Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 28 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 27 28
T
OP Offline
T
True, her mother doesn't know even some very basic details. But it does seem possible that WW has turned the corner.

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
ILYBNILWY: 8/09
DDAY: 8/31/09
Two boys: 8,7
Divorced 3/23/2011

Don't let your eyes refuse to see. Don't let your ears refuse to hear. Or you ain't never gonna shake this sense of sadness. --Ray Lamontagne
M
M
Originally Posted by TryingEverything
True, her mother doesn't know even some very basic details. But it does seem possible that WW has turned the corner.
Or could it be that she's getting scared, looking at what will be her future? Please don't be an easy out for her. That's not fair to you, or anyone else.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

C
C
@Trying -

The big hitters on here say that you need to set the bar high for accepting her back.

Where is your bar? Where is it set?

Even add the kitchen sink, if that's what you want.

Now if WW meets the requirements. What are the pros and cons. Don't discount the staying together for the kids as a pro.

It sounds like your able to analyze this in a rational manner.

What do you want?

T
OP Offline
T
Right now, there really is no bar to set. I want out.

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
Divorced 3/23/2011

Don't let your eyes refuse to see. Don't let your ears refuse to hear. Or you ain't never gonna shake this sense of sadness. --Ray Lamontagne
J
J
Right now, there really is no bar to set. I want out.

Just take a step back and think about what would make you want back in? If nothing, then continue with the current course and don't look back. If there is something, write it down, all of it, and if she asks you again if this is what you want before you get divorced, hand her the paper and Steve Harley's number. If she wants to stay married, she'll do it. If she doesn't want to do it, continue with the current course and don't look back.

I'm not trying to pressure you into taking her back, I'm just saying from your perspective, since you don't sound like you are sure you want out (why would you be asking us if you weren't).

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
T
OP Offline
T
Tomorrow WW and I meet with a judge to sign off on the divorce. We've mediated and ironed out all the details.

Yesterday we got an offer on our home. It's about half of what we paid in 2006 at the height of the market. We are looking at a short sale.

Yesterday we also made up a list of all our possessions deciding who gets to keep what.

Today I get a call from WW saying she does not want to sell the house at such a low price and is there anyway we can keep it until the market rebounds.

As it stands, WW had planned to move to NY with the kids to live with her parents. And I would transfer up there as soon as possible.

When I asked her if we were able to keep the house who would live there while the market rebounded. WW said she and the kids could live there.

This is in stark opposition to everything she has said for the past year and a half.

I think she's finally woken up... one day before the D gets finalized.

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
Divorced 3/23/2011

H
H
I think she's finally woken up... one day before the D gets finalized.

Your thoughts on this?

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
X
Xau Offline
X
And your answer was ? Unless you want to don't , close the deal and move on with your life. Having her in the house opens up a host of problems , who knows how long it will take for the market to recover.

Last edited by Xau; 03/22/11 01:12 PM.
T
OP Offline
T
I fully intend to go through with the divorce and sell the house. It's sad that it's come to this. One year ago, I would have tried to make it work.

Now I just feel like everything is ruined.

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
Divorced 3/23/2011

M
M
As it stands, WW had planned to move to NY with the kids to live with her parents. And I would transfer up there as soon as possible.

When I asked her if we were able to keep the house who would live there while the market rebounded. WW said she and the kids could live there.

I'll bet that was planned.

Don't underestimate the deviousness of a WW.

ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
M
M
Originally Posted by ManInMotion

I'll bet that was planned.

Don't underestimate the deviousness of a WW.

Exactly...this is all going to be YOUR FAULT and she's the victim

Ever
after

Waiting for the market to rebound? Why...it's a short sale. It's the banks money on the line. Aren't they going to write off the balance anyway so what difference could getting more make as YOU aren't losing a penny more if they sell it at 50% or 25% below what you paid in 2006.

Peace TE

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
R
R
Aren't you just buying another house at a bargain price anyway? I don't see your loss - yes you have a realized loss on the house you sold, but eventually a larger unrealized gain on the house you buy or she does or whatever..

FBH,Dad
No half measures, in anything.
T
OP Offline
T
Divorce finalized today. Heart officially broken.

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
Divorced 3/23/2011

T
T
I am sorry.

Together 10 years, Married 8
6 kids his 2 mine2 ours2
Me BW
Him WH
Renewed vows 10/10/10
Affair exposed 10/28/10
Affair began 05/10
In recovery 11/1-2/17/11
BS left state to mil 2/17/11
I filed divorce 3/3/11

T
OP Offline
T
To all those who helped me, thank you. Especially, I thank all the vets. You gave me great insight into the wayward mind.

For so long I was questioning my own sanity. When I found out about the adultery, I couldn't believe it.

This forum explained it all. I wasn't going crazy. My WW was.

Thank you for helping guide me through a very difficult time.

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
Divorced 3/23/2011

M
M
Divorce finalized today. Heart officially broken.

Sorry to hear this. I hope you are processing this in a healthy manner. Like to see you around more seeking support as you make this change.

Mr. Wondering

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
T
OP Offline
T
Took WW off my health insurance plan today. She's eligible for COBRA. We still live under the same roof so not too much has changed since the D finalized.

WW looks terrible. She's developed some skin problems from the stress and often wears a mouth guard because she grinds her teeth at night.

She seems pretty miserable and sad. I'm doing okay. Not sure I'll ever understand why we had to go through this. It just doesn't make any sense on any level.

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
Divorced 3/23/2011

T
OP Offline
T
Over a month post divorce. Still living under the same roof. We take the boys to little league almost every day. We attend church as a family. We have breakfast and dinner together. There's an 800-lb. gorilla in the room at all times.

Last edited by TryingEverything; 05/02/11 02:33 PM.

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
Divorced 3/23/2011

X
Xau Offline
X
Focus on yourself, eat healthy , exercise and keep a clear mind. Time will heal your wounds. Sell that house and move on , your wife chose her journey she must walk it or crawl it on her own. Get on with your life and love your children, this is a new dawn for you time to start afresh.

Thoughts are with you.

Last edited by Xau; 05/02/11 03:04 PM.
T
OP Offline
T
Casting aside the blame and resentment is sooo hard. I know I should be thinking of this relationship as a business now, but it's tough to let go of my anger and disappointment. I keep reliving it all in my head.

I know things will change when we finally get out of this house, but for now everything just feels ruined. From Christmas to Easter to Mother's Day, it's all ruined. Even stuff like mowing the lawn seems pointless.

And it makes me so angry that all these decisions like selling the house, and hiring lawyers, and relocating, and transferring my job have been forced upon me.

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
Divorced 3/23/2011

Page 21 of 28 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation