Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
G
Wow, GO. You and your wife are certainly a success story.

An affair is such a bad road to go down. Why anyone would choose to do that I don't know. It just snowballs. I see my hubby and I have a long way to go.

I came here less than a week after I physically cheated for the first time. I know I'm still messed up enough to think that it was better in my situation in that I didn't KEEP having a PA. The first time it became physical was also the last.

I'd like to thank you for posting on my thread and being the first one to actually get through to me.

Thank you again, and thank you both for sharing your story.

Sadly, it's truly experience that can speak to another in your shoes.

R
R
Virginia doesn't have a subway.

C
C
Originally Posted by RamonaQ

We have the VRE. It is part of the DC metro line. So, yes and no... We "sorta" have a subway...

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by RamonaQ
Well, you caught me, Ramona: It's technically the "Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority", with 19 stations in Virginia.
Yes, natives call it "the Metro", not "subway." But it's a train that goes underground; and I was born elsewhere, so I call it a subway. smirk

C
C
GO,
My husband forwarded this to me this morning. I choked up reading it because I, like you, will never know the horrible pain that I caused my BS.

Working hard to make it better.
CT

Me: WW41
Hubby: BH40...My Amazing forgiving man (CharpyTest)
DD: 8 DS: 8 DD: 6
EA/PA: 3 years
May 25, 2011 (Formal NC letter sent)
T
T
This almost killed me. Thank you.
Anyone who is foggy, even in the slightest, needs to read this immediately.
Thank you.

F
F
GO,

I stumbled across this last night and could not stop reading it. GO, any time I see a post with your name on it I have to read it. Reading this really hit home, hard! Like many others before me this story both broke and touched my heart.

Thank you for sharing, caring, and representing a true FW. I strive to be like you and this post reminded me that I will make mistakes along the way but I have to pick myself up and learn from them. It also reminded me of how lucky I am that my H has chosen to try to heal with me.

Thank you!!!!!

Me (WS) Husband (BS)
DS - 15
DD -10
My D-day - 11/12/11

Today Me (BS) H (WS)
D-Day #2 01/14/12
I don't want to just survive my affair, I want to recover from it!
H
H
Hey GO,

Hope you and the Ms' are doing well.
I just wanted to stop in and tell you both to have a great day.

grin

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks so much for the check-in, HPB.

We are doing well indeed.

TWC doesn't post here anymore, and probably only checks in to keep tabs on my occasional ravings, if she checks in at all. (And that doesn't bother me, that she keeps mum, since I suppose that on our wedding day, sharing terribly-gained, insider knowledge of how to deal with an affair, however good that knowledge is, on an infidelity support website, probably wouldn't have been anywhere on her "Top 100" bucket-list of things she hoped to be doing at age 46.) We haven't discussed that, and probably haven't discussed anything at all having to do with the A, in around a year & a half, since around the time I started this thread. As I understand, that's altogether proper for the stage where we're at. It's not something I ever let myself forget for too long, on account of I still haven't gotten around to the idea that I have any standing to forgive myself for it, but it's way on the periphery of our lives & receding. Good riddance.

Despite our both having killer work hours, we're keeping up the UA time. It's actually easier to carve out than earlier-on in recovery, since her job is now 99% weekdays, instead of the old & unpredictable mix of days & nights. I've been able to keep my work-related travel down to 3 weeks per year or less. And we've been blessed with 2 great kids who are are pretty squared-away & mostly don't seem to require more than light touches on the rudder.

There's lots more I could report, all of it good, but it'll probably do us more good for me to get some of the family laundry out of the dryer & folded by the time she gets back from her 5k run. (She's taken up this running thing with a vengeance, and has got my A.S. emotional need all covered just fine, so yeah, I'd sure better go fold the towels already.)

Thanks again. Hoping you & SMB are also as well.

Me: FWH, 50
My BW: Trust_Will_Come, 52, tall, beautiful & heart of gold
DD23, DS19
EA-then-PA Oct'08-Jan'09
Broke it off & confessed to BW (after OW's H found out) Jan.7 2009
Married 25 years & counting.
Grateful for forgiveness. Working to be a better husband.
"I wear the chain I forged in life... I made it link by link, and yard by yard" ~Jacob Marley's ghost, A Christmas Carol
"Do it again & you're out on your [bum]." ~My BW, Jan.7 2009
T
T
GloveOil,

This is the first time I have read this very moving thread. Congratulations on being able to recover your marriage. And thanks for all the great advice you've given me through my own ordeal.

TE

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
ILYBNILWY: 8/09
DDAY: 8/31/09
Two boys: 8,7
Divorced 3/23/2011

Don't let your eyes refuse to see. Don't let your ears refuse to hear. Or you ain't never gonna shake this sense of sadness. --Ray Lamontagne
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 600 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation