Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 64 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 63 64
M
M
Corned beef and cabbage! Yum...

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
OP Offline
C
Friday night: Spanish Crusted Roast Pork Tenderloin, salad (including leftover peppers from night before), olive oil rosemary bread.

Last night: Grilled stuffed red peppers made with homemade sweet Italian sausage, green salad, grilled bread (leftover from Friday) rubbed with garlic. We also had one homemade sausage left, so we grilled that and shared it. Peppers were inspired by this recipe, but with many, many changes.

M
M
Originally Posted by curious53
Peppers were inspired by this recipe, but with many, many changes.

Oh my!!! That looks just fabulous! I can easily modify that for my low carb diet. Was it as delicious as it looks? I have to admit that I am little intimidated by the food processor step. I just bought my first one last year and have not used it yet. Maybe it is time I dragged that puppy out and read the directions!

Here is my favorite soup recipe. This is very filling and is loved by everyone who eats it. It is fabulous! It makes for a great meal. [I eliminate the pasta and add more zucchini, but you can fashion to suit your taste]

Italian Sausage Soup [best soup I have ever had in my life!]

2 lb italian sausage
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 large onions, chopped
1 16oz can Italian pear tomatoes
3 1/2 14oz cans of Swansons beef broth
1 1/2 C red wine
1/2 t basil
1/2 t thyme
3 T chopped parsley
1 green pepper chopped
2 med zucchini, sliced
3 C uncooked bow-tie noodles [I eliminate these and add an extra zucchini]

brown sausage on med heat. Drain fat. Add garlic and onions; cook until limp. Stir in and break up tomatoes. Add broth, wine basil thyme, and parsley. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Add vegetables and noodles, cover and simmer for 25 minutes more.

Serve with FRESH grated parmesan cheese over each serving, real butter and french bread

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
OP Offline
C
MelodyLane,

That soup looks delicious!

Food processors are pretty easy to handle. Very similar to a blender. I just wish I had a smaller one in addition to the standard size one we have. I think I'd put more effort into making different salad dressings if I had a small food processor that allowed me to make them in small batches.

C
OP Offline
C
Tonight: Scrambled eggs spiked with green onions, cheddar cheese, and thyme, served over broiled portobello mushroom caps. Served with bacon, wheat bread, and carrot sticks.

C
OP Offline
C
Heat wave dinner: pasta with chopped up local tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, mozzarella, basil, salt, and pepper.

Leftovers make even better heat wave meals, since you only need the microwave.

C
OP Offline
C
Tonight: Summer orzo with chicken/basil sausage, sauteed mushrooms, red onion, heirloom tomato, green pepper, pine nuts. Dressing made of olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano and thyme from the yard, garlic, salt, pepper.

S
S
Little bit of a t/j but basically since it's about cooking...

A couple of friends raved about Gwyneth Paltrow's new cookbook, so I picked it up. She's got a couple of really good homemade salad dressing recipes in there. I have made the bleu cheese dressing, the anchoive vinagrette and the standby vinagrette. They are pretty easy to make! I don't think I'll ever go back to store bought dressing now.

I keep the fridge stocked with argula (doesn't seem to wilt like the other lettuces), turkey or chicken rotisserie and some different cheeses, like gorgonzola. I have thrown together so many salads for lunch and dinner the last few weeks ~ so easy, fresh and yummy.

Oh, and I have also made the krabby patties from the book twice now with the spicy remoulade (crab cake burgers)... So good!

OK, off to make a salad now... smile

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
N
N
C53,
Do you mind if I copy your recipe? That sounds great!

Last night I went all out and made one of my specialties: Angel-hair pasta with squid in "black" sauce. The sauce gets its name (and color, obviously) from the inclusion of two packets of squid "ink". It sounds, and looks......weird?.....but it has a unique taste that will delight anyone with an open mind.

But, defering to HHH, our health monitor: Are there any medical conditions for which the consumption of iodine (from the ink) is contra-indicated?

M
M
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Last night I went all out and made one of my specialties: Angel-hair pasta with squid in "black" sauce. The sauce gets its name (and color, obviously) from the inclusion of two packets of squid "ink". It sounds, and looks......weird?.....but it has a unique taste that will delight anyone with an open mind.

sick sick the things you yankees eat!!! sick

Exposure 101

N
N
....a unique taste that will delight anyone with an open mind

......anyone south of Brooklyn being excluded, of course! grin

M
M
....a unique taste that will delight anyone with an open mind

......anyone south of Brooklyn being excluded, of course! grin

We have a little saying about those "open minds" down here in Texas. grin

Exposure 101

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

sick sick the things you yankees eat!!! sick

Ha! I wouldn't have considered squid ink a northern thing. I've only ever seen it in Spain and Italy, which are decidedly southern European. We had squid ink paella in Barcelona. It was a little too rich for my tastes. I prefer the more traditional paella.

W
W
Squid ink...uhmmmm, I might have to pass...

This morning I left a London Broil marinating in olive oil and lemon juice, stuffed with a mixture of cream cheese, herbs (well, the Philly cooking cream stuff, I took a shortcut there!) and blue cheese, with a little garlic thrown in for good measure. Broil it a few minutes on each side, and *fingers crossed* we'll see if it comes out tasty...

FWW

"Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough." ~ Earl Wilson
R
R
We're planning to have a healthy dinner later tonight. Ceasar salad with grilled chicken on the side. A scoop of mashed potato. smile

C
OP Offline
C
Grilled pizza. Pizza 1 will have fontina cheese, prosciutto, and arugula. Pizza 2 will have fontina, bacon, sauteed onion. All with garlic-infused olive oil.

Fontina and prosciutto are leftover from the Prosciutto and Fontina Panini with Arugula Pesto from earlier this week.

M
M
Well, at least you have some MEAT today, curious!! laugh That is a plus!

We ate at IHOP tonight and I had a little cheat with the chicken/spinach crepes. OH MY, they are so good!

Exposure 101

M
M
wuffpackgirl, that sounds wonderful. Let me know how it comes out!

Well, DH has been breaking in our new food processor. He has been grinding up every left over roast or turkey, mxing in mayonaisse and sweet pickle relish and finishing it off that way. sick I was very brave with the smoked turkey breast, but I REFUSE to touch the rump roast he ground up. That is just disgusting. I don't like rump roast to begin with and I SURE don't like leftovers ground up with pickle relish. Believe I will PASS. TEEF

Exposure 101

W
W
oh, man, IHOP - why didn't I suggest that to the kids? DD#2 wanted the Chinese buffet tonight. It's a good buffet, don't get me wrong, but I have to be in the mood for Chinese. Eh. I should be grateful they didn't want McD's again, ick...

The London Broil turned out OK, ML - I liked the sauce (think it could have used horseradish) but the meat was kind of tough, London broils usually are though, should've marinated it longer. They are good soaked in some teriyaki marinade, or throwing 'em in the crockpot usually tenders them up.

Now, turkey with mayo and pickle relish, that's some darn good turkey salad! Have to admit I have never heard of rump roast "salad", though... dontknow

FWW

"Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough." ~ Earl Wilson
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Well, DH has been breaking in our new food processor.

Congrats on the food processor. Do you like pesto? Food processors are great for that.

Page 5 of 64 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 897 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
daveamec, janyline, Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya
71,833 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation