Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
C
Originally Posted by NCWalker
2) A divorced dad WITH his kids is a CHICK MAGNET. I have to beat the ladies off with a stick. smile My sons are very good and well behaved, and as soon as a woman hears that I have them primarily and they are so good, it means I must be the perfect man. (Even though I am really a schlep, like all the others, though I DO look good in my loin cloth). So the boys teachers, ladies at church, etc. etc. are ALWAYS trying to set me up on dates. Again, the media culture. But this time working in my favor. (If I could only get my pesky morals out of the way, I'd be having a BIG time...)

LMAO

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
F
F
A divorced dad WITH his kids is a CHICK MAGNET.
As others have observed, it takes more than children for a man to be a chick magnet.

WW's XH has two and is such a repulsive personality (controlling, egotistical, arrogant, angry, slovenly and more that would take too much space to write) that since he and WW divorced (what, eight, nine years ago?) he's had only one relationship that ended abruptly, and now he's confined to being "buddies" with a mannish lesbian who's almost half his age.

No, he's not a chick magnet by any stretch of the imagination. I think he may ultimately wind up with a tattooed biker chick who weighs more than he does, drinks like a fish, and swears like a sailor.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
S
S
Hey...I'm a tattooed biker chick...

LMAO--I know what you are saying though!!

N
N
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
A divorced dad WITH his kids is a CHICK MAGNET.
As others have observed, it takes more than children for a man to be a chick magnet.

That's the whole problem. There is an aspect of this board that is a curse.

You SAY it takes more than that, and it is true, just because I have my kids, doesn't make me a great guy. But the REALITY of it, is the rest of the world is VASTLY IGNORANT of what is important. They run on feelings, with is a path to learning by experience. It's like bump-steering down a dark hall.

The reality of it is it SHOULD take more than that, but it doesn't. MOST people I meet do not understand these concepts in such a formal way. That's pretty sad.

The curse of the board is that now that I KNOW, I can spot a phony right away. And it really isn't a curse, it means the next one I pick (if she'll have me) will be a winner.

atena #2288705 12/14/09 01:45 PM
B
B
The anger helped me. I don't know if one can really develop it...just thinking about a WS's messed up behaviors is usually enough.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
Zelmo #2288708 12/14/09 01:49 PM
N
N
Originally Posted by Zelmo
It's always nice to excise a cancerous tumor from one's life, NC. ...

You have had it worse than me, Zelmo. I can't imagine that. I have great kids, no serious issues to deal with. I have the utmost respect for those of you raising kids with special needs, whatever they may be.

And I wouldn't refer to my ex as a cancerous tumor. We were very much in love for a while there. Had a good marriage. We were just unequally yoked. It doesn't make her a bad person, she just had a slew of bad choices I could no longer take. (She says now that she is making good choices, but I don't really pay too much attention to her current life). I hope her and OM are happy. I hope she has found someone with a temperament more in line with hers. I am just glad it's not me anymore.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 88 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ClarencePeterson, ColsDawg, dr. lan smith, Dexterman2024, jonesbarry055
71,869 Registered Users
Latest Posts
On the same page...in a bad way
by BrainHurts - 09/20/24 04:27 PM
Welcome New Members!
by ClarencePeterson - 09/20/24 01:05 AM
Deep hurt
by Iceprincess - 09/18/24 12:07 PM
Before reentry into dating
by Dr. Harley - 09/13/24 04:18 AM
Involucrar o no a la familia por apoyo
by BrainHurts - 09/03/24 02:02 PM
Wife bought THC gummies and lied to hide it
by BrainHurts - 09/02/24 09:16 PM
Child activities
by thirdtimesacharm - 08/23/24 04:56 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,606
Posts2,323,412
Members71,869
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation