Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#2416532 08/13/10 01:45 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Last year I discovered my husband was involved w/a woman who works with him. He says it wasn't physical, not sure about that but he assured me he'd stop talking to her. A while later I found out that he had not and now months down the road their relationship is still friendly. I can't seem to get past this because he sees and talks to her every day. I'm very insecure even though he has changed toward me. Sometimes it overwhelms me to the point of panic attacks and almost constant anxiety. He's offended and thinks I'm making a big deal over nothing. He says he can't change the work situation and can't find another job because of economy.

S
S
Start snooping, check his email, phone, text, etc I bet you that you will find a whole lot more about this affair then he is telling you, I bet you that is is physical.

I am sorry you are here but this is the best place for you trust me! Read everything on this thread....

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2370240#Post2370240

Once you have your evidence that your husband is having an affair you need to EXPOSE to people that will have the best influence to kill the Affair....

Co-workers
Family
Friends
Neighbors
Other woman's family/husband
etc..

M
M
Originally Posted by fiftysomething
Last year I discovered my husband was involved w/a woman who works with him. He says it wasn't physical, not sure about that but he assured me he'd stop talking to her. A while later I found out that he had not and now months down the road their relationship is still friendly. I can't seem to get past this because he sees and talks to her every day. I'm very insecure even though he has changed toward me. Sometimes it overwhelms me to the point of panic attacks and almost constant anxiety. He's offended and thinks I'm making a big deal over nothing. He says he can't change the work situation and can't find another job because of economy.

Of course you can't get "past it". It's not over. If it were over, he'd have established no contact w/ her.

Affairs are very addicting. Therefore no contact must be established. And yes, that means he must quit his job.

what has happened is that once you found out about their affair, they simply took it further underground so that you could not see that it was still on going.

Sometimes it overwhelms me to the point of panic attacks and almost constant anxiety.

Women have had nervous break downs b/c their WH have had affairs.

Can you tell us more about yourself? How long have you been married? Do you have children? If so, how old? How old are you and your spouse? Is the OW married?

W
W
How old are you? How old is your WS(wayward spouse)?

Do you have any children? How old are they?

How long have you been married? Is this the first marriage for both of you?

How did your WS meet their AP?

How long did the A last?

How did you find out about the A?

Have you ordered the book Surviving an Affair by Dr Harley? Have you read it?

fifties answers:
Me:52 WS:55
3 children, 16,12,9
21 yrs, yes
work
Idk how long at least a year.
Discovered in email
Not yet.

F
OP Offline
F
Yes married, in 40s.

M
M
Thanks Wheel.

Fifties, Is the OW married?

F
OP Offline
F
I would also add that we care for my mentally/physically disabled sister and w/the children, we couldn't get my on my salary.

P
P
Originally Posted by Wheels_spinning

How long did the A last?

fifties answers:
3 children, 16,12,9
21 yrs, yes
work
Discovered in email
Not yet.

Wheels, how do you know this? Is she posting on another thread?

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
F
OP Offline
F
Yes she's married and is in her 40's, has children as well.

M
M
Yes married, in 40s.

OK, you need to call her husband TODAY. And tell him.

He can be your strongest ally in breaking up this affair.

Explain to him the importance of establishing no contact. One of them MUST quit their job.

W
W
Looks like your H has a choice to make. Either he
1. cuts things off with his "friend"
2. watch his marriage die

Surprisingly WS with such a question will chose choice number 2. This is not an ultimatum, but a fact that his contact with another woman is hurting you, and ruining your marriage.

Even if she is just a friend, which I doubt, it is still not appropriate to have a close friendship with someone of the opposite sex. Notice that even if she were "just a friend" that it is still hurting you? It is not appropriate.

F
OP Offline
F
When I confronted her, she spilled the beans to her hubbie and I don't know what the fall out was from that but she must have pulled the wool over his eyes pretty well because they are still together.

M
M
Originally Posted by fiftysomething
When I confronted her, she spilled the beans to her hubbie and I don't know what the fall out was from that but she must have pulled the wool over his eyes pretty well because they are still together.

How do you KNOW she told her husband?

W
W
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Originally Posted by Wheels_spinning

How long did the A last?

fifties answers:
3 children, 16,12,9
21 yrs, yes
work
Discovered in email
Not yet.

Wheels, how do you know this? Is she posting on another thread?

Yeah found it in the newbies thread because sapph linked her to it. smile Gotta see what my babe is up to, I never stop snooping.

P
P
Ahhhh.... I see.

Yup, trust but verify.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
M
Call him. Talk to him yourself. Tell him what you know.

Today.

S
S
fifty, I am so sorry you are here. I see that you have started reading the thread that was started to help newly betrayed, that is a good first step.

I was reading your post and I was nodding all the time. I don't know if you started reading any other threads, but I will tell you that my WH said the SAME THINGS. by the time I found MB and this forum, my WHs affair was so totally entrenched that he decided he was going to leave me and our children and he was going to move in with his "friend" into her "spare room." Well, I installed a keylogger and I found one sided chats that had my WH talking about sex with OW. Needless to say, I was devastated, but i followed the principles on here and I have done the best I can in this HUGE mess.

So, what are you going to do? Exactly what Sapphire has suggested. You need to snoop and get the evidence and then prepare to expose this affair and blow it out of the water.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
F
OP Offline
F
I'm scared to because he's such a fly off the handle wacko, there's no telling what he'd do. Kill someone? I'm sure he'd not be an ally. I don't even think he's employed. I don't know what to do.

W
W
No need to ally yourself with him. He has his own marriage to work on. Did your H tell you that he is violent? or do you know him personally?

F
OP Offline
F
I've thought of that and I don't know for sure.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 360 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation