Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Z
Z
I think your best bet , reconciling or moving on, is to ignore your cheating wife. You need to see a lawyer.
Your wife loves the attention and drama.

Last edited by Zelmo; 12/15/09 04:37 PM.
B
B
Originally Posted by Floridapad
Please let me know what you think.
I am not angry with you. I truly am not. The match.com thing did not make me angry. It just flipped a switch in my head that made me finally wake up to the fact that you would rather go out and find new love. You would rather date and fall in love with someone else. That truly is OK. How can I be mad at you for doing what you feel will make you happy now and for your future. As I mentioned in my letter, I respect your feelings and needs and I no longer question or doubt them. They are your feelings

Please respect my wishes as mentioned in the letter (plan B). Thank you!

Plan B and still talking to WW? banghead

Do not send that...IMO you'd sound like a total weenie. Nothing is OK about her adultery.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
F
OP Offline
F
Thank you all for the quick replies. I was getting anxious to send it. You all are a Godsend.

Her sister wants to speak with me again when they arrive. They are ALL praying that I do Christmas together for the childrens sake. How can I look across the table at my in-laws knowing that my W is looking to replace me. My in-laws will be gone as well although not entirely because of the children. Wow it's tough dealing with the children.

F
F
Thank you all for the quick replies. I was getting anxious to send it. You all are a Godsend.

Her sister wants to speak with me again when they arrive. They are ALL praying that I do Christmas together for the childrens sake. How can I look across the table at my in-laws knowing that my W is looking to replace me. My in-laws will be gone as well although not entirely because of the children. Wow it's tough dealing with the children.
My advice (it's free, so that's what it's worth): Stop worrying about the relatives. Are you more concerned with pleasing them, or in saving your marriage?

/advice

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
C
C
They are ALL praying that I do Christmas together for the childrens sake.
If they tell you that, simply say "Why don't you pray for your sister to quit having affairs? That is more fair."

Seriously, STOP interacting while you are in Plan B! Do you want this to work or not?

T
T
Tell SIL that WW has moved onto OM2.

Then continue plan B with WW.

F
OP Offline
F
first contact today. I had to pick up the kids. They were not ready, not yet dressed. I left and texted my W to please let me know when the kids were ready. This is the first time I did this so she responded with "why are you being an [censored]." LOL. I will say. This Plan B is hard on the kids. They sense something is up. Very painful to me. I am going to tell the SIL about OM#2 when she arrives in town and let her know I can't do Christmas as a family because it would be too painful "playing" family while she is out looking finding my replacement. Her sister and mom will be very disappointed in her and completely understand where I am coming from.

I
I
I am going to tell the SIL about OM#2 when she arrives in town and let her know I can't do Christmas as a family because it would be too painful "playing" family while she is out looking finding my replacement. Her sister and mom will be very disappointed in her and completely understand where I am coming from.

Good, I doubt that secrecy is necessary at this stage. Plan B it is. Have you an intermediary?

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
F
OP Offline
F
My son had a breakdown last night. Cried horribly for 20 minuts that we wren't spending Christmas together. This PlanB I think is esy for the wife part because honeslty I really don't have much love left for her. But regarding the children. That pains me more than anything in the world. Yes I know this is ultimately my wifes decision to divorce but having my children be in utter deep dark sadness is a pain I can not bare. THis transition is new to them and I truly wonder how this abrupt cuttoff will affect them during Christmas time. I will tell the SIL about OM#2 and she would underztand me not wanting to "play" family but my God the pain of my children is unbearable. My W is in one of those stubborn as hell selfish modes and is shutting her feelings towards the pain the children are feeling. I can't fight that. She wants to move on to a new BF and now that she has one it will probably take 2 years to cycle through that one. I have no problem Plan B'ing her because I need to move on but my children during Christmas at such a sensitive period is almost too much pain for me to bear. I tild my 13yr D Imom had a boyfriend but she closed her ears and said daddy please I don't want to know it hurts too much. I'm pretty convinced right now that Plan B would be a looooong painful option for the children. I want to allow them to have Christmas with their cousins and they want there mom to be involved too. Honestly, please someone tell me at what point plan B doesn't make sense anymore, especially during this period.

M
M
My son had a breakdown last night. Cried horribly for 20 minuts that we wren't spending Christmas together. This PlanB I think is esy for the wife part because honeslty I really don't have much love left for her. But regarding the children. That pains me more than anything in the world. Yes I know this is ultimately my wifes decision to divorce but having my children be in utter deep dark sadness is a pain I can not bare. THis transition is new to them and I truly wonder how this abrupt cuttoff will affect them during Christmas time. I will tell the SIL about OM#2 and she would underztand me not wanting to "play" family but my God the pain of my children is unbearable. My W is in one of those stubborn as hell selfish modes and is shutting her feelings towards the pain the children are feeling. I can't fight that. She wants to move on to a new BF and now that she has one it will probably take 2 years to cycle through that one. I have no problem Plan B'ing her because I need to move on but my children during Christmas at such a sensitive period is almost too much pain for me to bear. I tild my 13yr D Imom had a boyfriend but she closed her ears and said daddy please I don't want to know it hurts too much. I'm pretty convinced right now that Plan B would be a looooong painful option for the children. I want to allow them to have Christmas with their cousins and they want there mom to be involved too. Honestly, please someone tell me at what point plan B doesn't make sense anymore, especially during this period.

Oh, Florida. hug I've not done Plan B, but I have great sympathy for you and your kids. Holidays are a time of tradition, and they know that tradition isn't going to happen. Maybe you can do some different, fun things to help begin some new traditions? They are watching you, to see how you transition this year.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

L
L
I'm in the same boat FP. It's going to be tuff on the kids but I agree that you can't pretend to be a family when you're not. I have got word to my WW that if she wants to see the kids on Christmas Day (my turn this year) I can make arrangements to have them see her but not me (she actually wanted to go shopping together and share Christmas together). It's the pain I see my kids go through that promted me to offer her to see the kids. Hope this might help you. Hang in there.

Don't pray for God to guide your footsteps unless you are willing to move your feet

Me BH 55, WW 40, M 12 yrs, 3 Boys 19, 10 & 8.
Separated Sept 08
DDay Dec 08
Plan A Mar 09
Plan B 16 Nov 09
F
OP Offline
F
Looking for serenity - Is you WW still seeing someone? Her affair partner or a new BF?

L
L
She's working on OM#3. best i can tell they've been together since Holloween maybe longer.

Don't pray for God to guide your footsteps unless you are willing to move your feet

Me BH 55, WW 40, M 12 yrs, 3 Boys 19, 10 & 8.
Separated Sept 08
DDay Dec 08
Plan A Mar 09
Plan B 16 Nov 09
B
B
This Plan B is hard on the kids. They sense something is up.

I see you told DD13 about OM but what of the other children and what have you told them about why you are in Plan B (in terms they can understand)? Christmas will be hard FLpad but the reality is that should you D this is how life, even the holidays, will be. I'm so sorry for your children's pain, BTDT like so many others, but you need to stay focused. As hard as it is, stay upbeat and do something special with the children. If tears fall, wipe them, give hugs/kiss and reassurance, and focus on something to get you and the children through.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
F
OP Offline
F
II wrote an e-mail to my SIL telling her I felt there was another male "interest" in hmy W's life and explained why I can't do Christmas. I told my SIL that I still loved my W and hoped for a reconciliation down the road but now that there is somone new I must protect myself. She forwarded it to my W. I saw my W send the e-mail to her friend and my W added the following:

"My sister thinks he is not correct. It's ironic because he is right even though my new "male interest" is really nothing....if anything it made me realize that if this is happening with a NEW interest, it would DEFINATELY happen with (my name). I am just not ready. BUT I don't think there is much else I can do at this point....."

Her freind responded that she should be alone.

I'm going plan B and not reading her e-mails anymore. I'm curious what you all think is going through this womans head./

Last edited by Floridapad; 12/16/09 02:22 PM.
P
P
I'm going plan B and not reading her e-mails anymore. I'm curious what you all think is going through this womans head./

Plan B is not thinking about what's in WW head. (fluff and worms)

T
T
"Christmas will be hard FLpad but the reality is that should you D this is how life, even the holidays, will be."

Plan A is not easy. Plan B is not easy.

Now that you are in plan B and if you have custody the kids go where you go.

Now if the WW family wants the GP to see the kids and the cousins to see each other then tell them they have to uninvite the WW.

The way you had to choose they will have to choose.

F
OP Offline
F
I have a question for everyone. When do you come off of plan b? If my W is not talking to OM#2 anymore do you go back on plan A. What is the trigerring event. That she says she wants to work things out or that is is no longer in contact with OM#2.
My W told the SIL she is not intereseted in the om#2 because she doesn't have strength and he is just not her type. I checked the phone thing again (yeah I know that defeats the purpose of plan B)and I noticed fewer conversations with the OM#2.

Just curious what should dictate coming off plan B. Is that a personal thing. In my situation my wife has made it fairly eveident that she is not ready for anything having to do with rebuilding the marriage with me and she has told her friend she is not ready. Her SIL says she is looking into seeing a pshychiatrist, but I think she is still seeing the path to her getting over her affair partner by finding someone new. What is the factor to go from plan b to plan A?

P
P
What was in the Plan B letter?

C
C
she is not intereseted in the om#2 because she doesn't have strength and he is just not her type
Oh yeah, that's a GREAT reason to take her back.

There is no such thing as going back to Plan A. Plan A is you trying to sweep her off her feet. Why would you backstep to do that all over again?

And what happened to OM#3?

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 148 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
peppa, RP4280, Philip Pitre, ClarencePeterson, ColsDawg
71,872 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Children
by BrainHurts - 09/28/24 06:19 PM
Spying on Wife's phone without getting caught?
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 08:59 PM
Depression
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 11:19 AM
Separated/Dating
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:58 PM
Child activities
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:56 PM
Loss of libido/Sexual Attraction
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 06:10 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,608
Posts2,323,426
Members71,872
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation