Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
W
Boo, I do understand what you're going through. My BH was abusive in the past, and after I had an A he had daily angry outbursts (AO). So I've been in your shoes. But with the help of some sound advice from the Harleys, along with some people on this forum (JustLearning is good for wise advice), I've had to make some major changes too. Certainly abuse is never acceptible; I almost separated over it, but fortunately things worked out so we didn't have to.

While things may feel very dark right now, be assured there is hope. Some things that worked for my M were really focusing on quality time together. That seemed to help my BH see me like back before the A--back to when we were first dating. And it helped me to see him more like my "knight in shining armor" that I used to see him as.

Definitely consider the Harley program, follow the sound advice you get from the people on this forum, but also focus on quality time together. It's so simple yet also so life-changing.

Me: WW
BH
DD(4)
DS(2)
DD(1)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

B
boo91 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Wanthealing,

May I ask how long he had outbursts? It was two years in December that he found out.

T
T
Originally Posted by boo91
Wanthealing,

May I ask how long he had outbursts? It was two years in December that he found out.

May I ask have you called the Harley's yet?

If so what did they say?

If not, pick up that phone now.

W
W
Boo, my BH's AOs have been an issue our whole M, but after the A he had AO daily about the A for 6 months until I contacted Dr. Harley and started focusing on quality time and showing more respect and grace. It really was Dr. Harley's counsel to my BH along with my personal changes that made a difference, since I believe the AOs would have gone on indefinitely otherwise. Plus we got some help from our pastor, whom my BH respects. Really, respect was lacking on all sides, and until that was restored the AOs were his outlet. Now we communicate so much better and share when we feel a love buster coming on, which usually nips the conflict in the bud.

Keep hope alive for your M!

Me: WW
BH
DD(4)
DS(2)
DD(1)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 75 guests, and 38 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation