Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
How about emailing her and asking her to call you?

I would plan on going into Plan B tomorrow or the next day then. Read up, get your ducks in a row and then send him a Plan B letter telling him not to contact you until he ends his affair and commits to the marriage. You will send a copy to the OW too. Find an intermediary who will agree to be a neutral party who will pass on only PERTINENT MESSAGES about child visitation and finances.

Do his parents live close? If so, then you could arrange visitation through them. They could pick up your child and take her to their house so your H could see her. Would they be willing to help out in that regard?

I will email her and ask her to call me but I know she won't. I heard from her sister yesterday saying she was shocked and would talk to this girl.

No his parents are not closeby. During the week, can I let H come and play with baby while I'm out? Is that ok? I'll wait until he's gone to come in. Will that work? Weekend is easier - he can choose one day and take baby out.

I've asked a co-worker to be the intermediary but she is hesitated. Where can I get help with this?

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Xau
As she had 800 friends on facebook I suggest send the message to at least 50. Normally you do this once off then move on, however with the pace of happenings yesterday you may not have got enough messages out to make her life uncomfortable. As suggested carry on trying to contact her parents.

You did well, stay on course, think through your next steps and create a plan to work to, if you decide to go to plan B and require a template letter or ideas one can be posted. Stay strong.

I did contact her mother, sisters and brothers and some friends. Will send some more today.

I think I will need to move to plan B very soon. Please send me the template letters and ideas. Thanks so much.

S
S
Here is a Plan B thread that has examples of PB letters, etc:
LINK

Here is a link for your intermediary when you find one: LINK
Maybe you could show your coworker this link so she has a better idea of what she would need to do.

ps ~ You did a great job yesterday smile

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks so much for your kind words and encouragement. Thanks also for the links.

When should I send the letter to H and OW?

Honestly, I do't see him coming back. I think he just wants to make me pay, make my life more misarable, think of any way possible to punish me...

Perhaps it was my fault to be so nice and sweet to him through out our dating and marriage. He's used to it. Now I stood up and fought hard - how can he want to come back to this NEW ME? How can he imagine living with someone who destroyed his "true love"?

I don't see it happen....

I don't regret about the exposure - in my heart I knew I needed to do it and take results/consequences - standing up for myself and my baby.

In the past 5 months, I've been praying everyday for God's guidance and the thought of exposure kept coming back. To me, it's God's will.

I just wonder why I didn't just file and end this marriage before....

Feeling really down, nervous and anxious right now.... Is that normal?

S
S
Originally Posted by Madison10
Honestly, I do't see him coming back. I think he just wants to make me pay, make my life more misarable, think of any way possible to punish me...

Madison, if I could tell you the number of times I have seen BWs say this and don't believe the WH will care about Plan B...and then later they are reporting the WH came to the house, made phone calls, etc. He is cake eating so having just the OW meeting needs is going to definitely change the dynamic of the A for him!

But whatever happens you are going to be OK because you will be protecting yourself from his abuse.

Hang in there!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
X
Xau Offline
X
What you are going through is a range of emotions caused by your husbands betrayal of your marriage. At his moment this is not your husband , it is the uncaring selfish side of him. Do not concern yourself with his inner demons he chose his path he must walk it. You have mentioned a few times he may try get back at you, as this is a real concern for you take a number of steps to protect yourself, lawyer up, buy a VAR and make a note of the content and time of any phone calls you have with him, keep a journal with as much detail as you can.

While I do suggest a plan B and for you to fight for your marriage there is no harm for you to do what you can to have full custody of your baby, your lawyer should be able to give you guidance.

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks all for your kind advice.

I've just found out that OW is staying by my H. She explained to family and friends about the A with a lot of false facts - that our marriage was going down and I forced H to get pregnant and that we've been going thru divorce but I try to drag things to hold H back... OW will wait for him to finish the divorce and marry her.

I know my H enough - he is a great liar. Now, after this exposure, I'm his worst enemy, he will try to end our M soon and come clean.

I give up, I do'nt want to hope for reconciliation because it won't happen and I don't ever want to live with him. It's better to move on with life.

Please give me some advice as what to do now. Thanks so much for your support.

M
OP Offline
M
Should I create a new post so people do'nt have to go thru the 7 pages on exposure ? or should I continue with this post?

M
M
Continue with one thread, please.

About OW lies and hopes, I think here the exposure has been useful again. I'm sure that after the exposure it is very hard for her to credibly explain the affair even when she tries to. The fact that she did try does not mean that her friends and family are gonna believe it 100%. Who told you what OW explained - WH?

But I am confused - you stated in your first post that OW does not know that WH is married, how could she explain herself away now with info that your marriage was going down?

Anyway - their relationship is based on lies and deceit and it wont last long. The exposure was the first death punch. Believe me, this affair won't survive the real life. Remove yourself from the situation (Plan B) and you will hasten the fall of the affair. Then they are not able to scapegoat you (but scapegoating BW fuels the drama/affair).

Hang on, you are doing actually great.

Me (FWH) 44
Mrs_Recon6mo (FWW) 42
Married 22 years
2 Children 20 and 22 years
Last D-Day for me: May 2009
Last D-Day for her: October 2008
M
OP Offline
M
recon6mo - thank you. what is "BW"? You said "..but scapegoating BW fuels the drama/affair...". Pls explain.

I thought OW did not know. It seems like H did tell her recently (perhaps after I kicked him out?). I can access H's email and that's how I saw her email to family and friends.

H lied and lies about our marriage going down, the forced pregnant, the on going divorce proceeding... I'm not surprised.

I've decided not to file for D - H will have to take responsibility for that.

Let me read more on plan B and will move to plan B as soon as possible.

Thanks so much for your kind support during this time of crisis. I will write back for more advice.

H
H
recon6mo - thank you. what is "BW"? You said "..but scapegoating BW fuels the drama/affair...".

BW stands for betrayed wife.

S
S
Please know that a staggering number of As fall apart. Look at what Dr Harley writes in his Plan A/Plan B article:
As it turns out, most affairs end within six months of their seeing the light of day (being revealed to their family and friends), and almost all affairs end without leading to marriage. Even those few that end in marriage have only a 25% rate of success. That's because affairs are based on dishonesty and thoughtlessness for the feelings of others. That same dishonesty and thoughtlessness eventually turns on the lovers themselves, and the affair is destroyed by those same flaws that made it possible in the first place. What drives affairs is passion, not commitment, and once the passion wanes, there is nothing to help the lovers restore their passion.
But try not to worry the A and instead focus on your Plan B since that is something that you actually have some control over, OK? smile

Have you started drafting your PB letter? If you post it, we can help you. Do you have an IM in mind?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
M
OP Offline
M

My co-worker has agreed to be the IM! she's very helpful.

Work is going like crazy.. but I will draft the letter tonight and post.

My daughter just turned 1 last week. H loves her and I'm hoping for the best co-parenting during Protection Phase.

Please advice on visitation schedule!

S
S
Excellent on the IM. Did she get the training manual I linked for you earlier?

Do you have a family member/close friend that can be the drop off/pick up place for your daughter?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
M
M
I've just found out that OW is staying by my H. She explained to family and friends about the A with a lot of false facts - that our marriage was going down and I forced H to get pregnant and that we've been going thru divorce but I try to drag things to hold H back... OW will wait for him to finish the divorce and marry her.

Have you spoken to her parents personally? I would ask them to call you so you can explain the situation.

And I would set up visitation with your child OUT of your home. You can't do Plan B and have your H coming into your home. It will be a nightmare. You need to also find someone who will willingly and capably act as your IM, even if is a friend who lives far away. It can be done over the internet.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
My co-worker has agreed to be the IM! she's very helpful.

oh good!!

My daughter just turned 1 last week. H loves her and I'm hoping for the best co-parenting during Protection Phase.

Please advice on visitation schedule!

You don't want to do "co parenting," that will be bad for your mental health. You don't want to speak to or see your H AT ALL. That is the best thing for your child. "Co parenting" is a mythological construct of lazy, conflict avoider bureaucrats who work in our nations divorce courts. They try to convince couples that being "amicable" in an explosive situation is "best for the kids." [and keep in mind, they don't give a rip about your kid] Actually, it is best FOR the bureaucrats because it makes facilitating the divorce all the easier.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by SusieQ
Excellent on the IM. Did she get the training manual I linked for you earlier?

Do you have a family member/close friend that can be the drop off/pick up place for your daughter?

Yes, I've shared the link with her. I've talked to a neighbor and can use her place for this purpose. Can I allow H to stay at my place with baby until he finds a better/larger apartment? That'd take a couple of weeks..

M
OP Offline
M
[/quote]
Have you spoken to her parents personally? I would ask them to call you so you can explain the situation.

And I would set up visitation with your child OUT of your home. You can't do Plan B and have your H coming into your home. It will be a nightmare. You need to also find someone who will willingly and capably act as your IM, even if is a friend who lives far away. It can be done over the internet. [/quote]

Yes, I found a reliable IM!

I sent a private message to her mother but didn't hear back. Based on what I know, this whole family is overwhelmed by my H's $$$$ and they are desperate for it. H gave the mother $ to buy an used car, etc. At this point, I don't expect any support or influence from her family.

K
K
I sent a private message to her mother but didn't hear back. Based on what I know, this whole family is overwhelmed by my H's $$$$ and they are desperate for it. H gave the mother $ to buy an used car, etc. At this point, I don't expect any support or influence from her family.

YOUR HUSBAND GAVE HIS GIRLFRIEND'S MOTHER MONEY???!!!??!!??

Sweetie, you need to call a lawyer and get legal advice right away. That is dissipation of marital assets.

Even if you have no intentions of divorce, you may need to file for one in order to get an injunction preventing him from giving away or hiding marital assets.

Me: BS 51
Himself: WH 53, EA/PA w/ RunnerSlut his "running buddy."
Buncha' kids. The two youngest are still minors.
Separated: 08/13/09 after 25 years of marriage
Plan D: Filed 11/13/09 Final 3/30/11
MC told me that he probably has a personality disorder
N
N
Can I allow H to stay at my place with baby until he finds a better/larger apartment? That'd take a couple of weeks..

Absolutely not. If you're agreeable to him seeing the child and offer times when he can do so, then it's his problem as to how that happens. He hasn't shown you much consideration these days for squat, so why go out of YOUR way to help HIM??

Just say this...

"WH, baby will be ready for pick-up at 8:00 at ____. Baby will need to be dropped of at ____ at 12:00." The pick-up and drop-off locations are not your house.

And ditto what Kirby said. Call a lawyer and get your financials in order. You're married, and he's spending YOUR money on this woman.

If it were me, I'd file for a legal separation pronto. It would actually make your Plan B a little easier money-wise.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 268 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation