Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 36 of 39 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 39
B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Nesre ? Where are you ?

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Our ralationships with the opposite sex are unfathomable and unpredictable .
Robert Winston .

B
B
Wrong poster

Last edited by Bubbles4U; 05/01/10 02:17 PM.
B
B
Wrong poster

Last edited by Bubbles4U; 05/01/10 02:18 PM.
S
S
Edit

Last edited by Breezemb; 05/01/10 02:37 PM. Reason: removing quote

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
S
S
Originally Posted by Bubbles4U
Edit

[Linked Image from cool-smileys.com]

I think you are confused, Bubbles. Unless I missed something.

Last edited by Breezemb; 05/01/10 02:39 PM. Reason: removing quote

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

B
B
Thanks, I did post in the wrong thread!!! OOOPS! Corrected it now.

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I don't quite know how to respond, but gay , no !
Staggered !!

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
But after everything else I've been called........

S
S
Yeah, Bubbles posted to your thread by mistake, bingo....I was confused as to why she said that to you too, but it was intended for another poster, I guess....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

A
A
Yes it was intended for Navyguy (I am the bad one thread)

atena
B
B
Please use the NOTIFY tab on the right lower corner of any post that is of concern and/or disrespectful and the moderators will then be alerted to the problem.

breezemb@gmail.com
B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I was gonna say....... Questioning my sexuality was not something I had considered part of my problem .

S
S
Originally Posted by Breezemb
Please use the NOTIFY tab on the right lower corner of any post that is of concern and/or disrespectful and the moderators will then be alerted to the problem.

Thanks, Breezemb, I always wondered what that button was for...I think I pressed it accidentally once, I have a mouse that likes to sporadically click on things.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
So sorry to come back with more questions .
I want to hurt the man that bought so much pain to us (apart from myself that is ) . What does one do to vent anger in this way without actually physically hurting another .
Is it true that what goes around comes around ?

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Am I confused in that the bible contradicts itself with " an eye for an eye " and " turn the other cheek " ? I am not religeous , but feel moral .

K
K
eye for an eye is a lower law - a warning that if you take something from someone else, you stand to lose that same part from yourself.

turn the other cheek is a high law, for the more spiritually mature.

B
bingo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
That's the confusion . Someone did take something that was not theirs to take . Does one meet a lower law sin with revenge or does one let the lord sort out the issue ?

F
F
Originally Posted by bingo
Am I confused in that the bible contradicts itself with " an eye for an eye " and " turn the other cheek " ? I am not religeous , but feel moral .
This is where I am very cautious, bingo. I have only now begun to study the Bible. One of the first things I've learned is that the Bible does NOT contradict itself. The problem arises from humans taking things out of context.

If I ever get to the point where I use the Bible to support a particular position, I hope I am able to use it in complete context (I have seen others here do so, so I know it can be done).

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
J
J

I may be able to shed some light on this one...at least I can give it a try. smile

It actually was Jesus who brought up this "contradiction" in Matt. 5:38-39. He said "You have heard that is was said 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth'. But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also."

It's important to remember that Jesus was speaking to Jewish followers when He said this. He was referring to their Old Testament laws in Exodus 21:24 and Leviticus 24:20, which they would know well. These were laws that referred to serious offenses between the people of Israel, who believed the same thing and were following the 10 Commandments. So, when Jesus addresses this issue in Matt to Jewish followers, He is pointing out a completely different way to react when they are sinned against; a way that was very different because it was based on giving the wrong-doer grace. For followers of Christ, it is no longer "an eye for an eye". Rather, it is now "turn the other cheek".

Jesus was using this as an example to show that faith isn't about "following the rules" only, but rather about how one acts from their heart. Since followers of Christ have been given so much grace through Him, we are to show that through our actions and reactions. even when we have been wronged.

It's normal to want to hurt someone who has hurt you. That's why the OT laws were very specific about the circumstances when "an eye for an eye" could be used ("serious injury"). That's also the reason why Jesus used those laws as a way to point out the difference in attitude and action that He was bringing to the world.

Paul talked about what to do with our anger in Eph. 4:26. He said this to the believers in Ephesus-"In your anger, do not sin..." It's okay to be angry-it's what you do with your anger that is the issue.

I hope this helps-

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

Page 36 of 39 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 697 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation