Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 21 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 20 21
H
hbd Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Lady_Clueless
Even if he "has" to go on this trip, there is no reason why you can't go, too. You are an adult woman and can go anywhere you want to go. The idea that the company says wives can't go is wrong; all it means is that the company won't PAY for a spouse to go.

Yes, you'll have to pay for your expenses, but since he will be in a hotel room, it shouldn't cost anything extra for you to stay in the same room. If he's driving, it shouldn't cost anything extra for you to ride with him. If he's flying, yes, you will have to pay for your ticket. Yes, you will have to pay for your meals. Yes, you will have to arrange care for your children. However, that will all be much cheaper than a divorce!

Since this event appears to be coming up in a few months, cut back on your expenses and start putting aside money for your share of the trip.

Since you're short on funds, you can amuse yourself while he's in business meetings. You can go sightseeing, take books with you to read, take knitting/crochet work with you, etc.

You and your H can enjoy each other during his down-time. If a company doesn't care if a man spends time with skanks during his down-time, then it darned sure shouldn't care if a man spends his downtime with his wife!

This is supposed to be a "team building" event. Spouses are not allowed. All team members are to stay together "on-site." All activities, meals, everything is to be done together as a "team." They will even have shared rooms. Team members are not allowed to stay "off-site" either. Managers that live just miles from the event are not even allowed to stay at home.

If I do go, I would have to pay for the plane ticket, another hotel room, and sneak around the whole time trying not to be seen. I think the best choice in this situation is for him to simply not go.

AKA: hurtagainbydavid, hurtingstill
Me: BW/WW 36
Him: WH 37 (2time2timer)
DD x 2: 8 and 5
H's 1st affair D-day: 10/2001
H's 2nd affair D-day: 1/16/11
My threesome w/H and OM: 7/21/11

Trying to fix the mess I helped make.
H
hbd Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
hbd, you probably addressed this earlier, but he doesn't still work with the OW, does he?

No, he works in a totally different department now. They work in totally different buildings with no chance of seeing each other or coming in contact in any way.

He would get fired as a result of his affair with her if his boss knew. I told my H to tell his boss about the affair, but not tell him it was someone at work. That should keep him from getting fired.

C
C
Anyway, I'm really nervous about what is going to happen today. My H could lose his job for having an affair in the workplace and for not being able to complete the duties his job requires.

Unfortunately those are the consequences of his actions. Cannot save someone from those....and very well shouldn't in all reality.

By the end of the day, we could both be jobless and broke with two kids to support.

Again, unfortunate but that is what happens.

I would suggest actively searching for another job. His sins are gonna find him out...eventually.

committed

P
P
This is supposed to be a "team building" event. Spouses are not allowed. All team members are to stay together "on-site." All activities, meals, everything is to be done together as a "team." They will even have shared rooms. Team members are not allowed to stay "off-site" either. Managers that live just miles from the event are not even allowed to stay at home.
With these kinds of company events, it sounds like getting fired may be the best thing that could happen for you ...

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

H
hbd Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Prisca
With these kinds of company events, it sounds like getting fired may be the best thing that could happen for you ...

Agreed. He would never find anything comperable though right now and I'm going to have a very hard time finding a job in my field right now too.

Last edited by hbd; 08/03/11 11:38 AM.

M
M
Originally Posted by hbd

Agreed. He would never find anything comperable though right now and I'm going to have a very hard time finding a job in my field right now too.

Is he looking? If they work at the same company how will he avoid seeing her? And if she works there, he could easily see her at work by going to her building or vice versa.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M

Ohmigosh, those are terrible functions. I went through the Ropes courses myself at my last company and they are such a set up for affairs. It is just amazing this is still going on. You know how our first course was kicked off? GROUP HUGS!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
If his A happened at the workplace why didn't YOU tell them that it happened?

And, why would you show your WH that it is OKAY to lie?

Personally, I would send the exposure to his workplace myself.

Seriously, how do you KNOW that he doesn't ever see OW? Would there ever be a chance that they read an email the other has sent? Maybe even be in on a conference call together?

What you are doing here is allowing your WH to skirt around his consequences.

I still see a lot ot wayward behaviour from him, and now I see why, he is still a wayward, and will continue to be so until his actions have real consequences.

Are you even certain that this affair didn't just go further underground?

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
hbd Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by hbd

Is he looking? If they work at the same company how will he avoid seeing her? And if she works there, he could easily see her at work by going to her building or vice versa.

Her building is 10 miles away from his...totally different departments (she's in mortgage collections, he's in auto loan underwriting). They have no chance of seeing each other or having any contact at all unless they contact each other on purpose.

M
M
Just thinking out loud here. I hope your H's discussion with his boss will get him out of this, but that would not have worked at my old company. It was not optional. And if a person did refuse, they would have viewed as someone who was not willing to grow with the company. Our participation was part and parcel of our performance appraisals.

The other glaring problem I see that a) his company environment leads to affairs and b) the company trips are an opportunity to hook up with the OW.

How do you know the OW works in another building and has not been included on these company trips? My point is that if your H wanted to continue his affair at work he would just lie about all this. This might be why you have an uneasy feeling about his truthfulness.

Exposure 101

S
S
This might be why you have an uneasy feeling about his truthfulness.

And the fact that she encourages him to be deceitful when he needs to be to protect himself.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
hbd Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Scotland
If his A happened at the workplace why didn't YOU tell them that it happened?

And, why would you show your WH that it is OKAY to lie?

Personally, I would send the exposure to his workplace myself.

Seriously, how do you KNOW that he doesn't ever see OW? Would there ever be a chance that they read an email the other has sent? Maybe even be in on a conference call together?

What you are doing here is allowing your WH to skirt around his consequences.

I still see a lot ot wayward behaviour from him, and now I see why, he is still a wayward, and will continue to be so until his actions have real consequences.

Are you even certain that this affair didn't just go further underground?

I didn't tell his workplace because he had already moved to a different department, so there was no need.

I didn't tell him to lie, I suggested that he not mention that the affair happened at work.

I work at the same company (Investments) and I never see either of them (she's in mortgage collections and he's in auto loan underwriting). This is a HUGE company. Each department is like a company in itself. There is no chance that they would ever see each other's emails or be on conference calls together.

I've been snooping a lot and found nothing to show that he is still in contact with her. I'm very on top of snooping. Don't worry. I even have access to his work email box. The only way he could be contacting her is on a pay phone at a gas station or something like that.

M
M
Originally Posted by hbd
[

Her building is 10 miles away from his...totally different departments (she's in mortgage collections, he's in auto loan underwriting). They have no chance of seeing each other or having any contact at all unless they contact each other on purpose.

WEll, we have facilities that are anywhere from 25 miles to 300 miles away and I see many of those coworkers at various meetings. Or they could just be attending a meeting at my building and I see them in the hallway. I work for a large company [250,000 employees] and I see people from different facilities, from different departments all the time. I get emails every day that include hundreds or thousands of employees in different locations.

I am not trying to scare you, but have you taken all these factors into consideration?

If your H's company has a no fraternization policy that would cause him to lose his job if they found out about the affair, why wait until they do find out? It has been my experience with workplace affairs that everyone usually knows and it eventually comes out.

Exposure 101

H
hbd Offline OP
OP Offline
H

Ohmigosh, those are terrible functions. I went through the Ropes courses myself at my last company and they are such a set up for affairs. It is just amazing this is still going on. You know how our first course was kicked off? GROUP HUGS!

Exactly why he shouldn't go even if I go along!

S
S
hbd, you are trying to split hairs here. You DID tell your WH to LIE. You told him to omit a very important detail. With your recent answer, I am OUT.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
hbd Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by hbd
[

WEll, we have facilities that are anywhere from 25 miles to 300 miles away and I see many of those coworkers at various meetings. Or they could just be attending a meeting at my building and I see them in the hallway. I work for a large company [250,000 employees] and I see people from different facilities, from different departments all the time. I get emails every day that include hundreds or thousands of employees in different locations.

I am not trying to scare you, but have you taken all these factors into consideration?

If your H's company has a no fraternization policy that would cause him to lose his job if they found out about the affair, why wait until they do find out? It has been my experience with workplace affairs that everyone usually knows and it eventually comes out.

I would be worried if they were in the same group, but she in the mortgage group and he's in the auto group. There's no chance of any contact. EVER.

Believe me, I've thought about this and the only reason I'm okay with this situation is because I worked at the same company in a different group and never come into contact with people from other groups.

Don't worry, the only possible contact they would have is if they contacted each other on purpose...and I would find out about that.

M
M
Originally Posted by hbd
[

Every day when I type names into my email program on my company computer, names are suggested to me to "auto-complete" what I am typing. This reminds me of people I know of by name only, people I've known who are not in this area, etc. Sometimes I even send to these people by accident. This is at a relatively small company.

If I had had an affair with one of them I would potentially be triggered to remember her every time I sent an email as part of my job.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Originally Posted by hbd
[
I would be worried if they were in the same group, but she in the mortgage group and he's in the auto group. There's no chance of any contact. EVER.

How do you know she wasn't invited to this team building trip?

Exposure 101

M
M
I ask because there were 800 people attending my first, of many, Ropes courses. They were from different locations and departments across the nation.

Exposure 101

H
hbd Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Just thinking out loud here. I hope your H's discussion with his boss will get him out of this, but that would not have worked at my old company. It was not optional. And if a person did refuse, they would have viewed as someone who was not willing to grow with the company. Our participation was part and parcel of our performance appraisals.

The other glaring problem I see that a) his company environment leads to affairs and b) the company trips are an opportunity to hook up with the OW.

How do you know the OW works in another building and has not been included on these company trips? My point is that if your H wanted to continue his affair at work he would just lie about all this. This might be why you have an uneasy feeling about his truthfulness.

The trip is not optional, he will definitely be seen as someone that is not willing to grow with the company. If he doesn't get fired today, he will at the very least get written up or seen as a worthless employee and get poor evaluations.

I often look ow up on the company employee directory. She still works in collections in a building 10 miles from his. Totally different group. She is actually closer to where I work and I never see her. There is no possible way she would be included in anything his group does.

Page 10 of 21 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation