Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 64 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 63 64
P
P
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
[/quote] Say what??? Prisca looked that up on the internet! She is a Texas girl just like me! WE eat supper at BODACIOUS BBQ! We don't eat foreign foolishness like "BANGERS" and "MASH!" skeptical

Prisca has a British grandmother. And I've corrupted Markos ... he likes them too! laugh

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

M
M
Originally Posted by Prisca
Say what??? Prisca looked that up on the internet! She is a Texas girl just like me! WE eat supper at BODACIOUS BBQ! We don't eat foreign foolishness like "BANGERS" and "MASH!" skeptical

Prisca has a British grandmother. And I've corrupted Markos ... he likes them too! laugh

Yes, I do like them, and I would love to eat the packages of them that we have in the freezer soon!

They were purchased in TEXAS! I don't know what Melody is on about.

Last edited by markos; 08/30/11 08:08 PM.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
(Don't let MelodyLane find out about the cheese curd fixation. She'll probably think that's northern food, too...)

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
P
P
Originally Posted by markos
(Don't let MelodyLane find out about the cheese curd fixation. She'll probably think that's northern food, too...)

That's your fixation, dear. I just tolerate it :P

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

N
N
Where's da meat??

Fear not, dear colleague, for my proteinal requirements! There were accompanying barbecued chicken cutlets, hand rubbed with a dry mixture of my own creation, but that seemed so.....pedestrian.......as not to require separate notation.

M
M
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Where's da meat??

Fear not, dear colleague, for my proteinal requirements! There were accompanying barbecued chicken cutlets, hand rubbed with a dry mixture of my own creation, but that seemed so.....pedestrian.......as not to require separate notation.
Au contraire, my gastrointellectual friend. Forgive my audacity, but I must hasten to respond to you:

Observe the lowly chicken cutlet. Common, without merit. Relegated by unthinking default to its lowly station of 'barbecue sauce/bake/eat'.

Enter the dry rub...the spark of the spices, the whip-cracking zing of the first succulent bite, the startling aroma of lime zest that prompts even the most jaded of palates to stand up and take note...yes, therein lies the culinary delight that begs - nay, demands top billing on the evening's bill of fare.

Hmmm...I'm suddenly starving for Chinese...

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

V
V
rotflmao

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
N
N
MB, why does dry-rubbing chicken cutlets make you think of Chinese ccoking?

Perhaps you're rubbing the cutlets the WONG way?

(Apologies to any/all colleagues with mainland-Asian precedents! The pun was just BEGGING to be typed.)

P
P
Tonight: Sun dried tomato and feta cheese stuffed chicken breast With carrot souffle on the side. smile

Flan for dessert -- Markos and I made it together last night during UA.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

M
M
MB, why does dry-rubbing chicken cutlets make you think of Chinese ccoking?

Perhaps you're rubbing the cutlets the WONG way?
rotflmao Someone had to say it!

Well, see, I started thinking about all the yummy spices in a well-made dry rub. Then I started thinking about the hotter spices that I put in mine. Hotter spices made me think about this spicy Szechuan place I went to, and there you have it: instant Chinese food jonesing.

You really did want to know, right? laugh

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
Melodylane reporting from NORMALVILLE here! No foreign or yankee foolishness in da Melodylane household!!

Meatloaf
stewed okry
blackyedpeas

Now, that is normal food, people! laugh

Mel<-------wants to know where Prisca got a "sun-dried" tomater in east Texas??? skeptical

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
stewed okry

In this house, okra is fried, or it is not consumed.

Mel<-------wants to know where Prisca got a "sun-dried" tomater in east Texas??? skeptical

At Wal-Mart, silly!

M
M
Melodylane reporting from NORMALVILLE here! No foreign or yankee foolishness in da Melodylane household!!

Meatloaf
stewed okry
blackyedpeas

Now, that is normal food, people! laugh

OKRY???? OKRY???? I have to assume that you're referring to OKRA.

That has to be the most disgusting vegetable to land on this planet. And you people STEW it? You mean you allow it to take up extra time in your life, to go through some kind of stewing process?? faint

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
In this house, okra is fried, or it is not consumed.
In THIS house, okra is verbotin. YUCK! Now, artichoke is good. Asparagus, okay, I can work with that. OKRA? faint

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
Originally Posted by maritalbliss

That has to be the most disgusting vegetable to land on this planet. And you people STEW it? You mean you allow it to take up extra time in your life, to go through some kind of stewing process?? faint

NO, WE DO NOT.

I am not sure where MelodyLane came up with that idea. It sounds like some kind of Louisiana cajun gumbo thing, which is okay because it's southern, but not okay for Texans.

Okra fried to a CRISP is delicious.

Soft okra, okra inadequately fried, and especially okra STEWED is VOMIT-INDUCING. I am feeling sick just thinking about it.

MelodyLane, if you want to eat GUMBO, go back to Louisiana! This is TEXAS, thank you!

M
M
Which side of the Sabine River do you live on, Mel?

M
M
Originally Posted by markos

NO, WE DO NOT.

I am not sure where MelodyLane came up with that idea. It sounds like some kind of Louisiana cajun gumbo thing, which is okay because it's southern, but not okay for Texans.

Okra fried to a CRISP is delicious.

Soft okra, okra inadequately fried, and especially okra STEWED is VOMIT-INDUCING. I am feeling sick just thinking about it.

MelodyLane, if you want to eat GUMBO, go back to Louisiana! This is TEXAS, thank you!

Well, excuse the hale out of me!! I got take out from my favorite soul food restaurant and she just happens to be from Marshall! [by the Louisiana border] I will go back to eating FRIED OKRA like a normal Texan! sigh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Well, excuse the hale out of me!! I got take out from my favorite soul food restaurant and she just happens to be from Marshall! [by the Louisiana border] I will go back to eating FRIED OKRA like a normal Texan!
:::snort, cackle:::
I've caused dissension among the Texans...next, I create chaos in California and parts of Arizona... [Linked Image from ts4.mm.bing.net]

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
and she just happens to be from Marshall! [by the Louisiana border] I will go back to eating FRIED OKRA like a normal Texan! sigh

My beloved Texan grandmother loved stewed okra. I never knew why.

Those people from near the border ... you know that was disputed territory at one time, right? They're closet Louisianans! smile

(Actually, I live on the wrong side of the Sabine!)

M
M
I've caused dissension among the Texans

We still agree on our opinion of foreigners and yankees!

Page 7 of 64 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation