Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
L
L
Well, LaLa, Mel is right. Openess and Honesty does not apply until a couple is in true recovery. W2S was right to seek help in a safe place for him.

I don't know what your problem is with Mel, but she only has your and W2S's marriage's best interests at heart.

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
K
K
Ren - can I bring your attention back to your personal recovery plan?

Have you found a face-to-face NA meeting? Have you found enough of them and AA meetings and any other 12 step meeting in your area so that you can work a 90 meeting in 90 day program? Have you found a sponsor?

See - W2S finding a support group isn't really your business at this point. Go back and read TST's feedback and MF and SMB and all of us who have taken time to help YOU.

You're not to a place of trust with W2S yet where POJA can apply. You have work to do.

So dry your tears. Dust off your humility and get to work. There's good inside you to discover and uncover under all that guilt and shame and pride.

F
F
See - W2S finding a support group isn't really your business at this point. Go back and read TST's feedback and MF and SMB and all of us who have taken time to help YOU.

You're not to a place of trust with W2S yet where POJA can apply. You have work to do.
YEP. If you were truly reading SAA with an open heart and mind than you would understand that your BH cannot and must not trust you yet. You have work to do to EARN that trust. So, essentially from this morning where you appeared to be humble and ready to work you progressed to having a tantrum over your BH getting help??

Thanks for showing us where you heart truly is at this point.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
F
F
You know lala, seeing that you deleted all your posts I am fearful for your BH. I hope and pray he does not continue to conflict avoid with you and continues to get help here at MB despite your tantrums.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
M
M
Originally Posted by Resonance
x

Oh come now, "Madame X"...Do you even realize just how totally and completely WAYWARD that little stunt shows you to be? sigh

Yes, I'm here, I have been the whole time - I have purposely laid low and let others address you BECAUSE of how much I do like you, and because of how disappointed I am in you and how mad I am at myself that I didn't see this all along. I always thought you and I were so alike, and because of that I made too many assumptions that you were approaching recovery just as I had - I neglected to ask the right questions and took everything you said as truth based upon my own STUPID assumptions. LaLa, I feel HORRIBLE that I helped enable you to gaslight W2S - I believed you that HE was the stumbling block to recovery. I have apologized to him for that - Let me say that I am also very sorry to you...

I am posting to you now because I am FLOORED by this latest shenanigan of yours - I am MAD!!! You need to drop all this bullying of W2S this very instant - this is OVER-THE-TOP flat out RIDICULOUS!!! You are being CRUEL - I can't believe this of you!!! STOP IT!!!!!!

NO, HE MOST CERTAINLY DOES NOT OWE YOU ONE BIT OF OPENNESS AND HONESTY RIGHT NOW - KNOCK IT OFF, LALA!!!

*I* was there when W2S was being advised off of this board - I was one of the ones posting to him, and so were many others that you DO like and respect - NOTHING was said that had anything but the BEST in mind for you and your family...Instead of pitching fits and making demands, you should be GRATEFUL to those people for doing YOUR JOB by supporting YOUR HUSBAND when you sure as heck weren't!!!

You march yourself in to W2S right this minute and APOLOGIZE to him for putting him in a position to NEED HELP away from you - Do you think it felt good for him to need that? Do you think that he was jumping for joy about it? C'MON!!! Tell him that you are SO SORRY that you have forced his hand and not been there for him to be open and honest with as a spouse should be...LaLa, YOU put him right smack dab in the middle of this emotional crap storm, so if you are enraged, be sure to take it out on the right person - YOURSELF - This is YOURS to own...

Now, settle yourself down and get humble - double time...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

B
B
And may I also say, having not seen anything before all the
x

appeared

That it seems to me that you somehow think smoking dope is/was the only problem that needed addressing?

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
B
B
You want hero cookies for giving up dope 2 months ago?????

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
B
B
You think THAT is the only issue in your marriage? Really????

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
S
S
OMG! HOW DARE W2S ATTEMPT TO GET HELP TO SAVE HIS WIFE FROM SELF-DESTRUCTION AND HIS FAMILY FROM UTTER DESTRUCTION!

You revealed your true heart with your "X".

You didn't get what you wanted from the board this time 'round, so you cut and run.

"X" -- it's so immature it's funny -- except it's not -- because you're a wife and mom willing to blow them all up to keep your pride.

Happily married to HerPapaBear

S
S
Lala, your children need you to drop your pride and entitlement.

You said earlier you were ready to save your family.

So what's up with the "X" then?

Were you just trying to con me?

M
M
Originally Posted by Lady_Clueless
LaLa, I agree with tst about finding a community church to attend. Be sure, though, that you choose a church that teaches what is actually in the Bible and not any of those New Agey ideas.

Also, I would make this a church that has congregational singing instead of performance singing. Then you will still get to sing, next to your husband, in the pew. But you won't have an opportunity to join the choir or praise team or whatever.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
markos #2391290 06/16/10 09:49 AM
P
P
Originally Posted by markos
Also, I would make this a church that has congregational singing instead of performance singing. Then you will still get to sing, next to your husband, in the pew. But you won't have an opportunity to join the choir or praise team or whatever.

Wow. I really disagree with this.

While I understand that Lala's solo singing in a studio could trigger her H, singing in a church choir is much different. Furthermore, if she had something healthy that brings her joy - like singing - it will be incentive for her to stay away from smoking. Smoking is terrible for your voice. Want2stay could come to choir practice - or join.

I'm sure that many will disagree with me, but I think that for Lala to give up singing altogether was a bad idea, one that fostered a ton of resentment on her part. Singing in a church choir seems like an excellent idea to me. Why not ask the Harleys what they think of the idea?

pk

H
H
Nooo LaLa, What's up with the tantrums?

You MUST get control over these angry outbursts!

These AO's are what has hindered any recovery from going forward from the get go.

AO's are like driving a car and using nothing but the horn..... ya wind up in and out of the ditch again and again, all the while blowing your horn at all those self-preceived crazy drivers. Get in your own traffic lane and grab a hold of the steering wheel please.

You might even want to consider stopping the car long enough to see if you are possibly going the wrong way on a one way street.

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
M
M
Originally Posted by penaltykill
Originally Posted by markos

Wow. I really disagree with this.

While I understand that Lala's solo singing in a studio could trigger her H, singing in a church choir is much different. Furthermore, if she had something healthy that brings her joy - like singing - it will be incentive for her to stay away from smoking. Smoking is terrible for your voice. Want2stay could come to choir practice - or join.

I'm sure that many will disagree with me, but I think that for Lala to give up singing altogether was a bad idea, one that fostered a ton of resentment on her part. Singing in a church choir seems like an excellent idea to me. Why not ask the Harleys what they think of the idea?

pk

Dr. Harley's very first marriage he counseled involved an affair with a church choir director.

I'm not condemning church choirs; I just think any situation where Lala sets herself up for admiration for her singing could be a problem.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
markos #2391307 06/16/10 10:20 AM
M
M
Regarding the singing...

LaLa had big dreams of making it as a recording artist - W2S supported that dream and for their 10 year anniversary he bought her studio time to record an album - her affair was with the "producer" of said album...It is no wonder that her singing is a giant trigger for him...Her very own choices landed her where she is regarding her singing, so if she resents anyone, it should only be HERSELF...

Further, we all make choices in life about what we want - LaLa chose to get married and have children - that very naturally put her dreams of stardom on the back burner - let's not forget that was HER CHOICE though...I've heard LaLa sing - she IS very talented, but just having a beautiful voice does not guarantee stardom - there are a lot of blood, sweat and tears that go along with a dream that big - to be honest with you I think that W2S makes a convenient scapegoat for LaLa's not choosing to pursue that dream: ala - "I never made it to the bigtime because of YOU!!! Certainly NOT because of my own lack of perseverance and drive - MY CHOICES are YOUR FAULT!!!" cry

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

P
P
Mrs. W, I see a world of difference between singing in a church choir vs pursuing stardom as a recording artist and making an album in a studio. One is a realistic healthy way of pursuing an interest in a communal setting - the other is much more self-involved.

Dr. Harley's very first marriage he counseled involved an affair with a church choir director.

I see. So, does this mean that all FWSs should never sing in a church choir? Or is choir practice verboten for only singing FWSs? Or should church itself should be off-limits? IOW, I think the experience of the adulterous choir member is way off the point here.

pk

S
S
Since her singing publicly causes her spouse pain (for incredibly obvious reasons), she should not be singing publicly.

I could argue about her filling her lovebank with admiration from others when she sings, too, but the first sentence is enough reason for her to never sing publicly again. If her BH becomes enthusiastic about it in the future, they could open the discussion (at HIS prompting!) I'm sure that's a long, long way off, if ever. Right now, he's still in triage.

M
M
I understand PK...The problem is though that LaLa's singing triggers W2S IMMENSELY ~ It is her lack of WILLINGNESS to accept what her actions wrought that is killing this potential recovery ~ As SMB reported, tst now participates in an activity that used to trigger her - It was his attitude and willingness to do whatever it took for as long as it took that made the difference...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
Originally Posted by penaltykill
Mrs. W, I see a world of difference between singing in a church choir vs pursuing stardom as a recording artist and making an album in a studio. One is a realistic healthy way of pursuing an interest in a communal setting - the other is much more self-involved.

There may not be a difference though, if the appeal is admiration. The problem would be the same in church if that is the case. And we all know that affairs happen just as easily in church as anywhere else, unfortunately.

So, this may well be a matter of eliminating an environment that led to her affair. If that is the case, then it needs to go no matter what.

If it is a matter of only triggering him, then it might be eliminated now and addressed in the future. But for now, we know it does trigger him so it has to go.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Also, if she "resents" giving up something that hurts her husband immensely, that speaks to an attitude that is not serious about putting the recovery of her marriage first.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 649 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation