Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
OP Offline
O
Mud...the double unders...did you say you modified? I only did single but into the second set, my achilles was on fire, though I've been stretching it out/applying heat, doing all the exercises and it was feeling lots better...'til yesterday.

I had to bag the rope and instead set up a step bench and did up/downs. Not quite the same but it didn't kill my achilles.

The back extensions were tough. Every time I do a xfit workout, I find a part of my body that I've not worked out very well!

ETA: I'm headed to the gym now (loaded up with Ibuprofen for the achilles) and am going to do an easy elliptical and then free weights...my old routine but toned down. I hope I can get back on track by Monday's session w/ my trainer.

Last edited by OurHouse; 01/23/10 10:15 AM.
T
T
Jump ropes will definitely "load" the achilles just naturally. Might want to avoid ropes. Modifying with step ups is fine... that's modifying!!

I took all of last week off. I was getting tired and run down. Finally all my family and in laws are gone, so I ran 9 on sat. and did two WOD in one this morning: the clean/j and ghd and rope/back ext. Kind of slow but did the three rounds of all in under 12 minutes.

O
OP Offline
O
I was getting run down this summer and fall when I started to work out way early in the AM (like 5-5:30) so I could be ready to roll to get the kids off to school and me off to work. That was fine until the day got shorter, and the evenings where I couldn't get to bed early enough happened more often. So I changed my schedule.

I met my trainer and did small group class with her today. She did something called Trifecta..I swear she took some of this stuff from the xfit site! We did quite a bit of work with lunges/weights...one heel up against the wall and the other leg lunged forward. After enough of that, we went to hands on mat, one leg extended up on the wall, then the other leg up to meet it, hand stand there, push up if possible (I thought I'd be able to do that because my arms/shoulders are strong from swimming butterfly, but I couldn't do the push up!).

She had a couple other doozies for us this AM too.

I'm impressed with your times in WOD. I am nowhere NEAR that!

T
T
Just tired lately. A little to do with my sitch. I was actually fatigued about 8 miles into my run. WTF? I usually only get tired during long runs, like 30. I don't feel sick, just mentally exhuasted. Things are going well with M and after that letter I feel to tired for SF, so it hasn't been that exciting. I think it's like this huge burden has been lifted and I'm kind of finally taking deep breathes.

T
T
Next wod for me:

For time:
225 pound Deadlift, 15 reps
50 Pull-ups
225 pound Deadift, 12 reps
40 Pull-ups
225 pound Deadlift, 9 reps
30 Pull-ups
225 pound Deadlift, 6 reps
20 Pull-ups
225 pound Deadlift, 3 reps
10 Pull-ups

I will begin to cheat on the pullups at about 20, then 12, 4, etc. and have to do jumping pull ups, but hey I'll get through it!!!

I am starting to like deadlifts. My weaknesses are pull ups, deadlifts, burpees, doubleunders and back squat. I use to hate deadlifts!

O
OP Offline
O
I'm pretty decent at deadlifts, but I don't lift NEAR that amount of weight.

My day got away from me and I didn't get a workout in today and now I'm feeling really antsy.

I like that WOD...I might try that tomorrow.

I'm working on decreasing the weight assist on the pullups. I'm down to 20lbs.

T
T
That's great. You'll be doing jumping pullups really soon. I ran with intervals and did the wod warmup. I'm still burning from 7am and it's after 5 here!

O
OP Offline
O
I decided to do a mostly moving-stair workout today. I find I exert a lot more energy on those things than I do on the elliptical or even the regular stairmaster. So no xfit today. Free weights after moving stairs. Good workout though. When I first started on those things, even though I thought I was in good shape, I was wilting after 20 min at level 7. Now I can easily make 30 at level 10 and even do two stairs at a time (for limited time).

T
T
I was dizzy after that wod. The deadlifts got me, I was wiped and my R bicep was killing me. Overall, I think that is now one of my favorites! The 15 deads and the 12 deads killed me, but once I was down to 30 pullups I could see the light.

That was awesome! Will run tomorrow, after all it is Thursday!

T
T
Did wod warmup then did the crossfitendurance wodx2. Yeah, I'm getting my energy back. I was breathless and gasping, but what a stress reliever!!!

O
OP Offline
O
Wow.

I'm so freakin' tired today, I'm not sure what I'll do. I usually take a pilates class on Thursdays but I had a doc appt and had to miss it.

Any ideas? I could use some suggestions.

T
T
Those are the days I'll just do the warm up and call it good. It's still as much as I use to do on a "gym" day before xfit.

O
OP Offline
O
I actually did modify today. Maybe I've got SoU hangover...dunno. I feel like crap today.

I did a 10 min elliptical warmup and a modified xfit workout..came down on the reps of each round.

T
T
Cool, what the he-- is SoU hangover. Is that a team? I'm assuming it is. I don't watch much basketball or hockey. I'm football/baseball and that's it.

O
OP Offline
O
ROTFL.

State of the Union.

It was painful.

I still have a headache. LOL

T
T
I didn't watch it. I figure that if his lips are moving, he's lying.

O
OP Offline
O
That's about it. I've never really been involved in politics before because all politics disgust me. But I really got off the mark and dove in on our special senate seat election. It was that important. And the guy SHOULD have been there last night. But I'll get off my soapbox now.

And unless I can get motivated to workout before I go into my office tomorrow, I might have to skip it. I just looked at my calendar and I'm scheduled to give blood tomorrow.

Oh well. At least I get fruit juice and cookies!

T
T
I've given too much blood on trees, rocks, sidewalks, road, dirt roads, occasional stream or river, cliff sides, boats, ski slopes... I'm good!

O
OP Offline
O
Ah but this way, you give a pint all at once. And get cookies to boot.

T
T
9 miles today, plus I feel like it wasn't enough and will do a wod!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 731 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation