Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
OP Offline
N
well, I named this thread right, how little I knew then how much stuff was going to fly.

Today, lets just say, it's been a not so good day. It's been downright crappy.

One person can fight only so long. I give up now. My health is going down fast, the stress has gone sky high, and I can't fight it anymore. My daughter and I had a long talk, many tears on both sides today. She keeps holding it over my head that she can talk to the judge and decide who she wants to live with.

STBXH is fighting for custody now, and I'm sure he's got rich uncle paying lawyer fees. I'm broke. It's ok to him, that I live below the poverty level once she turns 18, fine, I'll probably be better off then anyway. Might as well start now.

She has chosen her father. Why? seems to think life is going to be a bed of roses there. She's going to have to find out the hard way. I called, talked to stbxh today, at the end, told him, school is out on wednesday, pick her up then. She wants to live with you? She can go right ahead.

I have told her, what she does not take on wednesday, goes to the dumpster wednesday night. She thinks I'm joking.

I have lived far too many years with him dictating how I will live. NO MORE. She made her mind up at least a month ago, and has been putting me thru pure he** since. I knew what she was doing. They both think I'm that stupid?

I can't take this stress anymore. I'm pretty sure I'm in a relapse at this point, I know I have no choice but to go to the doctor, and honestly, much as I can't afford it, I have no choice. I can't take the pain in my feet, legs anymore. They are swelling to the point I swear they are leaking out the bottom of my feet. Even the darn carpet is wet where my feet are sitting, they are so swollen. I just can't take any more.

done. I know it means losing her, and that in itself, is killing me. But, I WILL SURVIVE.

Last edited by No_Stress_Zone; 06/13/11 01:43 AM. Reason: removed one part

I am 52, stbxh is 46
One child together 15 DD
2 (mine) from 1st marriage, 26 dd and 28 ds.
Married Dec 94
Separated Oct 09
Too many D-Days to list. (EA/Cyber affairs)
He filed no fault 3-2011 I countered with grounds.
Court date set for June 6, 2011 for Final Decree and was continued.
That ticked him off, he is now fighting for custody.
Lawyers are expensive, my daughter is worth every penny.
Even the ones I have to borrow.
N
OP Offline
N
UGH. I have a call in to my lawyer. Talked to my older daughter who swears she will set the younger one straight in no time, but she is on vacation and won't be back until the weekend, by then the youngest will be gone.

I did tell her again last night that I would not get rid of her cat, and her furniture, but if she thought she was leaving her room a mess for me to pack and move when I move, that was a whole different story. I can bag it and trash it faster than I can sort and box it. Her choice.

Working on list of questions on what to talk to the lawyer about, starting with how am I supposed to pay the rent now? Thankfully I am moving to a cheaper place, but I still have to pay four months here before my lease is over.

I'm in the hole on regular bills, forget groceries, once he gets her and child support stops, which I have NO doubt will be instant. He made it clear yesterday on the phone he does not give a rats behind what financial state I'm in, after all...I DO get my social security! Wow, it don't even cover RENT. Yet I'm still too high for any assistance.

I am 52, stbxh is 46
One child together 15 DD
Married Dec 94
Separated Oct 09
C
C
Found your thread NSZ and marked it to read later, because I have to go do some things.

TTYL. Hey you might rival me in long posts also, but Mark1952 has allways taken that prize. lol

N
OP Offline
N
LOL, that's only cause I edit mine down to 'short stories' laugh

I am 52, stbxh is 46
One child together 15 DD
Married Dec 94
Separated Oct 09
R
R
What's the latest? Did your daughter move out. Did you throw out her stuff? Are you getting any financial assistance?

BW (me) - 57
XWH-54
2DSs- 16 and 17
Married 16 years
D-Day - 8/21/09
XWH moved out 10-9-09
Divorce Finalized 11-19-10
XWH moved 4 states away (on 11/22/10) to live with OW.
XWH married OW 1-15-11
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by Reva
What's the latest? Did your daughter move out. Did you throw out her stuff? Are you getting any financial assistance?

Hi Reva, just saw this tonight.

Latest:

She moved out.
Took cloths, toiletries, and bike.
Left cat, I won't get rid of her cat or furniture. Never intended to, she knew that.
Left all her furniture, even tv, game systems, alarm clock.

She's sleeping on a love seat in a 2 bedrm apt with him and his mom, and....supposedly, one of his cyber bimbos.

I have sent texts, FB messages, wall posts, only one set of text messages were exchanged. I just keep leaving "I love you's and I miss you's" every couple days on something. I also add in 'doors always open' now and then. Don't want to say it too often, as I know it's making him mad.

He had his lawyer send me a paper that stated he was intending to keep custody, would be asking for full custody in Sept at the hearing, and was immediately stopping child support, while increasing spousal support.

Best part, the paper? Stated I assisted my daughter in moving to his house. I ASSISTED? um, hello????

This is me: disabled, no car, 15 lb weight limit for life, now down to 10 thanks to a dumb hernia, least until surgery (which won't happen anytime soon). Did we see the NO CAR part? How was I supposed to be ASSISTING???? I can't walk that far, can't pick up the boxes, was not going into that room anyway (we were arguing because I asked her to you know, CLEAN her room? Yeah. Shame on me. Funny thing? I'll do it again.)

I'm actually looking forward to going to court. I am REALLY wanting to hear him defend himself on all this.

Cancel medical insurance.
Cancel cell phone (I have a tendency to fall, kind of need my cell phone on me)
Brainwash my daughter (yes, I do consider it a form of brainwashing)
Drop child support increase spousal support. (might I add to the level it should have been? already? while paying child support???)

Leaves my income down $739 from when I left 20 months ago. But that's ok, 68% of your income SHOULD be housing....RIGHT?

Yep, rent and electric is now up to 68%. I can't wait till court.

I will get the eviction notice this month, already got the late notice, should get the evict on the 10th. That puts rent up when I can finally pay it on the 20th....lol, naturally, not payable by...check. Duh.

I am really trying not to get totally pissed off here, believe me, my frustration level is sky high. Toss in, no car, ran out of cigerettes and no money to get any ANYWAY, and yeah, you got a time bomb sitting here waiting. Yes, I know they will kill me, been waiting on that for 34 years now. Kind of hard to quit cold turkey in a high stress time. I planned on it anyway. Just not right now.

I've been in worse boats before. At least I have a soup can to bail out the water in this one.

I guess I probably should not have written on my FB wall that I wish him a lifetime of impotency huh?
skeptical

I am 52, stbxh is 46
One child together 15 DD
Married Dec 94
Separated Oct 09
C
C
Originally Posted by No_Stress_Zone
I guess I probably should not have written on my FB wall that I wish him a lifetime of impotency huh?
skeptical

In my opinion, he allready is impotant, so wish granted "Pwang!"

N
OP Offline
N
thank you CP, I really needed to hear that this morning laugh You made me laugh!

I am 52, stbxh is 46
One child together 15 DD
Married Dec 94
Separated Oct 09
N
OP Offline
N
What happens when your stbxwh does not turn in his discovery paperwork requested?

He did not turn it in, instead, he convinced the kid to live with him, changed the support payments and wrote a letter thru his lawyer, (does he not know text messages tell more truth than HE does?????). My lawyer sent his a 'where's it at' followup, but have not heard anything. Knowing him, he thinks that will save him??? HA.

See, he shredded it. Well, he shredded what he did not know I had that is. We had to file bankruptcy, so all those records will not be easily accessible for him. Good thing I kept a bunch huh? rotflmao It won't be my fault if it happens to be the WORST of it all that I kept would it? I had to be careful pulling them out of his bills, over the years, too many he'd know what was up, not enough, then it didn't do me much good. No worries, he opened them, then tosses them in a basket where they pile up. Just a lot slower over the years than they used to. He pretty much also stuck with just two cards for the most, and I have every one of those I think. Glad I got those before he boxed them up later that night, some really good stuff on the last few months!

So I only took the ones that had what I needed, but that still is over half of each cards' statements. Took me three days just to sort thru into piles of who's it from. Now to go thru that mess.

As I'm going thru this stuff, I'm finding some pretty old stuff, from 2003 is as far back, so far. It's rather comical that he shows a history since then, all the way thru I'm sure, today, of the exact same stuff!

But as I'm going thru, I'm finding emails and letters we exchanged with this stuff. OMG< it's almost funny. We are fighting about the exact same thing that all the info proves, and he's just full of fog babble and what not and the reading is almost priceless. If it was written by someone else before I knew better anyway frown

I think my lawyer heard 'pay rent not lawyer' and is worried. frown I hope not.

I am 52, stbxh is 46
One child together 15 DD
Married Dec 94
Separated Oct 09
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 123 guests, and 135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860
71,843 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation