Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
S
This is ALL VERY INTERESTING. Wow, Thanx DH for leading it in this direction. Now I see where Pep was going. laugh

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by faithful follower
his history has been taking the "path of least resistance"

I think that it should be pointed out that, many times, it is ONLY when dealing with a WOMAN in a relationship, do men follow the "path of least resistance".
They are often major go-getters and problem solvers in OTHER areas of their life.

G
G
Both sets of Qs from BHs directed toward WW appear to be applicable to both WH and WW...

i think one good Q for a WW would be...did you cheat beacause you were unhappy with your H and your marriage...or yourself?

I think alot of women are ultimately unhappy with themselves. Now this may be that they are not getting their ENs met by a spouse but they dont attach it to the spouse. Even Drunk talking to OM i was talking about how I love my H but I didnt feel good enough for him...i wasnt thin enough or young enough)...i was the problem in my mind...not H. My H still does not believe me...he thinks I cheated because of something he lacked that I was seeking to obtain...when in truth it was something inside of me that was damaged. I thought I loved my H before I cheated, and while I cheated and after...I didnt think it had anything to do with H...I wasnt good enough for him and I just wanted someone to show me I was wanted. i of course was wrong...but thats what I was thinking.

S
S
Deleted

Last edited by SugarCane; 04/13/10 02:55 PM.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Originally Posted by SisterReed
Both sets of Qs from BHs directed toward WW appear to be applicable to both WH and WW...

Pep, perhaps there are two more specific WH questions that you should ask. These are based on what DR Harley says about wayward MEN; he does not say it about wayward women.

Did you love her?

Do you still love her?

You quoted someone else, and then asked me a question.
Now I am confused. dontknow To whom are you addressing your post?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And, FYI, I asked my original 4 questions directed to FWH because I already knew what the most likely answers would be cool
I did this so the BWs could read and say "Oh! Really? ".
Because they will NOT believe it when their husbands tell them "I wanted it to end but did not know how to end it." ... I certainly did not believe my H when he said this.
But, it's true.
Most (MOST not all) WH's want O U T .... but are stuck where they are, getting their needs met in unethical ways.

Last edited by Pepperband; 04/13/10 02:50 PM.
S
S
Gotcha.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
F
F
Mine too continued to speak to OW for months after the PA ended, lying meanwhile about this to me. That phase only ended when I exposed to her H.
Sugar, be thankful she was not a single OW. They are harder to get rid of than gum stuck to the bottom of your shoe!

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
P
OP Offline
P
They are harder to get rid of than gum stuck to the bottom of your shoe!

... and, just as attractive

C
C
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Would you say you've asked gender specific questions?

Sorry pep I responded to the above poster who responed to another about FWW. My mistake.

And, FYI, I asked my original 4 questions directed to FWH because I already knew what the most likely answers would be cool
I did this so the BWs could read and say "Oh! Really? ".
Because they will NOT believe it when their husbands tell them "I wanted it to end but did not know how to end it." ... I certainly did not believe my H when he said this.
But, it's true.
Most (MOST not all) WH's want O U T .... but are stuck where they are, getting their needs met in unethical ways.

This is a great idea BTW.. Hats off.

Last edited by SortedSomeOut; 04/13/10 05:13 PM.

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
D
D
the phrase "Path of least resistance" fits perfectly for me. I never back down from challenges of work or task, even when I know there is a chance I may fail.

In the case of my A, maybe because of the circumstances, I knew that it had a already determined end, it was just easier to go with it.

That isn't an excuse for why the emails continued after I returned home. I think that at that point I turned it into a long distance friendship.

WH's (ecspecially me) are weak.

Her side is also here.

Display name is broken5sec
F
F
WH's (ecspecially me) are weak.
I would respectfully like to ask you if this is something you are working on? The "path of least resistance" part of my H's personality is very concerning for me. I truly believe he has no intention of EVER having another A. He has no real protective boundaries though and his tendency to take the easy way out of situations (even though he KNOWS it is not easy just makes things harder) means to me that he will eventually find himself in a potentially harmful position at some point again. So I wonder if someone like you that recognizes this in himself can/will work on changing it?

Faith

DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
D
D
Someone wants my advise...reallY? I'm flattered faithful.

I think someone can recognize it. Let me give you an example that my or may not make sense to you but what I see in myself and are similiar in my head. As I think more about what I am going to write it probably won't. I'm not known for making sense. Anyway...

Example #1--I don't like to spend a lot of money on things that I think I can get a better deal on by doing it myself. Like fixing something...I have spent an entire day running back to the hardware store, messing around in the garage and standing back trying to picture something to save a few dollars because I think it would be easier then just spending the money for a new whatever (for example, the amount of time and money I have spent on trying to fix my grill instead of just buying a new one).

Example #2--I like to fish so I have several fishing rods. I have a lot of cheap rods and reels and if I break one or think I need another new one I will buy more cheap ones that I know won't last just so I don't feel guilty about spending more money on something that will last, is better quality and I wouldn't need as many of if I just bought better.

These examples are probably more material then the actual question but...

I know I do these things. I know they never work out. I usually don't like the result but for me they are easier.

As for changing it I think the 1st key is awareness. The 2nd is the realization that if you don't change it things will not get better and probably worse. And the 3rd, and hardest for me, is to make the actual change.

I hope this makes sense and I don't sound like an idiot.

Her side is also here.

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by deerhunter71
I know I do these things. I know they never work out. I usually don't like the result but for me they are easier.

As for changing it I think the 1st key is awareness. The 2nd is the realization that if you don't change it things will not get better and probably worse. And the 3rd, and hardest for me, is to make the actual change.

Keep posting .... with every post, you are becoming more self-aware.

Again, good job!

And, we're a bunch of idiots, so never fear looking like an idiot.
We will call you out on any really importantly idiotic thing you write.
hug

You have a small army of people (idiots) pray praying for your marriage.
The power of prayer PLUS well timed 2X4's ... could you ask for anything more? smile

D
D
Thanks Pepper.

Her side is also here.

F
F
Originally Posted by deerhunter71
Someone wants my advise...reallY? I'm flattered faithful.

I think someone can recognize it. Let me give you an example that my or may not make sense to you but what I see in myself and are similiar in my head. As I think more about what I am going to write it probably won't. I'm not known for making sense. Anyway...

Example #1--I don't like to spend a lot of money on things that I think I can get a better deal on by doing it myself. Like fixing something...I have spent an entire day running back to the hardware store, messing around in the garage and standing back trying to picture something to save a few dollars because I think it would be easier then just spending the money for a new whatever (for example, the amount of time and money I have spent on trying to fix my grill instead of just buying a new one).
Example #2--I like to fish so I have several fishing rods. I have a lot of cheap rods and reels and if I break one or think I need another new one I will buy more cheap ones that I know won't last just so I don't feel guilty about spending more money on something that will last, is better quality and I wouldn't need as many of if I just bought better.

These examples are probably more material then the actual question but...

As for changing it I think the 1st key is awareness. The 2nd is the realization that if you don't change it things will not get better and probably worse. And the 3rd, and hardest for me, is to make the actual change

I put in bold the parts the really click for me. Thank you! It makes perfect sense and no, you don't sound like an idiot. It is very hard to understand and get into my H's head. Most answers I get from him is "I don't know", so kudos for all this self examination you are doing!

My H openly admits to being "cheap". He will eat spoiled food rather than throw it away. Thankfully that trait kept him from spending money on his A, though of course we have CS for 18 years to pay. Oh well. He DOES see the correlation between the OC being conceived after our first DDay and his unwillingness to be the one doing the breaking up. He sees it because it costs him money every month for a child he didn't want. It also costs him his freedom because he is being a father to said child every weekend. Still, it doesn't seem to change his desire to take the easy way out. Very puzzling for me.

Faith

DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
F
F

I think that it should be pointed out that, many times, it is ONLY when dealing with a WOMAN in a relationship, do men follow the "path of least resistance".
They are often major go-getters and problem solvers in OTHER areas of their life.

This is very true, Pep. My H is the hardest working man when he is at work. He will give all of himself and not take the easy way out when it comes to his customers. Unlike his co-worker who will "flashlight" inspections and write very brief reports, my H takes at least an hour to crawl a job and two hours to write a comprehensive report that includes details that are not part of his inspection but he observed. Subsequently, he sells far more jobs than anyone else in their company.

Faith

DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
P
OP Offline
P
My H is the hardest working man when he is at work. He will give all of himself and not take the easy way out when it comes to his customers.

I totally got that impression when I met him the other day.
He has energy and initiative, when it comes to work.
I think (this is just a guess) the reason he does is ~~~> he has the knowledge and the confidence in THAT particular area ... He has next to zero knowledge and confidence when it comes to inter personal relationships with women.
With women, he goes along with what we say ... even when he thinks it is going the wrong way.

(am I right?)

F
F

My WH is very successful at work, and he readily admits he would much rather focus on work than the mess he has made of his personal life. He acts almost paralyzed in this whole ordeal, unable to commit one way or the other.

Me = BW
Dday = 12/1/09
N
N
Pep,

Don't you think these answers are dependent on how long the affair was?

Also, that MOST of these answers reflect on the condition of the WH's mind was at the end of the affair??

I have thought about this a lot and will be back on my train of thoughts this afternoon.....

Oh, and as far as we ALL being idiots.....speak for yourself, sasssypants!!!!!......

F
F
With women, he goes along with what we say ... even when he thinks it is going the wrong way.
For the most part yes. The only person he easily says no to is me. When it comes to his mother, our daughter and still to some degree xOW he just draws a blank so does nothing.

Faith

DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 508 guests, and 133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation