Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
This caller's wife has been in a 2 year affair and the man never exposed. He has kept it a secret the whole time.

it starts about halfway through here - callers name is Ron: here

Part 11: here This caller did not expose and Dr Harley called him an "enabler."

"It's very difficult to overcome an affair when you become an enabler."

Dr Harley: "In my judgement exposure would have ended your wife's affair."

Dr Harley telling BTintrouble to "expose the heck out of this affair" and do not offer forgiveness. here

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
This caller needs my Texas boot in his a**!! mad What a wimp!!! I get so mad when a BS won't stand up for his marriage and his children. rant2

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Take a blood pressure pill before you listen!! crazy

Exposure 101

K
K
I get angry too, at that sort of thing.

It's why I TRY to stick to "my" topics--mainly women, but one or two men, too (with one shining example of a man, Pariah. Kudos to you for still having a heart to give to animals. They appreciate it more, I think) , who have done and are doing their best to either recover themselves or their marriage.

Last edited by karmasrose; 06/07/10 06:44 PM. Reason: Pariah's not alone in this list

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
M
OP Offline
M
Happy Birthday, Karmasrose!!

Exposure 101

M
M
I know he needs to give a caveat that exposure might not work, but I can firmly attest to the fact that it killed my FWH's affair DEAD. DEAD. We're happily together today. THANK GOD FOR EXPOSURE.

Any newbie coming to this board is going to recoil from this whole exposure thing - thank God the OWH didn't!

My experience? I will NEVER tell a BS to NOT expose.

Last edited by maritalbliss; 06/07/10 06:46 PM.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

K
K
Aww, thanks, ML... blush

21st one...

(Sorry for any T/Jing!)

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Happy Birthday, Karmasrose!!

Happy Birthday, Karma!
[Linked Image from freesmileys.org]

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
[Linked Image from bestsmileys.com]

Happy Birthday, Karma...

K
K
blush

You all really didn't have to...

H
H
I clicked on the link and it didn't display. Am I doing something wrong?

BS: 41
WS: 52
Marriage 20 years on 6/9/10
Dday on 4/27/10
Husband moved out 5/12/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
M
OP Offline
M
There is something wrong with the server right now. Hopefully they will get it back up soon!

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
ok, I think its fixed!

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
bump

Exposure 101

R
R
Exposure is the smartest thing I've ever done. No matter what else may follow, that was the best thing.

Thanks for all the support along the way.
I wish you all well. I'm outta here.
Peace.
G
G
This is timely

My wife and myself had an interesting discussion about exposure last night.

Her side of the "discussion" is why I don't feel she has earned her F (for FWW) banghead

I'm thinking about starting a thread about it.

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
M
OP Offline
M
Dr Harley telling BTintrouble to "expose the heck out of this affair" and do not offer forgiveness. http://richwith.com/mb/Previous%20Programs/05-28-10/MB_052810_C.mp3

Exposure 101

P
P
Thanks Mel, for posting the link.
Really good stuff.

M
OP Offline
M
fyi, they pay to air this show out of their own pocket. It costs them $100 a show so that is why they are taking donations, hence this notice on the radio page. I called the 800# and gave them a donation with my credit card.

Support Marriage Builders Radio with a tax deductable donation to the Association of Marriage Builders Inc.

call 1-888-639-1639 or mail to PO BOX 335 Hugo, MN 55138

Exposure 101

I listened, and was surprised 2 hear in amongst the discussion about exposure, that the Dr and the Mrs said that plan B was when 2 expose. But it may have just been that they were recommending that Ron go 2 plan B and expose simultaneously because he hadn't up 2 this point.

Regardless, he's where he is for whatever reason. Lambasting him for not exposing earlier by calling him an enabler of something that obviously hurts him deeply (and he did say he thought he was doing the right thing, however wrong it 2rned out 2 be) isn't particularly helpful. Heck, there's even ways 2 call him an enabler that won't drive him away, in my view.

First time I've heard the radio show, though. Interesting.

-ol' 2long

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (NewEveryDay), 1,357 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation