there only:
1) Gives you more visual "reminders" to hurt you and hold you back mentally AND
2) Gives the impression that you are psychologically "hanging onto" or "controlling" her via her physical belongings.

If I were you, if its legally permissible under your separation agreement (don't know why it wouldn't be), I would pack her crap up and insist that she take it away to her "love nest". Or have it delivered. I would give the impression that "her stuff" is nothing you want be bothered with or responsible for!

"You want to go hang with OM? No problem. Here's your stuff...take it!"

xWW:
Me/xBH:
SDCW_man #2283126 12/05/09 05:09 PM
T
T
"is not dependent upon nor does it have anything whatsoever to do with where your WW receives her mail. She is in full FOG-mode right now"

I agree.

TheRoad #2283128 12/05/09 05:22 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Thank you, SDCW_man. That was helpful.

I spent most of the day moving WW's stuff from the master bedroom to an empty room in the house. I have a whole new closet to divide my stuff into, now (we had separate closets). You're right about not having her stuff around to give me (painful) memories.

St. Francis of Assissi
Fred_in_VA #2283152 12/05/09 08:36 PM
S
S
Thank you, SDCW_man. That was helpful.

I spent most of the day moving WW's stuff from the master bedroom to an empty room in the house. I have a whole new closet to divide my stuff into, now (we had separate closets). You're right about not having her stuff around to give me (painful) memories.

Fred,

I know of where I speak. Seeing my WW's belongings hurt me so badly...it was a constant, in-my-face reminder of her betrayal and deceit. Get rid of her crap! Send it to her. Have her pick it up (on the curb or via an intermediary). Don't even offer for her to see you or come into your house in any way. Just rid yourself of all the reminders you legally and easily can. Refuse to have ANY contact with her...DARK!

Moving her mail means NOTHING.
Keeping her stuff means NOTHING.

xWW:
Me/xBH:
Zelmo #2283160 12/05/09 09:20 PM
B
B
Originally Posted by Zelmo
Stick a rotten mackeral carcass in the bottom of the box, Fred.

And on this note...in Iceland try the putrified shark-- but do not ask HOW it is made.

My bro lived ther a few years. The fable says "in Iceland there is a beautiful woman behind every tree"... really it is apparently tree barren, you see miles and miles of nada, to the horizon line.

Oh well

Buy a sweater and learn about the 5 gaited ponies.

bring warm clothes. Those Vikings were not wussies.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
barbiecat #2283168 12/05/09 10:41 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by barbiecat
[I]n Iceland try the putrified shark-- but do not ask HOW it is made.

My bro lived ther a few years. The fable says "in Iceland there is a beautiful woman behind every tree"... really it is apparently tree barren, you see miles and miles of nada, to the horizon line.

Oh well

Buy a sweater and learn about the 5 gaited ponies.

bring warm clothes. Those Vikings were not wussies.
Ha! It was colder here today (and snowier) than it was in Reykjavik (in fact, as I type this, it's currently 35 here and 37 there). I think I should take suntan lotion! smile

St. Francis of Assissi
C
C
I think the point Fred was trying to make was that, if he goes ahead and lets her come get this pile, she'll be telling his lawyer NEXT week which pile she wants to come get then. And then again in another couple weeks. And on and on.

I like the idea of saying 'this one time' I'll agree. For the rest, bring your moving van cos you'll only get one more chance.

catperson #2283378 12/06/09 02:30 PM
F
OP Offline
F
I don't want the t/j, but since this is my thread I can say and ask what I want, right?

On ChaiLover's thread, a link to an article on detachment was posted. On that site was a sponsored link on How to Fix Relationships Even If Your Partner Is Unwilling. Learn How In 20 Minutes. Guaranteed.

http://www.relationshipsaver.org/

Has anyone spent the $39.95 (file immediately available for download) to find out what this is all about? Money-back guarantee, they say.

St. Francis of Assissi
Fred_in_VA #2283468 12/06/09 06:24 PM
M
M
Sounds too good to be true !

myopia #2283557 12/06/09 11:15 PM
F
OP Offline
F
New question:

As many of the regulars know, I came here just a week before Plan B (as enforced by the Separation Agreement I probably shouldn't have gotten) and so had very little time to Plan A.

However, it occurs to me that I can still do a little Plan A-ing even though I'm dark.

When D-day occurred, I joined Facebook. Partly because WW had an account and I wanted to find out what I could (learned the identity of OM that way) and also to reach out in a way to keep me from withdrawing into a shell.

OM does not share many of WW's interests. And, since he's recovering from (suspected emasculating) surgery, he's not able to do many of the things WW finds gratifying.

Because WW and I -do- share many of the same interests, I find I can post my status on Facebook and include those interests.

For example, today I ran in a local 10K race that WW and I did annually for many years (I took second place in my age group, which came as a surprise to me!). Afterwards, I went to the local VFD where they hold a monthly AYCE pancake breakfast, another activity WW and I always did together.

So I posted a very brief "status" message about the run, the shirt, and the breakfast. No hints, subtle messages or sly winks, just "this is what I did today."

I know WW checks Facebook because I can see when she's online (via the chat window). She has me listed as a friend, so my status updates appear (with everyone else's) on the "news feed."

So, is this "Plan A-ing?" Should I desist from posting things that might make her think, "gee, OM doesn't do this, and I really enjoy doing this..."

St. Francis of Assissi
Fred_in_VA #2283561 12/06/09 11:20 PM
K
K
No, no, this is perfect! Since you're in Plan B she's seeing what it's like without you.

You shouldn't put your interests on hold and whatnot just because she's not there to share.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
Fred_in_VA #2283564 12/06/09 11:25 PM
Q
Q
Whether or not the marriage can be reconciled, does not depend on petty things like moving mail. It requires time, the affair to permanently end, and the WS to come around to owning their actions and choosing a new direction. Its a simple fact of human psychology that we all tend to want most that which we are told we can't or shouldn't have (the "forbidden fruit" analogy from Genesis/Garden of Eden). You can't stop her from having her OM nor should you try in any way. Release control and let her have the affair and own its rottenness in full measure--its the only way for her to possibly experience a change of heart and attitude.
I would print this out and keep it readily available at all times.

However, it occurs to me that I can still do a little Plan A-ing even though I'm dark.
NO NO NO... what's that? I wasn't clear? NO NO NO

She needs to get the full impact of having NO NEWS about YOU... For Plan B to fully work it needs time. Time to give her the experience of what life is going to be like WITHOUT you.

No facebook, no updates about what you are doing. Then she doesn't have to wonder. You are feeding her still and that's the WRONG thing to do.

Last edited by QueeniesAdventures; 12/06/09 11:26 PM.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
karmasrose #2283566 12/06/09 11:26 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by karmasrose
No, no, this is perfect! Since you're in Plan B she's seeing what it's like without you.

You shouldn't put your interests on hold and whatnot just because she's not there to share.
I have no intention of putting my plans on hold. Next weekend is the Jingle Bell Run. During our early dating period (before she had even started running), I told her of this race and even showed her my running shoes (I retired them after this race) that still had the bells attached.

The next year we ran it and had a blast! It was cold, blowing and snowing. The roads were slick and one would think everyone had lost their minds (what with wearing Santa and reindeer hats, bells a-jingling, etc.). We both relished that run, stopped in a coffee shop for a hot cup and conversation, and it has long been a fond memory to us both.

The Jingle Bell Run itself was postponed for a few years (lack of sponsorship, I think), but it's back. And I'm already registered!

You can BET I'm posting on Facebook about it afterwards! smile

St. Francis of Assissi
Fred_in_VA #2283569 12/06/09 11:28 PM
K
K
I think the FB updates could be a good part of Plan B.

It shows her that you don't need her there to have fun doing what you love to do.

No Plan Aing during Plan B.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
Fred_in_VA #2283570 12/06/09 11:28 PM
Q
Q
You can BET I'm posting on Facebook about it afterwards!

I completely disagree with this. STAY DARK.... Take yourself out of the equation or go back to Plan A and work it.

By posting she is getting a need met and she won't have to change.

Someone else, please help explain why this is a BAD IDEA... I can't say the right words.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
karmasrose #2283573 12/06/09 11:30 PM
Q
Q
Originally Posted by karmasrose
I think the FB updates could be a good part of Plan B.

It shows her that you don't need her there to have fun doing what you love to do.

No Plan Aing during Plan B.

I don't disagree with people very often, and I'm open to being over ruled but this is a BAD IDEA.

Plan B is entirely removing yourself from the situation and being DARK. Not giving the wayward any idea of what's happening on your side. Then they have to wonder. Why would you want her to know. Let her wonder.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by QueeniesAdventures
Plan B is entirely removing yourself from the situation and being DARK. Not giving the wayward any idea of what's happening on your side. Then they have to wonder. Why would you want her to know. Let her wonder.
If WW isn't getting her needs filled by OM, why not show her that H (me) is still doing the things that she enjoyed doing? Since I'm not communicating with her, but just posting my status to my friends (something I'd do anyway), if she happens to read it, wouldn't that make her compare her current sitch to the one she left?

St. Francis of Assissi
Page 17 of 57 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 56 57

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 583 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation