Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
H
H
Originally Posted by SusieQ
Originally Posted by HerPapaBear
Check out wulfpackgirl's thread in recovery.... There is a link to his program about how this wayward wife needs to basically PlanA for as long as it takes to bring her reluctant BS back in to the marriage. To put her taker away!
I think this would be a great approach for SWS.

What do you think of Plan A, SWS?

What about the suggestion of calling the coaching center? What do you think?

Keep in mind, it's a quasi PlanA - sws will not be dealing with the abuse of an active wayward.... It's very easy to do this under these conditions.... I did it!

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
S
S
Check out wulfpackgirl's thread in recovery.... There is a link to his program about how this wayward wife needs to basically PlanA for as long as it takes to bring her reluctant BS back in to the marriage. To put her taker away!
I think this would be a great approach for SWS.

What do you think of Plan A, SWS?

What about the suggestion of calling the coaching center? What do you think?

Keep in mind, it's a quasi PlanA - sws will not be dealing with the abuse of an active wayward.... It's very easy to do this under these conditions.... I did it!

Absolutely!

I suggested he get into the mindset of Plan A in terms of meeting ENs/avoiding lovebusters and expecting nothing in return earlier. (SWS never responded....just sayin'...)

I think it's important he gets into this mindset now as his BW has expressed frustration/concern over his wanting admiration/needs met.

Last edited by SusieQ; 12/21/10 11:37 AM.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the varied opinions. I think it will really be about sitting with my wife and seeing what is going to work best for both of us. If it were all up to me, I wouldn't move out. But her pain is so severe I can see that seeing me is going to be hard for her. I leave for the States tomorrow, and will be home on the 23rd. What she has told me is that I can stay until the beginning of the year, so at least there will be a little time at home. I hope we can work out an agreement for going forward with us both in the house after that. But I have got to be sensitive to the pain I caused her. I'm not sure I see how the BS out there were able to tolerate having someone in the house who willfully hurt them. I am preparing myself for the possibility that it could be years before she even would consider working on our relationship.

J
J
You're failing to recognise that this (as well as any other) wayward, effectively ENDED the marriage once the infidelity occured.

BS. The marriage isn't over until a divorce is final. Just ask your wife. If the WS wants a divorce, they can get a divorce. Telling a WS they either need to end their affair or leave the marital home is a perfectly reasonable request. Now that the affair is over, living in your own home that you pay the mortgage for is not a selfish demand. I understand that SWS needs to be sensitive to his BS's needs, but complete and total conflict avoidance isn't going to help his marriage. In fact, it will help his BW disconnect from him. Remember, conflict is better than withdrawal. And if withdrawal is what his BS wants, she can be a big girl and file the legal papers herself to make that happen. I'm saying, he shouldn't just give into everything his BW asks for. He should work this out with the MB marriage coaching to determine a mutually agreeable arrangement. I'm not saying at all that the BS should be a doormat. But I'm not saying the WS should be the BS's doormat until the WS wants to working on the marriage again.

Why is everyone getting so PO'ed at me. All I'm saying is discuss the living arrangement with the Harley's and work out something they can mutually agree upon. That doesn't sound so awful.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
J
J
Originally Posted by seriously_WS
Thanks for the varied opinions. I think it will really be about sitting with my wife and seeing what is going to work best for both of us. If it were all up to me, I wouldn't move out. But her pain is so severe I can see that seeing me is going to be hard for her. I leave for the States tomorrow, and will be home on the 23rd. What she has told me is that I can stay until the beginning of the year, so at least there will be a little time at home. I hope we can work out an agreement for going forward with us both in the house after that. But I have got to be sensitive to the pain I caused her. I'm not sure I see how the BS out there were able to tolerate having someone in the house who willfully hurt them. I am preparing myself for the possibility that it could be years before she even would consider working on our relationship.

Do yourself a huge favor and schedule some phone counseling with the Harleys. You two are in some desparate need for some clear guidance.

Also, when you are home, make yourself as tolerable as possible so she doesn't want to ask you to leave. Be on your best behavior.

Last edited by jmwc95; 12/21/10 12:07 PM.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
S
OP Offline
S
@SusieQ - I think I missed reading some posts...my first time on a board like this....

Good advice. I understand that nothing in return part. I am ready for that. I don't expect a thing for me. The problem to work through though is that she isn't even yet in the mood for me to meet any EN. We will see how it is when I am there later this week, but the conversations for the past couple of days have gotten to the point where I suspect that me trying to meet needs, and be an engaged husband would infuriate her even more.

How would one execute a reverse PlanA? right now my "plan" if there is such a thing in a situation like this is a)continue keeping commitments I make to her, to my church, and to myself. b) be a good father, and do all that I know I should c) let her know that I am here, committed to her, willing to humbly be at her mercy - and that I love her.

I signed up for the online seminar with accountability coaching. I asked her about it two days ago, and she said I could if I wanted. Once I'm back on Thursday, I will speak to her about doing a phone session.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
The WS is in no position to make demands. That would be a HUGE mistake. When you have just assaulted your spouse you are in no position to make demands. He needs to back off and let her run this show. Don't add insult to injury by making demands. The WS is not entitled to resume his marriage after what he did; that is up to the BS entirely if the marriage goes on.

She may decide she doesn't want to continue the marriage and that is her prerogative. But pushing her into a wall will not help that situation.

Amen. I agree with you. I effectively divorced her already by doing what I did. If she wants to leave, that is her choice now. If she has any desire of trying, then we can start in with the MB stuff. All I can do is be engaged and ready to do what she needs.

S
S
I signed up for the online seminar with accountability coaching. I asked her about it two days ago, and she said I could if I wanted. Once I'm back on Thursday, I will speak to her about doing a phone session.

I would make the phone session a priority. That's why I used the word emergency session. They will talk to you two separately which I think your BW will appreciate. I wouldn't put it off...

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
H
H
Originally Posted by markos
I think this would be a wonderful question to hear Dr. Harley address on the radio in the next couple of days.

He already did address this, just a week or so ago!

Indeed he did.

Why?

Because when the affair is not active, when the affair is over, Plan A is less draining.

So, in the case of WPG, she is in a pseudo-Plan A - meet EN's/avoid LB's - and Dr. Harley predicted that by this time next year, Broken's withdrawal will.... break.

Not Nostradamus, but I tend to think he'll be proven right.

A lot has been discussed here about what a WS should do, what a BS should do, who has what rights, so on and so forth... and as a BS, I totally get the idea of painting a WS as a criminal... HOWEVER, I don't really live in a world where criminals are stripped of all their humanity because of their crimes. I also live in a world, where people read a book which contains a story in which a criminal is given the ultimate reward for repentance just moments before his death.

I participate in a forum where there a lot of people holding rocks... can anyone guess the next line?

As a betrayed spouse, we get 1... O-N-E, free "let-it-fly" card. We can drop it all, and we can divorce.

If she doesn't want him in the home, if she doesn't want him in the bed, she can file. The affair is not active, she is not in Plan B.

I've dug through enough threads here to know that if the actions were reversed per role that the advice would be the opposite.

This isn't about BS "rights" versus WS "rights."

Let's resolve this situation:

[Linked Image from silentespeaks.com]

IF IT DOESN'T WORK WHEN IT'S THE WS TRYING TO NOT SLEEP IN THE MARITAL BED AND TRYING TO LEAVE THE MARITAL HOME IT DOES NOT FREAKING WORK FOR THE BS TO KICK THE WS OUT OF THE MARITAL BED OR MARITAL HOME!

Hello?

Can we get off the coddle bus, and get down to some truthiness?

Please?

Last edited by HeadHeldHigh; 12/21/10 12:28 PM.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
S
S
I understand that nothing in return part.
This is not the sense I got from your wife at all. It also sounds like you need to work on lovebusters (as most of us do before we learn about MB!). Lovebusters will drain and LB$ deposits quicker than you can make deposits so read up on those first.

If you work with the coaching center they will guide you will what kinds of things you should be saying/doing. I really get the sense that you are making your W uncomfortable in your conversations so I think you will benefit greatly from their help.

Last edited by SusieQ; 12/21/10 12:32 PM.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
S
OP Offline
S

I would make the phone session a priority. That's why I used the word emergency session. They will talk to you two separately which I think your BW will appreciate. I wouldn't put it off...

I have emailed my wife and told her I was scheduling a phone appt, and asked her if she would join me once I got a time.

H
H

I have emailed my wife and told her I was scheduling a phone appt, and asked her if she would join me once I got a time.

This is a great way to begin! smile

Recovery began 10/07;

L
L
Jim ~

I've been following seriously's thread as well as SWS's...

I am NOT a MB Vet yet. Still trying to earn my "wings"...LOL
grin

In the articles & books my H and I have read so far, I have understood that Dr. H's legitimate reasons for separation are for:
1. Abuse (Physical)
2. Plan B

I may have missed something somewhere... That is why I asked HPB, yesterday, to provide the information he is using when he states that seriously's wishes for SWS to move out of his home is paramount to SWS's need to be in his home... Still waiting for the information from HPB... toe tap

That said, I am going to be very interested in the wise counsel SWS & Seriously receives from MB...

I do not think anyone is "PO'd" at you... Not at all! I think it is simply a matter of this being a place where there is healthy "discussion" about the interpretation of MB Concepts... We will receive clarification via SWS & Seriously after their sessions...

Hang in there... You ARE a credible source of information here! It's "newbies" like me who thrive on rational, cognitive dialogue in order to "learn"!

Don't know if this will help anyone, but I sent a link to my daughter this morning regarding: R.E.B.T. (Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy)
This is an awesome "tool" that, when I actually "apply" it, I "somehow" avoid being:
1. Irrational
2. Illogical
3. Destructive
And / Or
4. "ALL OF THE ABOVE"!
MrRollieEyes

http://www.rebtnetwork.org/whatis.html

God Bless ~
smile

P.S. I honestly believe that most MB Posters are "teachable" / willing to "learn"...

"Now is the time for all good MB Veterans to come to the aid of their MB Rookies!"
M
M
The bottom line is that every BS has a get out of marriage free card in the case of adultery. A WS is in no position to deny her that.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
Originally Posted by HeadHeldHigh
Originally Posted by markos
I think this would be a wonderful question to hear Dr. Harley address on the radio in the next couple of days.

He already did address this, just a week or so ago!

Indeed he did.

Why?

Because when the affair is not active, when the affair is over, Plan A is less draining. hurray

So, in the case of WPG, she is in a pseudo-Plan A - meet EN's/avoid LB's - and Dr. Harley predicted that by this time next year, Broken's withdrawal will.... break. faint

Not Nostradamus, but I tend to think he'll be proven right.

A lot has been discussed here about what a WS should do, what a BS should do, who has what rights, so on and so forth... and as a BS, I totally get the idea of painting a WS as a criminal... HOWEVER, I don't really live in a world where criminals are stripped of all their humanity because of their crimes. I also live in a world, where people read a think book think which contains a story in which a criminal is given the ultimate reward for repentance just moments before his death. think

I participate in a forum where there a lot of people holding rocks... can anyone guess the next line?

As a betrayed spouse, we get 1... O-N-E, free "let-it-fly" card. We can drop it all, and we can divorce.

If she doesn't want him in the home, if she doesn't want him in the bed, she can file. The affair is not active, she is not in Plan B.

I've dug through enough threads here to know that if the actions were reversed per role that the advice would be the opposite.

This isn't about BS "rights" versus WS "rights."

Let's resolve this situation:

[Linked Image from silentespeaks.com]
rotflmao

IF IT DOESN'T WORK WHEN IT'S THE WS TRYING TO NOT SLEEP IN THE MARITAL BED AND TRYING TO LEAVE THE MARITAL HOME IT DOES NOT FREAKING WORK FOR THE BS TO KICK THE WS OUT OF THE MARITAL BED OR MARITAL HOME!

Hello?

Can we get off the coddle bus, and get down to some truthiness?

Please?

HHH ~

This makes so much sense to me!
'Course I'm still a "Newbie"!!!
Gots-lots-ta-learn-yet
!!!!!!!

God Bless ~
grin

"Now is the time for all good MB Veterans to come to the aid of their MB Rookies!"
M
M

p.s. HHH, you crack me up immensely!! rotflmao

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
J
The bottom line is that every BS has a get out of marriage free card in the case of adultery. A WS is in no position to deny her that.

No spouse, betrayed or wayward, can keep their partner from getting a divorce (unless you live in some other strictly religious culture). It is physically impossible. But until the BS decides they are getting divorced, stay in the marital house. And by decide, I mean actually follow through. If you are a BS and want a divorce, march your behind down to the court and file. Don't expect your WS to take care of it all for you. If it is something you want, then you do it yourself. Until your are divorced, behave like a married person. That's not too much to ask.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
H
H
Originally Posted by LoveIsaChoice4Me
I may have missed something somewhere... That is why I asked HPB, yesterday, to provide the information he is using when he states that seriously's wishes for SWS to move out of his home is paramount to SWS's need to be in his home... Still waiting for the information from HPB... toe tap

Here is a thread you might enjoy reading.... and then take the time to read all the threads that have been started since then..... and then sign up and work the MB Weekend/seminar...... and then read all of Dr. Harley's private forum threads....... Then you won't have to tap your toe waiting for someone to spoonfeed you the information anymore, because you'll know where your information came from. Link

Recovery began 10/07;

H
H
Originally Posted by jmwc95

No spouse, betrayed or wayward, can keep their partner from getting a divorce (unless you live in some other strictly religious culture). It is physically impossible. But until the BS decides they are getting divorced, stay in the marital house. And by decide, I mean actually follow through. If you are a BS and want a divorce, march your behind down to the court and file. Don't expect your WS to take care of it all for you. If it is something you want, then you do it yourself. Until your are divorced, behave like a married person. That's not too much to ask.

Thanks for the info...... I've been sitting back eating popcorn waiting in anticipation for someone to disclose that no one can keep their partner from getting a divorce. MrRollieEyes

I guess when a BS wants to go in to PlanB, unless they file for divorce you would advise the wayward to stay in the marital home and tell the BS to suck it up.....

Recovery began 10/07;

H
H
Originally Posted by LoveIsaChoice4Me

Here is a thread you might enjoy reading.... and then take the time to read all the threads that have been started since then..... and then sign up and work the MB Weekend/seminar...... and then read all of Dr. Harley's private forum threads....... Then you won't have to tap your toe waiting for someone to spoonfeed you the information anymore, because you'll know where your information came from. Link

You, sir, ARE being heard... it's just you are being disagreed with.

Thank you for the link.

The "horse's mouth" reply, right off said link is:

Originally Posted by Dr. Harley
mtkat:

I agree with tst. There's no hope for your marriage as long as your husband has any contact with his lover/ex-lover. I've not had a chance to read everything on this sting, and I may be missing the point entirely, but I get the impression that his affair is driving you nuts. If he works with her, I can fully understand why.

I recommend plan B primarily to help a betrayed spouse avoid serious physical and mental damage due to the intense amount of stress that infidelity causes. The POJA does not apply in situations where a person's health or safety is at stake, and this is a good example of one of those situations. You must take steps to protect yourself, and that means violating the POJA under these conditions.

Plan A may apply to some extent until you implement plan B. It's always a good idea to have left a positive feeling in an US just before you leave. But you may be too upset to actually achieve it. As he gives you excuses for bad behavior, and lies about his whereabouts, you will not be able to respond appropriately. But once you're separated from your husband and have no contact with him, and have a chance to clear your head, I think you'll find that you can think this entire situation through more logically and unemotionally. In fact, I usually recommend that a BS in your position move to another city or state where you can be surrounded by those who love and care for you. Then, offer your husband the opportunity to move there with you. If he starts a new life with you somewhere else, it would make your recovery much easier. To stay put would make it almost impossible, especially if his lover is close by.

Best wishes
Willard F. Harley, Jr.

Nothing in there states anything about kicking a WS who is not; 1) still actively engaged in an affair, or 2) still in constant contact with an AP out of the marital bed or home.

In fact, what is stated is quite converse, though no less radical - moving with the WS (if possible) away from the AP, the general other city or state recommendation.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 730 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation