Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
D
Hi Bob.. thanks. I hope the stories can help others who are in the same position to rethink their actions before its too late.

Dev BS - 31 (me) WW - 29 M ~2 years, No kids DDay - 2nd Dec 2006 Exposed - 15th Jan 2007 NC started - 14th Jan 2007 NC broken 23rd Jan 2007 NC broken many times since Status: WS moved out 22 March 07 "to think"; A ongoing still; 2nd July 2007 - signed Divorce papers "I'm done!"
_
_

No problem.

Larry

F
F
pep
Not everyone is brave.
Not everyone can fight this ultimate demon
Some people just want peace from the hopeless agony of betrayal.
I don't think Mike did this TO his WS and DD. He just needed out. Poor ******.
Maybe I am soft 'cos I was two feet to the left from preceding him eight months ago.
Horrible all round. Horrible...

I know this pain.. I was just like Mike fir awhile but then went too far the other way, becoming a hateful, screaming, vindictive, abusive shrew. Now I'm trying to learn the MB way...

B
OP Offline
B
^ bumped as requested ^

MB Alumni
R
RIF Offline
R
***Bumping up for new BS***

Me, BS

Her, Forgiven

Married Dec 86

Multiple A's that ended '90

Rebuilding In Faith since then...

Currently deployed to Iraq, but TEXAS is Home!
B
OP Offline
B
* bumping * for new BS.

Retaining your dignity in an undignified situation might just save your life.

MB Alumni
K
K
Bob,

What a story. I can certainly relate to a certain extent.

My first thought, as awful as it is, was, "If he was going to kill himself anyway, why not execute OM first?"

Divorced
B
OP Offline
B
Hi K

Knowing Mike as I do ( sorry DID), I suspect it wasn't a big theatrically planned thing. He just got too sad and hopeless to want to breathe anymore.

MB Alumni
S
S
I'm interested in what has happened with his family (WS and daughter) since then. How is the daughter doing? This is just so horrible. I had some pretty dark days in the beginning, so dark I cringe when I think about them. I never considered leaving my son, not for a minute, but I can understand it.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
B
OP Offline
B
Hi SL !

Well in the last year or so Squid has virtually quit Karate so I don't get to hear any of the updates nowadays. Last I heard Roxy was turning 18 and had something of a trouble set of relationships, unsurprisingly.

Joan is a drinking lush who moves from partner to partner. Roxy had nothing to do with her as of a year ago. I dunno if that changed.

And they call them " love affairs". Should call them pain affairs instead.

MB Alumni
B
B
Originally Posted by Bob_Pure
And they call them " love affairs". Should call them pain affairs instead.

That is a great quote! What happened to the a**hole fireman? Whatever fog she may have been in, he knew exactly what he was doing to that poor man.

Oh I used to be disgusted and now I try to be amused. But since their wings have got rusted,
you know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes.
But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain, that's when I knew that I could not refuse.

And I won't get any older, now the angels wanna wear my red shoes.
B
OP Offline
B
Hi Blade

I dunno what happened to the OM fireman. Didn't stay with Joan for long. Hardly worth all the hurt for them was it ?

MB Alumni
S
S
That just stinks.

The kids really do get the poo end of the stick in all this, don't they. BOTH of her parents cut out on her. Talk about rejection at it's worst. I can understand Roxy getting into one bad relationship after another, at this point; her self worth must be in the toilet. She's probably pretty lost. It hurts to read stories like this. What an utter waste.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
M
M
bump

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
T
Update on joan, roxy, fireman?

How long did it take for the OM to dump joan?

B
B
That is so sad. While I would never kill myself I can understand wanting to escape the nightmare.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
M
M
bump

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Thank you, Melody. UC, are you reading this?
Mulan

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
Z
Z
Bob, I have a similar story. I once deposed a guy claiming a back injury and , shortly after the deposition, learned he had hanged himself in his garage.
Seems his wife was cheating on him and he discovered it by the caller ID on his phone. She was supposed to be in California with her sister , but called from Texas. He eventually found out she was with the neighbor guy at a hotel down there.
Long story short, the woman moved out to be with the OM. Thye would ride their snowmobiles through his yard and taunt the poor BS. Thye had two kids and one of the girls found him in the garage.
To make matters worse, the WW then filed a worker's compensation claim, claiming that the guy's work related back injury caused him to be depressed leading to suicide.
I was busy and we farmed this case out to another lawyer, a well known big shot in work comp in Minnesota.
Well, unbelievably, he settled with the woman and her kids for a decent amount of money.
It was insane IMO. It was clear this guy's back injury had nothiong to do with his suicide and the cheating wife walked of woith about 60,000. I never should have let this go from my office.

S
S
I attempted suicide after Dday...and it is selfish...but just so you know the frame of mind I was in...my WH was basically throwing me away like trash, telling me he never loved me, he never wanted DS, never wanted to get married, basically that our whole 15 years together was a lie.

And of course he was saying it was all my fault...the pain I felt was unimaginable..it was a pain in my gut, I saw no escape from it...I saw no future for my life...My WH was saying things like if my depression was passed on to DS that it was all my fault, he kept telling me how he didnt love me and he loved someone else....

I felt that truly my DS would be better off..if Wh thought this OW was so great that WH and OW would take good care of DS and that no one needed me....I felt like a burden, I felt like if I raised my DS I would ruin him and he deserved better then me. I need this horrible feeling to go away and badly....I was a mess now and was in such pain that I was kind of useless to my DS at the time after dday....What kind of mother could I be, my WH had convinced me that I was no use to anyone....and being depressed before Dday he easily convinced me....

So I chose to end it all for everyones sake....luckily I had a vision befor I passed out of DS goin to school and telling his classmates that his mom was dead.....I got help in time and DS still has his mom....and I am a great mom....I know that NOBODY loves DS like I do. He is my baby and I am so glad I am still here to share his life with him. I got help for my depression and am on wonderful meds that I have needed for a long while.

So my point is you never know what is goin on in a persons mind and I feel for BS that succeeded in suicide and their families. My WS said to me when I woke up in the hospital "just tell the doctors that your H loves someone else that I dont love you anymore" and "That was selfish of you to do that werent you thinking of DS"

So I dont really know if WS' ever "get it" my WH did not blame his actions at all. I think my WS would have had it made with out me.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 457 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation