Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 56 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 55 56
K
K
Yeah. I have to physically stop my cat from jumping in the toilet after I flush it....

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
Z
Z
From an evolutionary standpoint, that cat may be weakening the gene pool. Neutered, I hope.

C
C
I don't like cats. I tried one once, but it kept biting me on the arm so I got rid of it.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
S
S
Originally Posted by ChaiLover
I don't like cats. I tried one once, but it kept biting me on the arm so I got rid of it.

Yeah, I tried a cat once too......tasted like chicken.. whistle

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
T
T
Need an update.

Z
Z
Originally Posted by stillhere8126

Say hi to the folks in Bejing.

S
S
Originally Posted by Zelmo

Say hi to the folks in Bejing.

rotflmao I am sorry, I couldnt resist....I think when LLL gets back, her thread might put a smile on her face, it has on mine... grin

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

W
W
I'm allergic to cats.

I have a bird though. It's a cockatiel.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
L
OP Offline
L
I'm back. I drove back with my sister this morning and got to the office after lunch so have been swamped with work and am still behind. The weekend was a great break from the pressure cooker I've been living in. I felt almost human again and was able to eat somewhat. I feel physically better than I've felt in two weeks.

I spoke with my attorney this afternoon and the PI has more than enough to prove H's affair. I talked to attorney about any liability I might place myself in if I revealed to H's administration about the A and possible misuse of funds for taking Hot Pants to conferences for other than business purposes. He gave me some suggestions and I have now made an appointment with an administrator higher than my H's Dean (who's himself married to former student). I will have documentation of H's activities to present.

I called several family friends and talked with them Sunday afternoon about what's been going on. They were shocked totally as they knew nothing because I only recently found out about H, and with the death of my mother and all that followed friends thought they hadn't seen or heard from us much because we were recovering from all of the uproar of the last few months.

I have to tell you as I read this thread ... I am becoming somewhat uncomfortable with writing here because of persons wanting to email me personally or somehow contact me personally. I am not sure I'm comfortable staying here any longer.

K
K
No, she is not neutered.

And I think it's my fault. I gave her a catnip scratching post and COATED it in catnip spray when she didn't show much interest in it.

I had to endure relatives telling me "you made her stupid! Don't you know that's like pot to cats!?"

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

S
S
It does not say receptionist on my forehead so don't kill the messanger.

I past the message along as requested by a respected friend.

If they decide they want contact off board it is up to them.

I prefer not to be the monkey in the middle. Just assisting until the internet issue is cleared up.

K
K
Your exposure will go very well, I am sure.

Z
Z
LLL, sounds like you are handling this well. Exposing to the higher ups is the right thing to do. It should be illuminating to see your WH's reaction to exposure.

W
W
Welcome back, LLL. Glad you had a good weekend.

I've never felt unsafe of uncomfortable posting on this forum. I truly appreciate the anonymity. If you're not comfortable communicating with someone outside the forum, then simply say so, which you've already done.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
S
S
Your doing great, LLL....Get ready for the bomb thats about to go off...just brace yourself...he gonna be maaaad...but that is okay. Its perfectly normal for a wayward that has been exposed, I just dont want you to be caught off guard.

Kill the messenger, kill the messenger!!!!....oh wow, uh, lost my..err..train of thought there for a sec.... Tee Hee, just joshin' ya SIHW......stickout

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

L
OP Offline
L
I haven't seen or heard from H since we met for lunch last week. He's dropped off the face of the earth in terms of contact with me. If he's coming home to get clothes he's hiding it well. House looks untouched from when I left.

I'm sure he'll either get really angry and tell me off or just act aloof and like he's untouchable by the university. I have my doubts about the university. My H is a very successful writer of grants for federal and state research funds and the university gets a big cut of those funds in overhead costs built in to the funding. If he goes down, they stand to lose a lot of money that supports staff, programs, office equipment, etc. in addition to monies to support graduate students' fellowships. I know you all think exposing will have huge consequences, but I do not. We'll see....

S
S
It might not...but you did the right thing.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

T
T
Your WH is not the only man that can write grants. Not wishing it, but if your WH dropped dead tommorrow from a heart attack they would have no problem replacing him.

S
S
Kill the messenger, kill the messenger!!!!....oh wow, uh, lost my..err..train of thought there for a sec.... Tee Hee, just joshin' ya SIHW......stickout

Look here brat......keep it up and I got somethin for ya :p

D
D
Originally Posted by ladylonglegs
I haven't seen or heard from H since we met for lunch last week. He's dropped off the face of the earth in terms of contact with me.

Sounds like he's Plan B-ing you. Good time to create your own Plan B so you know exactly what you intend to do when he does all the usual wayward spouse stuff...

Have you read "Surviving An Affair" yet? Whether or not your marriage recovers, it's worth the purchase!

Doormat_No_More
(Formerly Barnboy)
Original thread lost in the forum purge of '09.
4 months after D-Day
1 year after D-Day
Two Years Later
Four Years Later
Page 26 of 56 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 55 56

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation