Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
T
Okay, at the grocery store this evening, I picked up a cheesecake sampler. Let's see: New York style, Strawberry, Caramel Apple, and Triple Chocolate.

Guess which one I will delve into first?

I have THIS thread and you fine people to thank for this little episode of gluttony!

By the way, Fred-O, the slice of chocolate and rasberry looked pretty darned tempting, too.......

Bon Appetit!

TB

W
W
Raspberry-Chocolate Coffee Cake

2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup milk
2 ts. baking powder
1 ts. vanilla
1/2 ts. salt
1 egg
1 6 oz. package chocolate chips
1 cup fresh raspberries

----Streusel Topping------

1/4 cup firm butter
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare streusel by cutting butter into flour and sugar until crumbly. Grease square 9 by 9 in. pan. Beat all ingredients except for chocolate chips, raspberries, and streusel in medium bowl on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl. Spread half of batter in pan. Sprinkle with half each of the chocolate chips, raspberries, and streusel. Repeat layers. Bake 50 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
F
F
Oh, yum! Thank you, writer1.

Is the milk whole milk? Can one use skim milk?

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
T
T
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA

Fred-O, SKIM milk? We're talkin' about some rather decadent delicacies. Splurge and go with the whole milk stuff.

You're a runner. You're still gonna burn it off in about 8 seconds, right??

TB

W
W
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA

I just use what we drink - 1%. It isn't going to be a low-calorie dessert either way, but it sure is yummy.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
L
L
Well, I'm too late for the survey, but peeled and sliced Granny Smith apples sauteed in butter, then tossed with a little sugar (I use Equal) to taste and cinnamon (if you like cinnamon; I don't), and spooned over vanilla ice cream...Yummy! If you don't have any ice cream, a little bit of milk or cream mixed in works pretty well, too.

Then, there's Chocolate Eclair Dessert that my DD demands I make every Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Pineapple Gooey Cake

Homemade Banana pudding, with meringue on top, and using plain ol' vanilla pudding (none of that fake banana flavoring crap).

My mama's Homemade Chocolate Pudding, which she'll never make again unless I go get her out of assisted living and bring her home with me to make it!

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 565 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation