Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
P
I have been convinced for a while that God only blesses the rich and the unjust.

Why did I survive my ordeal?

Because I have loads more his "mercy" to endure.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
S
OP Offline
S
Out of respect for me and for my friend, I would very much appreciate my thread not turning into a God-bashing session.

I will only say this, and would then ask you to take this topic elsewhere (like the Off Topic forum) if you feel you must have it.

ima, God didn't "have this in mind". There are evil forces at work in the spiritual realm, and there are far-reaching consequences to sin.

I have seen many times where God has taken a horrible situation and turned something good from it. You have misunderstood the Scripture verse that you are trying to hint at.

Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

The verse says that in all things God works for the good. It does not say that all things are good. This verse is for Believers...those that love God and are called to His purpose.

If you read the rest of the chapter, you will see that it was written to remind the believers that even in famine and persecution, God is working to bring about good.

Happily married to HerPapaBear

I
I
My sincerest apologies, SMB. Did not mean to "bash" in any way. I think if I were atheist or apathetic, it would not bother me so much.
And you are correct--I often misunderstand Scripture, so it helps when folks help me there.
I did not mean to add to your burden, and please know that I am sending my strongest prayers (in my own way) to you and those poor children.

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
S
S
I am sorry too smb, I didnt mean to change the meaning of this thread...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
S
OP Offline
S
ima & still,

Thank you for being sensitive to my request. I am not upset by your posts. I just know how quickly threads can deteriorate, and I don't have the energy to participate in a religious debate right now. I just wanted to stifle it before it began.

I started this thread for 2 reasons:

1. for prayer for my friend's family and support for me from those who truly understand

and

2. maybe some half-hearted FWS out there might read this and grasp the level of destruction they have ripped into their families and start helping their BS heal.

Last edited by sexymamabear; 01/26/10 05:12 PM.

Happily married to HerPapaBear

J
J
(((SMB))

I am so grieved over your friend's death. Sometimes it's just too hard to see past the darkness and in that time it's hard to consider all the ramifications.

I am praying for her children and for you. It's hard to lose a friend tragically. BTDT.

hug

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 600 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation