Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
Mel, you Texan BEAST, that is the picture that you had me believing was you for a whole day.

She really did this, y'all. On MB, earlier this year, in public for all to see. She also told me to be sure and ask for a possum melt when I ate out in Georgia. (I visited the States in summer 2009.) When I finally read the headlines more closely and realised that the whole "magazine" was a spoof, I stamped my foot and she LAUGHED AT ME.

Let me warn all newbies now. That is NOT MEL in that picture.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M

M
M
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Mel, you Texan BEAST, that is the picture that you had me believing was you for a whole day.

She really did this, y'all. On MB, earlier this year, in public for all to see. She also told me to be sure and ask for a possum melt when I ate out in Georgia. (I visited the States in summer 2009.) When I finally read the headlines more closely and realised that the whole "magazine" was a spoof, I stamped my foot and she LAUGHED AT ME.

Let me warn all newbies now. That is NOT MEL in that picture.

Hey! A little wishful thinkin never killed anyone! rotflmao

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by mindshare
Originally Posted by Mark1952
Mel,

You know if you zoom in on that map you can see a lot of detail.

In fact, I found your house...

Mel's House

That's your house Mel? I just love what you've done with the place!! You Texans sure know how to decorate!!!

That there is called a RV, mindshare! A Texas palace. smile

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
How do you make a Brit laugh on Boxing Day?

Tell him a joke on Christmas Eve..

stickout

If nothing else, I'm an equal opportunity insulter...

S
S
That's not true, Mark. Tell me a joke now and see how quickly I get it. I'll bet it's before Boxing Day.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
Boxing Day is on Monday this year, isn't it?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
T
T
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Boxing Day is on Monday this year, isn't it?
Only if you work for the government or the banks!

S
S
Tabby, I know you think are Canadian, but you must be British underneath, judging from that response.

It's okay. You've got until Monday to get it.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Originally Posted by QueeniesAdventures
Being Jewish it might seem a little odd that I would track Santa. But as one of my NEW Traditions last year I did and my boys thought I was off my rocker.

I thought it was so cool and found myself choked up at various points. Thank you for this. I wanted to track him again.

:MerryChristmas:

Queenie, my own opinion is that Santa Claus is an international symbol of generosity and giving. Surely everyone can understand that and enjoy the tradition of gift giving at this time of year.

Gift giving at MidWinter is actually a very old tradition - possibly as far back as the Bronze Age or even before - as that is the best time to make sure your family and neighbors have enough food and warm clothes and other necessities to get through the rest of the winter. It was a way for the best-supplied members of the tribe/clan/village to make sure everybody else made it through. The chief or king would see to it that this was done - and he was usually an elder who may well have had white hair and a beard . . .

So, I say join in no matter what your religion! I don't know of any religion that would frown on generosity and giving, either to those you love or to those in need. Santa is one tradtion who can truly be for everyone.
Mulan

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 314 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation