Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
F
OP Offline
F
Your right. My wife is in a cycle of pain avoidance and somehow feels that finding a distraction will help? She is in deep withdrawal pain. She has lost two more pounds and now weighs 123. She is 5"10 and now a size zero. Her sister said she is now looking into psychotherapy. She hates counseling. I will stay black. My plan B letter simply stated that I need to protect my love with the knowledge that you chose to find happiness through other people. I guess basically when she is ready (if she even will) to look to me to fulfill her needs I will go out of plan B. JH suggested I leave his needs her needs with the letter which is what I did. This Plan B is helping ME a bit. Thanks for the support and keeping me honest.

F
OP Offline
F
UPDATE -

Things are a roller coaster. A week or two after I sent the plan B letter she dropped the OM#2 and cancelled her match.com subscription. She says she wants to be alone to sort through her feelings and try to find her internal happiness. She also made a big step by going to confession. This is something I have been trying to get her to dow for the last year but gave up. It seems like she is trying to find her "moral compass" again, but is still in a very confused state conflicted). She made some vague commments about her and me getting back together, but NOTHING of substance. I have dropped all talk of reconciliation and keep the conversations light and happy. She initiates the heavy stuff and I just LISTEN. I took her to the beach with the two older kids and had a great time. At the end of the day she said "today was really nice". Ugh. I have to remind myself it means nothing. Still a long way to go and not sure how to deal with these recent steps forward. Since she is still heavily in MLC it seems like some days are good and others, she still needs space.

J
J
That's not plan B. I guess you want this limbo to continue.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
F
OP Offline
F
Jim

What do you mean not Plan B. I sent her a letter cutting off all contact because she chose to go down a path of finding new love with someone else. A week later she cutt off all contact with the short lived BF and cancelled her match.com subscription. She also went to confession which was a big step I wasn't anticipating.

Should I continue hard NC? This is the dilema I am in. When do you go from plan B back to plan A. I will read your story.

J
J
Originally Posted by Floridapad
Jim

What do you mean not Plan B. I sent her a letter cutting off all contact because she chose to go down a path of finding new love with someone else. A week later she cutt off all contact with the short lived BF and cancelled her match.com subscription. She also went to confession which was a big step I wasn't anticipating.

Should I continue hard NC? This is the dilema I am in. When do you go from plan B back to plan A. I will read your story.

Once you go the plan B route, you shouldn't let them back until they meet ALL your conditions toward recovery of the marriage including NC w/ OM, marriage counseling, moving back in, working on the MB program together, shared password and complete transparency, etc. The purpose of plan B is to presevere the love for your spouse as long as possible in addition to showing your WS what life is truly like without you completely. Your WW is still abusing you by not committing to the marriage or recovery. The way she is currently living, OM3 could pop up any time and she knows all she has to do is dump him and you'll come running back.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
F
OP Offline
F
I hear where you are coming from. I have her PW's without her knowledge so I can track if there is OM#3. She met the initial requirements under plan B (my plan B). I did not put marriage counseling in there because I guess I was being a wussy. She has come along way from where she was but to answer your earlier question. No I don't want to be in limbo.

She is planning a long trip to Italy in the summer with the children and I plan on moving back in the house(unanounced) at that time. Here I am. Not sure how to proceed other than Plan Aing her. Suggestions?

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 148 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
peppa, RP4280, Philip Pitre, ClarencePeterson, ColsDawg
71,872 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Children
by BrainHurts - 09/28/24 06:19 PM
Spying on Wife's phone without getting caught?
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 08:59 PM
Depression
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 11:19 AM
Separated/Dating
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:58 PM
Child activities
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:56 PM
Loss of libido/Sexual Attraction
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 06:10 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,608
Posts2,323,426
Members71,872
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation