Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
P
Melody ( NOT Mel G) has pegged the situation correctly.

I
I
As a woman, I find it inexcusable for a man to be abusive to a woman. Whether Mel G. was a renter or a buyer, he does not have the right to speak to anyone the way he did.
The OW is a bottom-feeder, agreed, but as a woman, I cannot condone this kind of violence. This is a situation that he willingly entered, and he needs to show some class and send an NC letter, and stop threatening to burn OW's house down after she blows him.
And even in the middle of my FWH's A, I don't think he was ever foggy enough to spew that kind of garbage at the OW or threaten her with physical violence. And to be honest, I'm glad he doesn't have that side to him. (Wow, just said something nice about FWH--go figure)
Mel is a deeply disturbed man, and he shouldn't be getting any kind of a free pass just because he's trashing the OW and going back to his wife. He has a history of being out of control, and running away to hide in Australia is a cowardly way out.
And Marshmallow, I don't see how you can justify that it's ok for Mel to use the language he did with that cop just because he ~thought~ he was jewish (he wasn't, by the way).
>
>
From 2006 (when he was still with his wife, by the way)
"The report says Gibson then launched into a barrage of anti-Semitic statements: "F*****g Jews... The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Gibson then asked the deputy, "Are you a Jew?"

The deputy became alarmed as Gibson's tirade escalated, and called ahead for a sergeant to meet them when they arrived at the station. When they arrived, a sergeant began videotaping Gibson, who noticed the camera and then said, "What the f*** do you think you're doing?"

A law enforcement source says Gibson then noticed another female sergeant and yelled, "What do you think you're looking at, sugar tits?"

We're told Gibson took two blood alcohol tests, which were videotaped, and continued saying how "f****d" he was and how he was going to "f***" Deputy Mee.
>
>
Yeah, sounds like a real prize.
And the latest tape CONFIRMS he beat her and called his own son a p**sy. Great guy.
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...o-one-will-believe-you-he-says-after-she

Last edited by imanotherone; 07/20/10 08:39 AM.

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
P
P
I agree 100% ....

As a woman, I find it inexcusable for a man to be abusive to a woman. Whether Mel G. was a renter or a buyer, he does not have the right to speak to anyone the way he did.

M
M
Originally Posted by imanotherone

I'm not excusing it, but I see it as a job hazard of adultery. Most affairs die within 2 years because the traits that made them possible, deceit, thoughtlessness and dishonesty poison them. I think we are probably seeing what happens in many of these situations.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
Renter/Freeloader is never an excuse, but rather a description of the nature of adulterous relationships .... Which helps EXPLAIN ( not excuse ) why Mel G's wife says Mel never was abusive to her.

The A relationship is, by nature, organically potentially abusive.

Last edited by Pepperband; 07/20/10 09:30 AM. Reason: Meant to write freeloader NOT buyer
R
R
Might not be the end of OX and Mel.
Sounds like they are a little emotional in the transcripts and the Takers are riled up.

Doesn't sound like the Natural Death of the affair yet. Maybe.

Time'll tell.

If Mel and his 'spiritually' void wife (he mentions his justification for dumping her as her lack of spiritual interest) reconsile, he has a very long way to go to have the fog lift.

S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by imanotherone

I'm not excusing it, but I see it as a job hazard of adultery. Most affairs die within 2 years because the traits that made them possible, deceit, thoughtlessness and dishonesty poison them. I think we are probably seeing what happens in many of these situations.

I agree also.

I know i told my h "once the newness wears off you will regret your decision". He said he thought about that comment the 2 nights he stayed at her house and realized i was right so he begged me to come home.

I think the "newness" has worn off for Mel for sure.

P
P
The people I feel the sorriest for are the children in this mess-- MG's COM and his OC.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
Robin legally separated from him in 2007 after the whole rant on the Jews and from one of the tapes.

The other woman claim to have given him 3 years of her life, so this was going on for three years.

This is just my opinion but I think Mel (serial cheater) and Ox's relationship would have sputter out eventually, but when she became pregnant I think Robin a devout Catholic saw this as her way out her marriage with Mel and ran for the hills.

Mel thought he could just go on with his career, and I truly think he would have pulled this off before The Passion of The Christ, but having made this film and his actions showing showing what a hypocrite he is his film career stalled and half of his money and gone, and what does he really have to show for it, a gold digging other woman who he has to pay $$ for the next 18 years to.

He has no career

No family

No friends

Half his money

A child with a woman he abhors

His fan base is dwindling fast

His fans now know that he is a misogynist and a racist for a fact tapes can't lie he said those things, and he can not take them back.

I
I
Agree swan's song. I was a big fan, and even tried to excuse him when he called a cop "sugar tits," but this is it. No more Mel movies for my family.

M
OP Offline
M
And Marshmallow, I don't see how you can justify that it's ok for Mel to use the language he did with that cop just because he ~thought~ he was jewish (he wasn't, by the way).
crazy

Where did I do that? I said he was a bully. And said his words were offensive.

As a woman, I find it inexcusable for a man to be abusive to a woman.

As a human being I find it inexcusable.

However, I am much more offended at his adultery and the destruction of his family.

What played out w/ his OW sounded very much to me like the natural death of something ugly to begin w/.

M
M
Originally Posted by Marshmallow
However, I am much more offended at his adultery and the destruction of his family.

I agree. The whole thing is ugly. His rude words are probably the LEAST ugly thing to me. When ya crawl in the pig pen, it is gonna get dirty! Pigs tend to get dirty when they waller around in the pig pen.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Dr H and Joyce were discussing this on the radio show recently. Dr H said he isn't surprised at the rants due to Mel's personality type (based on the movie role he typically plays) and also due to the fact that it is an affair.

There was more but I was multitasking (half-listening) and I can't remember anything more than that...

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
M
OP Offline
M
I agree. The whole thing is ugly. His rude words are probably the LEAST ugly thing to me. When ya crawl in the pig pen, it is gonna get dirty! Pigs tend to get dirty when they waller around in the pig pen.

Yup. Yet in the media, I have not heard ONE word about how this OW was an OW. Or that she helped Mel break up his family.

Just about how she is a victim and how awful Mel's WORDS are.

Not one mention about how he and OW's ACTIONS were awful...or wrong.

C
C
As a human being I find it inexcusable...

Yeah, If it were a guy friend of mine I would get him help if I couldn't convince him by force. You don't make excuses for people who are out of control, you remove them from the situation, one way or another. I would hope that he would thank me later.

He needs help, I hope he gets it for his familys sake. I agree with what Melody said about the renter attitude, she pretty well nailed it. Thats his excuse, but its no good reason, and he knows it. For everybodys sake, I hope it all comes down hard on him.

S
S
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
Was driving this morning and remembered what this reminded me of, Burt Reynolds.

Remember how the boyish rapscallion heartthrob, after Loni Anderson revealed his dark side, fell from grace?
I remember that. It was a mess but like all the other scumbags in Hollywood he managed to work his way back into acting. The sad thing is the public has a short memory span. I bet I could come up with dozens of celebrities & politicians that have fallen from grace and managed to recover.

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
C
C
Did someone say Tiger Woods?

S
S
Originally Posted by reading
If Mel and his 'spiritually' void wife (he mentions his justification for dumping her as her lack of spiritual interest) reconsile, he has a very long way to go to have the fog lift.
I didn't hear this.

confused
What a hypocrite. I am not surprised though, typical fog babble.

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
S
S
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
Did someone say Tiger Woods?
Jolie (twice) and Pitt
Lopez and Mark Anthony
Tom Cruise
David Duchovny
Tory Spelling and Dean McDermott (This one makes me puke)
Sara Evens
Garth Brooks
Roger Clemmons.....
And that is just the start.
I can't believe I forgot WOODY ALAN!

Last edited by suamico; 07/20/10 12:28 PM. Reason: added woody alan

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
I
I
crazy

Where did I do that? I said he was a bully. And said his words were offensive.

As a human being I find it inexcusable.

What played out w/ his OW sounded very much to me like the natural death of something ugly to begin w/.
I'm not going to engage on this with you anymore, Marshmallow. YOu've actually gone so far as to edit some of your posts, and then come back and say, "Where did I say that?" I don't need to edit my posts in an abstract argument like this, but suffice it to say, you made comments about the cop, and you said he DIDN'T hit her. HE DID. He admitted it on tape released today.
Yes, the OW is a worthless hag. And in my opinion, the two of them deserve each other.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 468 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation