Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
writer1 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Faith, we generally do take the baby for a walk at least 2 or 3 times a week, and I do count that as UA time, since she's just sitting in her stroller and we can talk. We haven't been doing it lately because we've had a heat wave and it's still been in the upper 90's even at 10 o'clock at night. Ugh!

I used to keep a journal of sorts. I used to do something called Morning Pages, which is basically just 3 pages of free writing first thing in the morning about whatever is on your mind. I need to get back to that. My son went back to school a couple of weeks ago and it's really thrown off my schedule.

Prayer? Yeah, well, there's that. Not doing so good on that one. Long story.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
T
T
I'm sorry you are struggling, writer. I don't have any profound advice, but I do want to say thank you. Some of what you have expressed about yourself sounds like my DH. He just doesn't think about SF. And then when I think I have hinted all day long and he doesn't get my "hints" at bedtime I feel rejected. Yet, I am afraid to initiate outright at times. I have done the cry myself to sleep thing ff talked about.

But hearing you write about it....I can see that my DH probably has his own struggles about it, and that he probably does in fact care. I needed to remember that.

DH also has some "issues" at times because he has been type I diabetic for so long. I hope this isn't TMI, but I finally told him that there are other ways besides the "act" that work just as well so I don't care if...things don't always work right. And when he does go ahead and take care of me during those times, I brag on him big time. I think that makes a difference.

Okay, I am not a bit embarrassed, so I am going away. But thank you for being willing to open up and share this. It has really realigned some of my perspective today.

T
T
I meant to say I am NOW a bit embarrassed.....yeesh

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 594 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation