Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
OP Offline
S
What exactly should i do? I'm not sure what to think. I'm not sure what to do. I can barely believe that she'd want to leave me, let alone that shes having an affair. Should i confront them? I'd blow up...

stevmile #2394793 06/23/10 09:37 AM
S
S
No don't confront them, they will just deny it...trust me!!

Tell everyone!

Family
friends
co-workers
her family and friends
Church friends
Pastor

Tell everyone that your wife have left because she is having an A with so and so (who ever his name is)

Once you expose start being in plan A

Read this

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1640788&page=1

J
J
1) Move back in. It's your place. If she won't let you in, call the cops and have yourself let in. It's your place and she cannot legally get you out.

2) Snoop all you can and cut off all access to this OM. He's the one fooling around with your WW. Get some sort of proof, and expose immediately. I'd also maybe get some "big" friends to confront this OM and get him to leave your WW alone and cut off all contact.

3) If you can't get NC and things don't improve quickly (within 2-3 months), file for D and move on. I don't care how long you've been together. You are young and don't have any kids together and there are PLENTY of better women out there that won't cheat on you after 50 years, much less 11 months of marriage. The last thing you want is for her to pull this again 15 years from now and break up your family when you have children. Is this the ideal person you want mothering your children, teaching them right from wrong?

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
jmwc95 #2394808 06/23/10 09:58 AM
S
S
I agree with JMWC you need to move back in! You helped get that place, move back in when she is not there, and say..

"I helped get this place, its mine just as much it is yours. If you don't like it...THEN YOU LEAVE!"

If you dont have the keys to the place, buy new locks, break in and change them smile

Last edited by SapphireReturns; 06/23/10 09:59 AM.
S
OP Offline
S
I think i need more proof before i do anything. Him just being there does not even tell me they're having an affair at all. I dont mean to be an idiot, but how can i get more proof, if they're cheating they'd just do it at our place where i already know they go sometimes.

stevmile #2394811 06/23/10 09:59 AM
S
S
GET BACK IN YOUR PLACE!!!!

S
S
If you want to wait to get more proof that is your choice, we can't make you do anything, just advise.

But seriously you really need to move back in...

You are still married, that is still your place, get it back!!

Are you gunna let her walk all over you while she is cheating and sleeping with another man in your place?

Get some balls and do what is right!

MOVE back in...sorry if I'm yelling, but you really gotta think about this.

stevmile #2394813 06/23/10 10:04 AM
S
OP Offline
S
she has threatened to leave the state and change her name if i pushed for being in the home.I am affraid that because i have not lived there before they will not recognize it as my home.

stevmile #2394814 06/23/10 10:04 AM
J
J
Originally Posted by stevmile
I think i need more proof before i do anything. Him just being there does not even tell me they're having an affair at all. I dont mean to be an idiot, but how can i get more proof, if they're cheating they'd just do it at our place where i already know they go sometimes.

It's easier to figure out that your WW is cheating if you actually live with her. That is why she locked you out, so it is harder to catch her. Once home, you can also prevent OM from entering your place. He is not welcome.

About OM, are you bigger than him? More physically intimidating? I would go visit him with a bunch of your friends (to keep you from doing something stupid), get in his face, and tell him he is not welcome having any contact with your WW anymore and he better back off. I would then go to his parents and explain to them that after he broke up with his GF, he and your WW started hanging out more, and now she is being secretive and wants to move out. Tell them you know something is going on and you will be looking for proof and that they should advise their son not to meddle with another man's wife. At his age, parents may have some influence over him.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
stevmile #2394821 06/23/10 10:07 AM
J
J
she has threatened to leave the state and change her name if i pushed for being in the home.I am affraid that because i have not lived there before they will not recognize it as my home.

BFD. Idle threats. What will happen if she leaves the state and change her name? YOU DON'T NEED DOCUMENTATION THAT IT IS YOUR HOME. It is her home and you are married. Therefore, it is YOUR HOME! Besides, just get some documentation and take it to a locksmith to let you in. Then change the locks to a key you have if you can't find the other one. Grow a pair and stand up to your wife.

BTW, you wife has ZERO respect for you because you will just do whatever she tells you to do like a puppy dog. Newsflash. You don't have to do everything she tells you. You can take control instead of ceding everything to her. You being a tough, strong man although pissing her off, would make you much more attractive in her eyes.

Last edited by jmwc95; 06/23/10 10:09 AM.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
E
E
Lets think about it this way. Lets assume that it is a PA like you are being told.

Every night you are not in that house they are engaging in SF. That means OM has direct and free access to create that bond with YOUR wife while you are twiddling your thumbs at your moms house.

GET BACK IN THE HOUSE TODAY.

Will she be POed, yes. So what. You will be denying OM secret access to your wife, that should be a fair trade for you.

Me - BS
Him - WS
Discovery 3/26/10
NC letter mailed 5/27/10
NC letter recieved 5/29/10
My Thread

Recovery may not be an option. Seriously looking a plan B/D
stevmile #2394827 06/23/10 10:16 AM
M
M
How can i get through to her to understand things, i mean... Shes threatening to move out of state and change her name if i keep bothering her about things.

Call her bluff.

If things continue on like they are now, your marriage is over.

If you peacefully move back to your home and start trying to win her affections back, and she actually makes good on this threat, then your marriage is still over, but at least you will respect yourself better!! You will be more equipped to deal with the loss of the marriage.

OR, if you peacefully move back, you might win her back to a marriage that is better than ever before.

You can roll over and do nothing because she might end it all. But she's already ended it all. How much worse can it get? And if you do nothing, you will hate yourself for not trying.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
ElunaInNC #2394830 06/23/10 10:17 AM
S
S
Lets think about this SOME MORE shall we??

WHEN you move back in, the worst is that she will change her name and move out of state??..so what? Would you rather stay at your parents house while she is having sex with your friend in YOUR BED!!?

Or would you rather move back in take control of your marriage and fix anything that is left?

Chances are she wont move out of state...she will move in with the guy she is sleeping with...and that my friend will be enough proof that SHE IS CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!!

DO us all a big favor, and get in that house like...YESTERDAY!!

stevmile #2394839 06/23/10 10:25 AM
M
M

Talk to a lawyer so you can find out your fears are unfounded. You'll be able to do a lot more when you're not afraid. Unless this home was purchased in her name, it's yours, too.

Do you own the home outright, or are you paying a mortgage?

And, again, call her bluff!

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
markos #2394842 06/23/10 10:28 AM
S
OP Offline
S
It is a trailer home, its in her name, and there is a lease on the lot, also in her name.

stevmile #2394843 06/23/10 10:31 AM
M
M
I dont think my marriage is going to work at all. Shes refusing to talk to me anymore. Doesn't want to hear what i have to say.

stev,

There are people here who have recovered healthy marriages full of romantic love from far worse than this. Just so you know.

Nobody would blame you for throwing in the towel if she is in adultery, especially this early in marriage. In fact, many of us here could provide you some great support if that's what you want to do.

But you should know that there are people who have come back from worse than this, better than ever.

I might have an idea now who the affair might be, but i honestly have no proof of anything, and i do not believe it is physical, yet..

It probably is physical, but even if not, it really makes less of a difference than you might think. Most people recognize that a married woman dating another man is wrong, icky, and a betrayal of her husband.

Do you think that it is too late?
What can i do now that she will not talk to me at all?

No, it is not too late. Listen to the fine advice you will get here, and start reading up on everything you can so you will know how to use the tools here. Read the Basic Concepts, read the Q&A columns about infidelity, and read about Plan A and Plan B.

She has said she does not want me around the house at all and shes suggested calling the poliece if i do.

Please, I want my marriage to work, and I am so afraid that it will not now. She says she plans to file as soon as she has the money to. She seems to have a complete disregard of my feelings at all, and has said 'this isn't that emotional for me.'

All of this stuff is typical for a woman doing this, and it can all be overcome.

Call her bluffs. Don't let her bully you into NOT trying to save the marriage.

The police can't steal YOUR home, which YOU PAID for.

She won't file for divorce, and even if she does, you can still recover. Filing is not final.

There's an alien in her that loves her adultery and will do everything possible to keep it, including making threats to you that she is too scared to ever carry out.

stevmile #2394844 06/23/10 10:32 AM
S
S
Are you paying for it? Did you put any money into it?

stevmile #2394845 06/23/10 10:32 AM
S
OP Offline
S
The thing about him is, he is living with his parents right now.

Everyone in my family keeps telling me just give her space, and to stop torturing myself over it.

stevmile #2394847 06/23/10 10:32 AM
M
M
It is a trailer home, its in her name, and there is a lease on the lot, also in her name.

How much financial loss are we talking about if you lose this?

It's about winning her, not the home, right?

If you lose her, courts can sort it out and make sure you get half. If you win her, you get it all.

stevmile #2394849 06/23/10 10:34 AM
J
J
The thing about him is, he is living with his parents right now.

Everyone in my family keeps telling me just give her space, and to stop torturing myself over it.

Your family doesn't know $hit because they probably haven't been through this. Giving her more "space" means giving the affair more "space." Go over to OM's parents house and tell them he needs to stay away from your WW.

Then go back into YOUR HOUSE. It is marital property. If she owns it, and you are married. You own it. Quit being a pansy and making excuses to avoid conflict.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation