Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
THG12 #2449545 12/07/10 09:58 AM
M
M
Originally Posted by THG12
MelodyLane --> Thank you for the telephone coaching information. While this forum has been extremely helpful, I think it is time to discuss this in more detail with someone.

I agree 100%. I think the benefit for you is that the counselor can motivate your wife to leave the job and commit to the marriage. They can persuade her to get on board.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
THG12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thanks again MelodyLane and everyone I appreciate the support. I have a call scheduled with Dr. Harley tomorrow.

It is a suffering we must all bear. Strong efforts to prevent it from happening again. The opposite of covering up is uncovering or disclosing - The Pope
THG12 #2449547 12/07/10 10:05 AM
M
M
Originally Posted by THG12
Thanks again MelodyLane and everyone I appreciate the support. I have a call scheduled with Dr. Harley tomorrow.

That is great!! You are a real trooper, THG, and I know you will do just great..

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

THG12 #2449557 12/07/10 10:43 AM
N
N
THG,

IN ADDITION to the telephone coaching, you might also try Marriage Builders Radio

You get to talk directly to Dr Harley (he's magnificent!) and you get a free Marriage Builders book sent to you for calling. Again, you don't HAVE to give your "real" name on the radio. Great programs! You can listen to them here on this site also... Marriage Builders Radio Archive

There's another thread with info on the MB Radio on the Announcment Forum. Want Dr Harley's Advice? MB Radio! Check it out!!

Last edited by Nerlycrzy; 12/07/10 10:49 AM. Reason: add links

Dday- Feb 1998
Recovered!!
D
D
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Keep in mind, that even though she might not be in an active affair she will remain in the fog every day she sees him, which precludes her from ever recovering the marriage.

yes, yes, yes

Reread this 1,000 times if you must, THG!

FBW in recovery
T
T
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
Time to go get a lawyer file a sex harassment suit. Good shot the Co. will offer a severance package to make this go away.
I've got no quarrel with the rest of your post, road, but remember: THG can't file a sexual harassment lawsuit. WW has to. I don't think she intends to do that. Not for a minute.

Sorry if my writting was not clear. English is my first language. I know, and meant that being WW is so worried about money her BH should just say time to lawyer up and sue.

THG12 #2449584 12/07/10 12:10 PM
M
M
A previous poster stated that separation is required to create castle walls to protect myself.

I think you may have misread the Boundaries post. The boundary itself creates the castle wall, whether you are separated or not.

That's why boundaries are cool.

And I am also very glad that you will be calling the Harleys. I think you will get terrific help and support from them.

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
S
S
Originally Posted by TheRoad
[quote=maritalbliss] [quote]
Sorry if my writting was not clear. English is my first language.
It is, or did you mean it isn't?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
L
L
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Put a hidden GPS on her car.
Sorry for TJ.....
Pepperband,
I would also like to hide a GPS but don't know where to start. I want one that just records so I can look at it. All I have found are expensive ones that you need to buy a plan for. I have to be careful about leaving a credit card trail. Any suggestions for original poster and myself?

BW 46
XWH 46
Boys 17 & 19
Girls 16 & 10
D-day #1 12/2006 (confessed affair in 2004 w/BF & his wife)
D-day #2 10/2008 (denied by XWH)
D-day #3 10/2010
Kick WH out 01/2011 he files for D
D finally final 03/2012
I'm free!
J
J
Thg12,
You have made the right move by calling the Harley's hopefully you can get your wife to talk to Dr. Harley as well...........remember it all takes time, you have a long way to go...........this is a tough journey, no doubt.............

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
M
M
Sorry if my writting was not clear. English is my first language. I know, and meant that being WW is so worried about money her BH should just say time to lawyer up and sue.
Oh, gotcha - that would be a great thing, if WW would do it. I'll bet they would come up with a nice severance package for her.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

T
T
Originally Posted by SugarCane
[quote=TheRoad][quote=maritalbliss]
It is, or did you mean it isn't?

Why are you picking on me? MrRollieEyes

S
S
Sorry, Road. I didn't mean to pick on you. I'm sorry if I caused any offence.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Theroad, I didn't think she was picking on you and I wanted to ask the same question. The context of that statement looks like it was intended to say English is NOT my first language but you left out a word. That is why she asked. Yet, it seems to me that English is your first language, which is why your comment surprised me.

Exposure 101

T
T
Theroad, I didn't think she was picking on you and I wanted to ask the same question. The context of that statement looks like it was intended to say English is NOT my first language but you left out a word. That is why she asked. Yet, it seems to me that English is your first language, which is why your comment surprised me.

Melodylane, I would expect that you would of realized that I had originally poked fun at myself for not being clear. rant2 rant2 rant2 rant2

M
M
Melodylane, I would expect that you would of realized that I had originally poked fun at myself for not being clear. rant2 rant2 rant2 rant2

Before I chime in, here's what you originally said:

At the time, I thought you were being sarcastic with me. I just chose to ignore the sarcasm.

Sometimes it's hard to emote on a bulletin board. Maybe if you'd used a smiley it would have diluted what appeared to be a harsh comment?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M

ahhhhh, thanks for explaining!! laugh

Exposure 101

T
T

At the time, I thought you were being sarcastic with me. I just chose to ignore the sarcasm.

Sometimes it's hard to emote on a bulletin board. Maybe if you'd used a smiley it would have diluted what appeared to be a harsh comment?

So many thin skinned people here! rant2

Oh, should I of said "So many thin skinned people around here!"? MrRollieEyes

So many people can't take a joke? sigh

Even when I was originally poking fun at myself! rant2 faint

banghead banghead banghead banghead banghead banghead banghead banghead

M
M

I thought it was a humorous sarcastic comment about what a terrible language English is. smile

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
T
T
Originally Posted by markos

I thought it was a humorous sarcastic comment about what a terrible language English is. smile

I'm not smart enough to be humorous and sarcastic in the same sentence. MrRollieEyes

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 118 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ClarencePeterson, ColsDawg, dr. lan smith, Dexterman2024, jonesbarry055
71,869 Registered Users
Latest Posts
On the same page...in a bad way
by BrainHurts - 09/20/24 04:27 PM
Welcome New Members!
by ClarencePeterson - 09/20/24 01:05 AM
Deep hurt
by Iceprincess - 09/18/24 12:07 PM
Before reentry into dating
by Dr. Harley - 09/13/24 04:18 AM
Involucrar o no a la familia por apoyo
by BrainHurts - 09/03/24 02:02 PM
Wife bought THC gummies and lied to hide it
by BrainHurts - 09/02/24 09:16 PM
Child activities
by thirdtimesacharm - 08/23/24 04:56 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,606
Posts2,323,412
Members71,869
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation