Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
T
Many a divorced couple have remarried. If you want it. Proceed slow. XWW has to show she is willing to do what it takes to you. So do you to her.

M
M
Originally Posted by Husband4life
I agree, and I am just going to go on about my life. I will keep her as a texting buddy for now, but she would really have to show me a lot to work on things. I can say that I see everyones point now though and I will not go out of my way for her at all.

Texting buddy? How can you have a texting buddy with someone you have such a significant history with?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

A
A
No, no, no.

She needs to be X'd out of your life. Don't give her "free rent" in your mind. Get her out. She's gone from your life. She doesn't want you or respect you.

Guess what, though? YOU are worthy of love and respect. And there are TONS of girls out there in the world who would give you both joyfully.

You can't even imagine what a wonderful world is out there waiting for you. SEIZE IT!

This is like a starving dog who is trying to scratch his way into a garbage can for some rotten meat gristle, so consumed with his "mission" that he doesn't even see the fresh steaks filling the street behind him.

Best regards,

ConfuzedHusband

Formerly ConfuzedHusband
BH
WW (Now XW)
Married 4 years, No children.
EA/PA from 2/2008 to 5/2008.
DDay: 5/17/2008 - Separated 6/1/2008 - Filed 8/3/2008
Divorce final 3/2009.

Now in a committed relationship with a woman of character who loves me so much better and deeper than I ever dreamed possible. I had no idea what I was missing out on and am so grateful God gave me a free "second chance" at love and life.
N
OP Offline
N
Point taken everyone, just sent her a text to say that I am going to focus on healing.

U
U
Originally Posted by Husband4life
Point taken everyone, just sent her a text to say that I am going to focus on healing.

Good man! It will probably be painful at first and you may think about her alot. Just keep focused and tried to keep your mind busy. Soon enough, you will find it doesn't even occur to you to text or call her.

If she presses you on this, just tell her that she inflicted this pain on you, so it doesn't make sense to keep the source of that pain close while you try and heal.

ex-WW had 2 PAs in first 2 years. Buh-bye.
Divorce finalized: 1/28/09
Now just living and loving again.
N
OP Offline
N
She will not try to push the issue and I already know that. I just wish things were much different. I do understand why I need to not text her.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (anchorwatch, bb1471, 1 invisible), 654 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation