Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
S
Originally Posted by fiftysomething
I know he'd not take me because he'd say it's not allowed to bring spouses. I'd love to go along.

Trust me, YOU CAN GO!! YOU ARE HIS WIFE!!

And the reason why he say's "your not allowed" is because that means he wont be able to sleep with his g/f on the trip.

I would call his work, don't tell him that he is having an affair if that is what you are afraid of (that would have been my first move by the way) anyway ask his boss if spouses can come on the trip, as long as you pay for yourself. THERE is where you will find the truth!

Once you find out that YOU CAN COME, then EVERYTHING your husband has told you was ALL LIES!

My husband wheels works for the government, and if I'M ALLOWED on THOSE business trips then SURELY you can be there with your husband.

GOOD LUCK!!

S
S
**raising hand**

I am another one whose "poor" OW was abused by her very mean and violent fiance. Imagine my surprise when I come here and I find out this is very very common for waywards to say.

This is most likely a lie. I hope you will listen to us and call the OWH. That's Step #1.

Next, what type of phone does he have? Go and check flexispy.com to see if it is compatible. If it is, you can download it and it will email you basically a copy of everything being texted and emailed thru the phone.

Third, put a VAR in the car.

The worst thing you can do is stick your head in the sand and hope this goes away. If you read up on the Basic Concepts and understand the Love Bank, OW is just cha-chinging more and more LB$ deposits into your H's bank every day and he falls more in love with her. The feelings don't just "go away". NC is the only way for your H to fall back in love with you.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
Fifty, I thought that my WH had very little unaccounted for time, until I looked at his pay stubs and realized that he would leave work early and take vacation days and guess where he was going? Yep, going to see OW. When I received the phone call from his work by a co-worker of theirs, I WISH WISH WISH I had found this place. I MAY have been able to nip this in the bud before it went PA and he left me and our 2 young children to go live WITH OW.

There is only ONE guarantee that I can give you right now. If You DON'T follow MB, you will live through YEARS of this and you will WANT a divorce in the end. You will grow to HATE your WH and you won't want anything to do with him. THAT WILL HAPPEN.

Follow what DrH suggests and understand that there is a narrow path to recovery.

Have you read up on Plan A? You should start with your Plan A efforts while you are gathering your proof so you can expose.

I bet that if you call OWH, he will tell you some info that you didn't know. When one person recently contacted the OMW in their sitch, she told him about things she had seen and the puzzle pieces started fitting together. You SHOULD do something in the way of snooping. You need to for yourself.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
F
OP Offline
F
Is it possible to go back to being just friends after being romantically involved? WS says it is. I am skeptical but I dont have a lot experience in this arena. They see, talk work together everyday.

C
C
Would it be possible for you?

This is wayward-speak, and its his way of cake-eating. he wants to keep the fantasy alive that it was OK to have the affair and there was reason for it.

Be ready for more advice dear from those who know. Lol, I can hear it coming with this question.

Hang in there, help is on its way.

C
C
Originally Posted by Scotland
..There is only ONE guarantee that I can give you right now. If You DON'T follow MB, you will live through YEARS of this and you will WANT a divorce in the end. You will grow to HATE your WH and you won't want anything to do with him. THAT WILL HAPPEN...

Good advice.

S
S
Is it possible to go back to being just friends after being romantically involved? WS says it is. I am skeptical but I dont have a lot experience in this arena. They see, talk work together everyday.

No it is not possible, and anyone that say's this are LAIRS!

C
C
Originally Posted by MelodyLane--quote=Scotland
Second, I read a couple of days ago, a post by MrW(I think) about how Plan B isn't really about saving one's marriage. As a BW, who has been in Plan B for almost 8 months, I was UPSET. DrH suggests that BWs only Plan A for 3-4 weeks and then go into Plan B. He also suggests that BHs Plan A for about 6 months and then go to Plan B. Now, if that means that Plan B is REALLY about PERSONAL recovery than wouldn't that mean that DrH is telling BWs that there is NO CHANCE? I don't remember reading anywhere that DrH believes this to be true.
/quote]

Scotland, he is not telling BS' there is no chance. He is saying there is LESS CHANCE if you don't. Plan B is about removing yourself from the circle of abuse from the affair. Staying in contact with an active wayward is dangerous because it depletes the lovebank so badly that feelings can turn to hate.

[quote=Dr Harley--Plan B is not designed to send a message to your husband, or to let him think about how much he'll miss you after a divorce. It is designed to protect you from the emotional fallout of your husband's affair. It's a risky move, because it often leads to divorce. But the alternatives are even worse. If you don't go to plan B, when it's all over, you'd be an emotional basketcase.[/quote

[quote=Dr Harley--When a WS refuses to leave the lover, there are no good options for the BS. At first, plan A is recommended because there is a slim hope (15%) that, with encouragement, a WS will make the decision to leave the lover. But 85% don't do that, even when plan A is implemented perfectly.

That leaves two other choices which are both bad. The first is to continue plan A indefinitely, trying to encourage the WS to leave the lover, and the second is to initiate plan B, which is to completely separate from the WS.

The problem with a coninuation of plan A is that it usually leads to severe emotional symptoms, including years of post-traumatic stress disorder, even when the WS eventually returns. Many women that I've counseled actually have nervous breakdowns in their effort to draw their WS back to them. Instead of making the BS attractive to the WS, plan A actually makes these poor women so unattractive that it completely eliminates all hope of reconciliation. And 95% of all affairs eventually "die a natural death." If you do absolutely nothing, they usually end.

So I've recommended plan B rather early in the effort to separate the WS from his lover. In your case, you've noticed that you have experienced a detached feeling about it all, even your husband's filing for divorce. That's the way it's supposed to turn out. You are far more attractive while in emotional control of yourself than you would ever be begging and pleading for his return. You tried that tactic already, and it hasn't worked.

Plan B doesn't always work, but it does protect you from the intense emotional pain that you could be experiencing day in and day out. Your husband may divorce you, but it won't be because you have implemented plan B. And if he returns to you, it won't be because you have implemented plan B. But if he does return, with a sincere willingness to completely leave his lover and follow our plan for recovery, he'll find a wife who is still sane if you follow plan B.
[/quote

from His Needs, Her Needs, pg 168

"A separation is helpful in protecting the emotions of the betrayed spouse. But another reason a separation is helpful is that the betrayed spouse withholds the fulfillment of needs he/she performed prior to the affair. In most cases, a lover meets one to two important emotional needs, and a spouse meets two or three. The wayward spouse comes to realize that the lover cannot meet needs his/her spouse had met and it sometimes leads to the realization that "you can't have your cake and eat it too." A separation may also result in the opportunity for unpleasant experiences between a spouse and a lover, driving down the Love Bank account, but don't count on it."

In summation, Scotland, Plan B gives your marriage the best chance possible even though the odds are bad when a spouse will not end his affair. And if your WS does not wake up and come back you are better prepared for divorce because you will be emotionally detached at that point.

This is the best way I could quote Melody lane so it was easly readable to you.

C
C
And here is my post on the same thread. It appears you are suffering as I did. accepting less and less untill you seem to have dissapeared. You will I guarantee it if you put up with his crap. The worse thing is that now you don't feel or think your worth it.

The eroding of your self worth and confidance sneaks in slowly. Nobody married to anybody can escape thier influance on them. No matter how strong you think you are. That love you had has been tossed away as so much trash by your H. It doesn't mean anything to him now. He is what we call "gaslighting" you now. making you think your crazy for doubting him and guilty for not "understanding".

Please trust me, and the fine people here, we are not people out on a witch hunt and bitter. Many former wayward spouses are here also on this board also. We care about both of you, but right now you are the one hurting the most, He is like an addict where his mind is reeling in a fantasy. He wont listen untill the drug is removed from the picture COMPLETLY. He should be treated like an addict only because he is one. The dopamine is flowing about her, don't fool yourself. This is not your fault.

I don't care if hes home, he is still sick. For your sake and indirectly your Hs sake, let MB help you in this. i wish I had found it a long time ago but I too would have said "its different with me, they don't understand, I know her, shes not like that" But the truth is they are/were and denial will kill your soul more than the truth.

Where is the Love in that.

-------here is the post from UMMM, I installed a keylogger. Scotlands thread---

Originally Posted by Dr Harley
Plan B is not designed to send a message to your husband, or to let him think about how much he'll miss you after a divorce. It is designed to protect you from the emotional fallout of your husband's affair. It's a risky move, because it often leads to divorce. But the alternatives are even worse. If you don't go to plan B, when it's all over, you'd be an emotional basketcase.

Have you MET me? I am the poster child, and no I don't get credit for loving her. I lost site how to when I stopped loving myself. For a whole lot of reasons, I compromised what I knew was right and accepted what I never should have for a long time, and I am suffering from it now.

Originally Posted by Dr Harley
..The problem with a coninuation of plan A is that it usually leads to severe emotional symptoms, including years of post-traumatic stress disorder, even when the WS eventually returns. Many women that I've counseled actually have nervous breakdowns in their effort to draw their WS back to them. Instead of making the BS attractive to the WS, plan A actually makes these poor women so unattractive that it completely eliminates all hope of reconciliation.

..works when men dive into the mess too. Do you really think I didn't "know better" when I chased her and took all the blame? It took years of breaking down good boundaries for me to fall apart, but fall apart I did. Let me tell you, that damage is worse than what my WW dealt out. What I did to myself.

I am currently seeing a therapist and I know I have along journey back.

Plan B, well someone out of the two should have thier feet on planet earth while they refuse to be part of a relationship as abusive as an affiar. Its a priviledge to be real isn't it? What many BSs seem to realize is that they are the priveledged ones, not the foolish and lost waywards. If Plan B is a cancer to the way it "Used to be" then let it kill it. The BSs will benifet from something completly new, not from new wine put back in the old skins.

If the marriage is to be recovered then let the BS put the past problems behind along with the Foggy alien Pod and welcome the new, humble, reformed partner to a completly new relationship. I can't see that happening if they stay in plan A and get abused, as a matter of fact I know from experience it doesn't work, and you both go down the foggy drain.

The marriage is a priveledge, not a right, and like any privelige if it is abused it colapses and becomes a curse, especially when it involves abusing someone selfishly and tearing thier heart out as it is in affairs. Marriage is also a powerful tool if treated with respect, when we weild it right it strengthens each other beyond what we could do alone.

The tool has sharp teeth, when someone abuses it they destroy themselves and the marriage partner. Getting away from an abusive one and protecting yourself is the only wise option. You are worth it.

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
S
S
You are being gaslighted. I sure hope you don't fall for this.

My H told me that OW wasn't working the same shift with him anymore and they wouldn't see each other. All lies. The fact that he is even trying this "friends" approach with you indicates to me that he feels he can talk you into things against your better judgement.

Just to be clear, no, it is not possible. NC means NC. Even just glancing at each other will trigger the addictive thoughts and feelings and the infatuation continues...and your H won't be able to fall back in love with you.

Have you read the "false recovery" thread? It should be somewhere on the first or second page here.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
P
P

G
G
FST,

You wrote....

Is it possible to go back to being just friends after being romantically involved?

Nope not now, not ever! My wife was involved with OM 20+ years ago, a chance meeting with OM about 5 or so years ago renewed it as if it happened all over.

God Bless
Gamma

Gamma #2417955 08/17/10 04:22 PM
F
OP Offline
F
So should I start implementing Plan A even though NC isn't present?

S
S
Yes still be in plan A, but just so you know there will be no recovery while he is still seeing her, figure out how long you can handle this plan A, once you feel like your LB is going empty then start preparing yourself for plan B.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 284 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation