Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 … 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,316
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,316
Plus, y'all do realize that Tabby is Canadian which does put a damper on any ability that she has to offer fashion tips anyway...soooooooooo...grin

KIDDING TABBY! wink

Mrs. W


FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,775
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,775
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by Dude007
How bout I get fwxw and you get hubby and we all got the MB weekend the same time? Drinks are on me...DUDE

She and her H already WENT with me and my husband!

Was there any independent time? Did you folks need interpreters?

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 981
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 981
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by Tabby1
I'm not saying I would be disrespectful or unfriendly with her. In fact, I do respect her for many reasons. But she and I will never chat on the phone exchanging recipes, giving each other fashion tips or sharing personal feelings. I mean no offense at all, Mrs. W., it has just become something very important to me among people I feel close to. I dropped a friend who was a known adulterer.

Tabby, there is a world of difference between a cheater and a repentant FORMER cheater. I agree I wouldn't have a cheater for a friend and even dumped a girlfriend for that very reason. But MrsW is a FORMER cheater.

And she is my FRIEND.

She has more integrity and character than most people I know. She is aware of her weaknesses and shortcomings and has diligently taken steps to close that gap.

Do you avoid anyone who is not PREFECT? Because we all have our shortcomings. There is no such thing as a perfect person. It isn't perfection that qualifies a persons character, but how they HANDLE that imperfection. And MRsW is a TOP NOTCH character that I am PROUD to know and count as my friend.

blush Thank you, Mel...I can't tell you what that means to me...blush I'm very lucky to count you as a dear friend! smile

Mrs. W

P.S. Dude, it'd be fun, but we've already been to the MB weekend...In all seriousness, if you plan to continue seeing your ex-wife going to an MB weekend is an EXCELLENT thing to do...Consider it a gift to your children...

What about me ladies? I'm your friend? We've all been wayward in some way during our lives?? DUDE

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,549
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,549
I didn't see this said anywhere in the 17 pages of comments, but I think both LG and Harley are correct. The liar, again, is the STBxWW.
See, the Harleys clearly aren't divorce coaches. 'Nuff said.
Also, LG said clearly that he was going to plan D.
My guess is that WW said something like this to the Harleys: "LG ~~says~~ he wants a divorce and I don't blame him. But I've changed my ways (bat eyelashes, even though that can't be heard over the phone) and I think he needs to give us one more chance. I think his pride isn't letting him back away from plan D, but maybe you can get him there."
In essence, my guess is that STBxWW gave Harley a strong sense that she was ready to rehabilitate her M, but she needed someone to get LG on board. I think she manipulated both of them, telling LG that she just needed help "becoming a better person."
I mean, come on! Even a high school psychology student can see this as a case of a very messed up woman with narcissistic personality disorder as well as a pathological liar.
Sadly, she was clever enough to get LG and Harley tangled in her web. She's smart, manipulative, and without remorse. Those people make the best serial killers, too, BTW, not saying she is one, just that she possesses the same characteristics of one.
LG, my guess is that STBxWW was giving Harley signals during HER sessions that things were improving, and that you were fence sitting, when in fact you were not. She gave Harley hope, during her sessions, that 1. she was changing, and 2. you were coming around. THAT'S probably why he pushed you so hard.
What a non-sociopath would have done, in your wife's situation, is say, "look, I've completely destroyed this marriage and I understand why I need to go. I am sorry for being such a flawed person and for pathologically lying to you for nearly two decades of your life, essentially your entire young adulthood."
I'm sorry that this happened, LG, because now you might be less likely to think that the MB principles can, in fact, strengthen marriages. Yours was just too far gone. It was long dead, but your STBxWW lied to Harley and pretended there was more hope than actually existed.
Your job now, should you choose to accept it, is to figure out how not to be bitter. I would struggle with that one.


Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
Status: Chronicled in Dr. Suess's "The Zax"
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,775
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,775
I completely agree with the above. This woman has NPD, complete with her fake boobs, license to practice medicine, serial cheating for decades. She would make an excellent serial killer.

Last edited by Zelmo; 01/13/10 05:34 PM.
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,464
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,464
Originally Posted by Tabby1
I mean no offense at all, Mrs. W., it has just become something very important to me among people I feel close to. I dropped a friend who was a known adulterer.

and yet you Tabby, are a current adulteror - being still married yet shacked up with some other man no?

Fornication is just as offensive to God as adultery too. Amazing how we like to compartmentalise and pick out the speck in our brother's eye while ignoring the log in our own.


Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 35,996
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 35,996
Whaaaaa ???

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 2,621
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 2,621
Originally Posted by imanotherone
I didn't see this said anywhere in the 17 pages of comments, but I think both LG and Harley are correct. The liar, again, is the STBxWW...

I mean, come on! Even a high school psychology student can see this as a case of a very messed up woman with narcissistic personality disorder as well as a pathological liar...

Wait! I did! I did! Just not as eloquently as you:

" Sheesh. No, she won�t be better. Maybe craftier better. She is who she is. She is who she has been since the beginning of the M. Don�t you read? So, now the demise of the M is LG�s fault too, huh? WS everywhere will love this one. But then this is coming from a WS, isn�t it. "

Do I win anything?



"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,775
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,775
Yeah, Aph. You win an all expenses paid divorce from your sociopathic wife. So, get moving on it. eh?

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Zelmo
Yeah, Aph. You win an all expenses paid divorce from your sociopathic wife. So, get moving on it. eh?

rotflmao


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,464
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,464
Originally Posted by Aphelion
Do I win anything?

Listen, common sense would have told me to get the hell out of a marriage with a TEN YEAR affair and no sex...

You can't blame MB for your inability to ACT


Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,775
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,775
Originally Posted by bigkahuna
Originally Posted by Tabby1
I mean no offense at all, Mrs. W., it has just become something very important to me among people I feel close to. I dropped a friend who was a known adulterer.

and yet you Tabby, are a current adulteror - being still married yet shacked up with some other man no?

Fornication is just as offensive to God as adultery too. Amazing how we like to compartmentalise and pick out the speck in our brother's eye while ignoring the log in our own.

I'm not sure we can quantify the offensive to God deal. It seems to fluctuate. He was ranking fornication a little lower, for a while, last I talked to him.

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,464
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,464
Originally Posted by Zelmo
I'm not sure we can quantify the offensive to God deal. It seems to fluctuate. He was ranking fornication a little lower, for a while, last I talked to him.

That's the problem with moral relativists. But never mind - I just looked it up and when God last spoke it was this:

Originally Posted by God
1CO 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.


Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,775
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,775
Oh, the God you believe in. I was thinking of maybe one of the other ones.

Last edited by Zelmo; 01/13/10 07:02 PM.
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 981
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 981
Originally Posted by Zelmo
Originally Posted by bigkahuna
Originally Posted by Tabby1
I mean no offense at all, Mrs. W., it has just become something very important to me among people I feel close to. I dropped a friend who was a known adulterer.

and yet you Tabby, are a current adulteror - being still married yet shacked up with some other man no?

Fornication is just as offensive to God as adultery too. Amazing how we like to compartmentalise and pick out the speck in our brother's eye while ignoring the log in our own.

I'm not sure we can quantify the offensive to God deal. It seems to fluctuate. He was ranking fornication a little lower, for a while, last I talked to him.

I view Adultery as worse than fornication.

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 173
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 173
Originally Posted by imanotherone
Your job now, should you choose to accept it, is to figure out how not to be bitter. I would struggle with that one.

Thank you imanotherone! Very much appreciate your words! Fortunately I have GREAT family, friends and neighbors, and a wonderful IC who is helping me work through this. Baby steps...one day at a time...

"And I know what I have to do now. I gotta keep breathing. Because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?" - Chuck Noland (Cast Away)


3-DDays, 4-OMs*, Plan-D May 9, 2009, final Dec 2010 (FREEDOM!)
Custody of DDs / new job(s) / "I'm alive...and well"
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,775
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,775
Good morning Mr Phelps....

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,305
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,305
Originally Posted by imanotherone
I didn't see this said anywhere in the 17 pages of comments, but I think both LG and Harley are correct. The liar, again, is the STBxWW.
See, the Harleys clearly aren't divorce coaches. 'Nuff said.
Also, LG said clearly that he was going to plan D.
My guess is that WW said something like this to the Harleys: "LG ~~says~~ he wants a divorce and I don't blame him. But I've changed my ways (bat eyelashes, even though that can't be heard over the phone) and I think he needs to give us one more chance. I think his pride isn't letting him back away from plan D, but maybe you can get him there."
In essence, my guess is that STBxWW gave Harley a strong sense that she was ready to rehabilitate her M, but she needed someone to get LG on board. I think she manipulated both of them, telling LG that she just needed help "becoming a better person."
I mean, come on! Even a high school psychology student can see this as a case of a very messed up woman with narcissistic personality disorder as well as a pathological liar.
Sadly, she was clever enough to get LG and Harley tangled in her web. She's smart, manipulative, and without remorse. Those people make the best serial killers, too, BTW, not saying she is one, just that she possesses the same characteristics of one.
LG, my guess is that STBxWW was giving Harley signals during HER sessions that things were improving, and that you were fence sitting, when in fact you were not. She gave Harley hope, during her sessions, that 1. she was changing, and 2. you were coming around. THAT'S probably why he pushed you so hard.
What a non-sociopath would have done, in your wife's situation, is say, "look, I've completely destroyed this marriage and I understand why I need to go. I am sorry for being such a flawed person and for pathologically lying to you for nearly two decades of your life, essentially your entire young adulthood."
I'm sorry that this happened, LG, because now you might be less likely to think that the MB principles can, in fact, strengthen marriages. Yours was just too far gone. It was long dead, but your STBxWW lied to Harley and pretended there was more hope than actually existed.
Your job now, should you choose to accept it, is to figure out how not to be bitter. I would struggle with that one.

Excellent post ima!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LG the bolded part is worth repeating several times....................

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,617
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,617
Originally Posted by Dude007
Originally Posted by Zelmo
Originally Posted by bigkahuna
Originally Posted by Tabby1
I mean no offense at all, Mrs. W., it has just become something very important to me among people I feel close to. I dropped a friend who was a known adulterer.

and yet you Tabby, are a current adulteror - being still married yet shacked up with some other man no?

Fornication is just as offensive to God as adultery too. Amazing how we like to compartmentalise and pick out the speck in our brother's eye while ignoring the log in our own.

I'm not sure we can quantify the offensive to God deal. It seems to fluctuate. He was ranking fornication a little lower, for a while, last I talked to him.

I view Adultery as worse than fornication.

Adultery you are actually hurting someone that you promised to love and cherish....fornication, not so much....adultery was bad enough to be in the Ten Commandments, twice.


BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,549
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,549
Originally Posted by LawfulGood
Originally Posted by imanotherone
Your job now, should you choose to accept it, is to figure out how not to be bitter. I would struggle with that one.

Thank you imanotherone! Very much appreciate your words! Fortunately I have GREAT family, friends and neighbors, and a wonderful IC who is helping me work through this. Baby steps...one day at a time...

"And I know what I have to do now. I gotta keep breathing. Because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?" - Chuck Noland (Cast Away)
You're doing better than I would be, LG. You have behaved honorably in the face of incredible dishonor. You have owned your choices, and from where I sit, your decision for plan D makes perfect sense. Don't let yourself get caught up in any "what if" scenarios.
Since your STBxWW is still as smart and pathological as ever, and you're connected for life due to the kids, you must protect yourself from any attempts to rewrite the truth or manipulate the facts. Given that her deciet even reached her own parents, you've got a tough one there. Sounds like you're up for the work though. Well done so far.


Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
Status: Chronicled in Dr. Suess's "The Zax"
Page 9 of 13 1 2 … 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0