Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
OP Offline
H
I found out that my wife is having an affair with a salesman that comes around her work once or twice a year, I know he will be leaving in about a week (he stays for 3 or 4 weeks), I exposed the affair to some people but now he is saying that I don't have proof and that he will sue me if I go any further with this, I am not sure I broke them up and now my wife says she wants a divorce, any ideas?

Last edited by Hopeful21; 04/19/11 02:59 PM.
C
C
Do you have proof?

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
H
OP Offline
H
yes I have recordings of her talking to him about what she would like to do, and some of what they have done

J
J
Keep exposing you hit a nerve, keep gathering proof, if you are telling the truth he won't sue, he won't anyway.....do you think he wants more people to know about the affair, he is just trying to shut you up.......
Your wife is in the middle of affair fog, it's normal what she is saying, exposing the affair is going to break up their little relationship.........this is what you want. Hard to have an affair if everyone is watching, is the OM married or in a relationship, did you tell him wife/GF?
Keep checking, tell your wife you love her and want to work through this so both of you are happy, but NO CONTACT with the OM is a must and a deal breaker......
If she won't agree, ask her to leave and move on with her life if this is what she choses., In the meantime be the best husband you can be, make her see the man you can be............
jessi

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
H
OP Offline
H
he is not married, not sure about a girlfrind, he has been divorced twice

H
OP Offline
H
I also have 3 children

M
M
Originally Posted by Hopeful21
I found out that my wife is having an affair with a salesman that comes around her work once or twice a year, I know he will be leaving in about a week (he stays for 3 or 4 weeks), I exposed the affair to some people but now he is saying that I don't have proof and that he will sue me if I go any further with this, I am not sure I broke them up and now my wife says she wants a divorce, any ideas?
Have you exposed this to his employer? How do you know he's divorced?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

H
OP Offline
H
how do I be the best husband I can be?

H
OP Offline
H
he is self employed, on his website he says he is a single father of three

H
OP Offline
H

Posts: 6 he is self employed, on his website he says he is a single father of three

H
OP Offline
H

H
OP Offline
H

J
J
Read everything you can on this site about exposure, breaking up the affair and Plan A and Plan B.........in the meantime, gather your information, maybe put a keylogger on the comp, a voice activated recorder in her car, gps.........then show her all the proof ........expose to everyone that is important to both of them, family, friends, and coworkers, everyone for her, and the OM.......do it all in one day for the best effect...............
If she won't stop seeing him........ask her to leave and tell her you will file for divorce, she needs to feel the brunt of her decision.......She probably never banked on you finding out.........she probably didn't have a real plan to be with this man, you need her to feel that you will be gone and that the OM will now have to fill all her needs, the OM won't want to do this.......watch how quickly it all falls apart for them........when reality hits the fantasy life they have been living..........
Educate yourself and stay calm at all times...........Tell her you love her and would be willing to save your marriage if she can recommit.............

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
S
S

Posts: 6 he is self employed, on his website he says he is a single father of three
What's going on with your posts, Hopeful? Why did you post your own profile, and why did you post the same thing three times?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
G
G
Hopeful,

So he is a salesman, expose to his other customers, expose to the companies whose products he sells, for example if he sells teflon from Dupont call the Dupont sales manager for his territory.

If his children are old enough expose to them, he might only be separated btw, so he may have a wife.

God Bless

Gamma

H
OP Offline
H
sorry, first time using it

M
M

Stand up for your marriage and kill the affair.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
H
Ok. You need some solid advice to act and everything we're going to tell you is counterintuitive. Exposure kills affairs. So you're on the right track. He wants you to shut up, but that's the worst thing you can do.

She will tell you that if you expose you will ruin any chances you guys have. Ignore these words from her. They ALL say that when the affair gets exposed.

Expose to your family. That is very important, but mostly expose to her family and anyone that can put pressure on the affair.

Now, the objective here is to make the other man run away because you're a bag of hellfire that is going to ruin his life. That means you find out who he works for and tell them that this man is sleeping with your wife, who is one of his clients. THAT is a huge threat to their company and they won't look kindly on one of their salesmen doing this.

So don't stop there. Find out his name, look him up on facebook, then expose to all his friends on there.

So now you have solid advice. Get a hold of yourself as best you can, which is tough. But let us do the thinking for you. It will feel wrong. But it is the right path to follow. It works to kill affairs.

Keep your head up. We've felt your pain. Let your children be your motivation.

R
R
How can it be considered "slanderous" if its true?

J
J
Any updates Hopeful? What steps are you taking now?

Last edited by Justlooking24; 05/04/11 12:23 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 783 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation