Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21
M
M
Originally Posted by hbd
I would love to council with dr Harley, but we r seriously broke.

You know, you can give him a call for free on his radio show.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
P
P
What about EPs? How did you do everything if you didn't have EPs in place?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

H
hbd Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by markos
Originally Posted by hbd
I would love to council with dr Harley, but we r seriously broke.

You know, you can give him a call for free on his radio show.

I already knowwhat he will say.. We need to put ep's in place, meet needs, be o&h, etc.

I think I'm just too messed up for anyone or anything to help me. frown

AKA: hurtagainbydavid, hurtingstill
Me: BW/WW 36
Him: WH 37 (2time2timer)
DD x 2: 8 and 5
H's 1st affair D-day: 10/2001
H's 2nd affair D-day: 1/16/11
My threesome w/H and OM: 7/21/11

Trying to fix the mess I helped make.
H
hbd Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Prisca
What about EPs? How did you do everything if you didn't have EPs in place?

I guess i was so focused on my h's ep's that I didn't put any of my own in place. I feel horrible. Just want to crawl into a hole and never come back out.

P
P
Originally Posted by hbd
I think I'm just too messed up for anyone or anything to help me. frown

With that kind of attitude, yes you are.

Ready to stop the pity party and get to work?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

S
S
I hate to be the bad guy here, but...

My h also cheated on me last year. That is when I became aware of this site. I even posted here for a while. That thread is now burried. After my h's affair, we read hnhn, saa, and lb. We found dr Harley's advice very helpful and did it all. We became so close and open and honest that we shared all sexual fantasies and found that we both fantasized about a threesome.

At the time, we also thought that a threesome would help with some lingering issues we had with my h's affair - his guilt and my need to feel like less of a victim. We talked about it for months and decided that it could work for us to set aside the affair once and for all.

It sounds to me like you husband is still of a wayward mind set and the you have been worked and persuaded into giving the OK to go outside the marriage for SF (you first, then he would be allowed to follow as things progressed).

You say you POJA'd the threesome. Are you sure it was mutual and enthusiastic, or was it discussed and encouraged until you wore down?

The key here is that your husband convinced you that this was a good way to finally put HIS affair behind him. Think about how warped and twisted that logic is!

I believe your husband still has the wayward mindset and gets excitement from SF outside the marriage, even if it starts with you, but better if it ends with him getting some too.

You said that you had a long talk with your husband last night and agreed to never do it again. If everything I said is wrong, perhaps he'll realize how hurt you are, drop the idea, and never mention it again.

If he starts bringing it up in the next weeks, months, or year and asks "was it really that bad? Didn't you enjoy it on some level?"

If you hear that you will know that I am right.

P
P
She is of a wayward mindset, too. Unless he held a gun to her head, no one forced her to do this. And if she had followed the program and had EPs in place, she never would have done it even if he was twisting her arm. She wanted to, and she did.

She needs to take responsibility for her own actions.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

R
R
If you read the books and followed the program, did you not get the major part of the whole program being
that you do not spend time in intimacy (i.e. sex) with someone outside of the marriage.
that you steer clear of potential trouble with other people (i.e. threesome)

Was that not noticed, noted?

It is a MAJOR part of the marriage builder program!

P
P
I like to go back to the genesis of a thread and revisit the original questions asked.

There were 2.
1. Is a threesome cheating if it's POJA'd? (Thread title)
2. Should I feel guilty? (first post of thread)

It is quite common that the original questions are rhetorical. More of a statement, an expression of a state of mind, than an actual question.

It is also interesting what questions are not asked.

"What steps can we/I take to prevent this from ever happening again?"
"Exactly where did we/I go wrong?"
"How can this damage be repaired?"

P
P
Originally Posted by hbd
I feel horrible. Just want to crawl into a hole and never come back out.

I'm sure this is true.
Now what?
Are there answers to be found in that "hole"?

Going into a hole and sulking would be so easy.
That takes no effort whatsoever.

Now what?
Ask some different questions.

P
P
Put on your "big girl panties" and fix this.
No one is impressed with your self bashing.

T
T
WH: Okay, sorry I had an affair. Tell you what, why don't you bang some dude and then we'll be even.

HBD: I don't know.

WH: Come on... I'll even join in to make sure no funny business takes place.

HBD: Oh, well in that case, sure!

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
ILYBNILWY: 8/09
DDAY: 8/31/09
Two boys: 8,7
Divorced 3/23/2011

Don't let your eyes refuse to see. Don't let your ears refuse to hear. Or you ain't never gonna shake this sense of sadness. --Ray Lamontagne
C
C
Originally Posted by hbd
No, I wanted to do it at the time. I thought it would be fun (and it was), but I didn't think about how I would feel afterwards. I guess I thought my H would be more aprehensive. If he had said one word about not wanting to do it, I wouldn't have gone through with it...but he didn't. At the time, I was glad..but, now I'm sad.

Why is the part I put in red germane to the discussion?

Why did you feel the need to say that?

That just leads me to believe that you are not the least bit sad, remorseful, guilt ridden or anything else about what you did.

That little part would be said with a smile.

committed

H
hbd Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by schtoop
You say you POJA'd the threesome. Are you sure it was mutual and enthusiastic, or was it discussed and encouraged until you wore down?

No, I wanted to do it for the reasons I've already stated. Also, I could feel my H slowly drifting away from me again (showing very little interest in me and the family) and I desperately wanted him to see that I am desirable and any man would want me.

Also, I wanted my H to feel a little bit of the Pain I felt after his A. I don't know why, but this was also important to me at the time.

These are idiotic thoughts, I know, but that's what I was thinking when I agreed to it.

I know my H wanted to do it to justify his A somewhat. I knew that going into it.

My arm wasn't twisted at all...I'm just plain twisted.

H
hbd Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by committedandlovi
Originally Posted by hbd
No, I wanted to do it at the time. I thought it would be fun (and it was), but I didn't think about how I would feel afterwards. I guess I thought my H would be more aprehensive. If he had said one word about not wanting to do it, I wouldn't have gone through with it...but he didn't. At the time, I was glad..but, now I'm sad.

Why is the part I put in red germane to the discussion?

Why did you feel the need to say that?

That just leads me to believe that you are not the least bit sad, remorseful, guilt ridden or anything else about what you did.

That little part would be said with a smile.

committed

It was fun AT THE TIME. I enjoyed it AT THE TIME. Believe me, no one is more disgusted by that than me.

H
hbd Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Pepperband

Sometimes a relationship is beyond fixing. Don't you think?

I'm not saying that we are going to get a divorce, far from it. In fact, we are closer now than we ever have been. The conversations we have had post threesome have been so deep, so personal, so emotional for both of us that I know we can overcome anything. I can't explain it. I just know that we will never ever have a normal marriage, but we will be together forever. Two twisted peas in a pod.

P
P
ometimes a relationship is beyond fixing. Don't you think?

I just know that we will never ever have a normal marriage, but we will be together forever. Two twisted peas in a pod.
The pity party feels great, doesn't it.

Turns my stomach to listen to it, actually.

You're not the first BS to become a wayward. You haven't done anything unique. There's nothing special here that makes you any more twisted than any other wayward.

When are you going to buckle down and get to work?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

I
I
Been reading your hurtagainbydavid thread.

This just isnt going to work unless you are prepared to do the hard work. Because the things that do work are hard.

You wanted to believe what your wh said to you following his affair was the truth - because it was easier to believe that ignorance is bliss, than to snoop, expose and set firm boundaries. Easier but did it work?

You wanted to believe you could regain his love for you with the jealousy you hoped to generate from this revenge affair (because thats what it was). Again, easier. However you found out the hard way that a man just is not jealous over a woman he has no romantic love for.

Then there is the issue of your poor boundaries. You have said you were so focused on your h's EPs you did not put any in place of your own. This is just lazy. Someone who has had an affair before their marriage and read up on Dr H's policies knows better where poor boundaries will land you. You knew, but it's EASIER to get your admiration fix (and a need for jealousy is also that) from an OP than from your husband

You may have to let him go entirely if he refuses to change his wayward mindset. Very difficult that. Will you do it or search for an easier option?

On top of all that, you don't want to call Dr H in case he tells you to do some hard things that you dont want to do.

Did you come here for people to tell you not to feel guilty? Do you ant us to tell you that because your h has now told you that he DID feel jealous that he must now be telling the truth?

Like he did before?

Are you prepared to do the hard work, yes or no?

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

I
I
Originally Posted by hbd
Originally Posted by Pepperband

Sometimes a relationship is beyond fixing. Don't you think?
I'm not saying that we are going to get a divorce, far from it. In fact, we are closer now than we ever have been. The conversations we have had post threesome have been so deep, so personal, so emotional for both of us that I know we can overcome anything. I can't explain it. I just know that we will never ever have a normal marriage, but we will be together forever. Two twisted peas in a pod.

Wow what a great excuse to be lazy.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

P
P
Originally Posted by hbd
I just know that we will never ever have a normal marriage, but we will be together forever. Two twisted peas in a pod.

OK.
Bye

Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation