Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
M
What you may end up doing is chasing her away. All your efforts to reconcile this and get on with life is being wasted on your inability to take advantage of the situation.

This, of course, comes from a guy who spent most of the last 3 months losing his mind.

We have women who made mistakes. We also have women begging us to forgive them and are doing everything they can to make it better. What they cannot do is turn back the clock and remove their heads from their butts.

Take advantage of this and make your life great with her. You married her for a reason. She cheated on you for NO REASON. Or, no reason making adultery acceptible.

I see and Im sure you see the apology in her eyes.

Thats it. She cannot spill more blood than "Im sorry". She cannot undo sleeping with another guy. It was a lapse in judgment combined with selfish stupidity.

I felt sorry for FWW actually. I never really understood how immature she was.

Let her continue to earn your forgiveness and give her the chance to make it right.

For instance, my FWW works in a few miles away and is very busy during the day. But, she just texted me that she is taking a lunch break and running home to spend time with me. This is something that never happened before, but thats the point we are both doing things to make each happy.

She works outdoors in the summers and Ive delivered iced coffee to her a dozen times this summer. Never thought of doing that before this summer, but something new in me is making want to make her happy.

Try that.

Life keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the fuuuu-ture.
C
C
Originally Posted by nomoreplease
cv,

I have always thought of myself as a pretty patient person, but this is a whole new level. We spend as much time as possible trying to connect, yet I feel completely alone and disconnected. I know just give MB time, but I really don't know how long I can do this (stay with someone and try and meet their needs, when I am totally disconnected). How long will this last (I know every situation is different)?

Right now, focus on staying and working *TODAY*. When this evening hits and you lie down on your pillow, focus on staying in bed until the morning... When you get up, start all over again. Who knows how long it will last? That's up to the two of you and how hard you work. I know the pay-off for working is great. And you are not alone. we are here to help.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
N
OP Offline
N
mss & cv - Thank you both for your support.

Originally Posted by MikeStillSmiling
What you may end up doing is chasing her away. All your efforts to reconcile this and get on with life is being wasted on your inability to take advantage of the situation.

Can you elaborate on this? How do you see me pushing her away? What am I not taking advantage of?

Take advantage of this and make your life great with her

I think I am doing everything I can. I'm frustrated with the effort she is putting in. She will go along with almost anything I say, but it's up to me to initiate anything and even then it has to be on her terms. I guess I need to bring up POJA. (reading back though this maybe I'm in conflict and not withdrawal?)

something new in me is making want to make her happy

I HAD always wanted to make her happy (may not have known how, but wanted too), but not so much anymore. I'm still trying (actually harder than ever), but a lot of the desire is gone. I'm hoping this will come back with time, and that's why I'm still working.

Originally Posted by celticvoyager
I know the pay-off for working is great.

This is something I'm struggling with. I have no kids, and our stuff/finances can easily be divided. I think I'm a pretty good catch and could find someone else fairly easily. If we put in the work from the start we get the same payoff without the history. So, whats the payoff for staying? Don't get me wrong, I care for my wife and all else being equal would like to spend the rest of my life with her, but this history doesn't make all else equal.

BS(Me): 29
WW: 30
No Kids
Married: 6 - Together: 10
Final? D-day 7/14/11
M
M
Over the last few weeks we have been spending all of our time together except when we are at work and my wife has been telling me she is starting to fall back in love with me and that she sees a future with me. The problem is I am in withdrawal. I see her trying to meet my needs, but it doesn't mean anything to me.

Sounds like she's trying and youre resisting, this is what I mean.

H
H
Over the last few weeks we have been spending all of our time together except when we are at work and my wife has been telling me she is starting to fall back in love with me and that she sees a future with me. The problem is I am in withdrawal. I see her trying to meet my needs, but it doesn't mean anything to me.

Which is a normal response for a BS.

Sometimes, the best thing we can do is to allow the (F)WS to meet our needs - or at least try.

While we are in a state of withdrawal, which infidelity often puts us deeply into, it is very hard for our needs to be met.

During this time in the process UA time is paramount.

This is why 20+ hours is recommended; a large amount of LB$ deposits will inadvertently be wasted - and thus more and more deposits must be made in an attempt to increase the balance.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
HoldHerHand #2536226 08/17/11 06:27 PM
N
OP Offline
N

I don't think this is the case. In fact I think I'm still trying much harder than she is (can you say Taker?). I think the fact that she is falling in love with me again is due to the fact that I never stopped meeting her needs, I am actually getting better at meeting them, I have been working to reduce my love busters, and the OM is now out of the picture. She on the other hand has been love busting like a mad woman for the past several months (this has slowly started to change), and as a result I am in withdrawal. I recognize this and am trying (again me trying, not her) to get out of withdrawal, which is the whole reason I started this thread in the first place.

I think HHH hit it on the head, and I just need to give it more time.

As a side note, if anyone has any insight as to how this relationship would be better than finding a new one (one without the history of an affair), I would greatly appreciate the encouragement.

No Kids
Final? D-day 7/14/11
N
OP Offline
N
Well, This morning I tried to have an O&H conversation with her about how I'm feeling (that I'm not a priority and I need her to initiate some healing) at which point she told me, "it's not all about you." Wow, really? In a way I understand this (she is going through some major issues with her parents), but I am your husband, you did have an affair, and our marriage needs a lot of work.

She just doesn't get it, or maybe she is just that selfish. I care about her, but I can care about anybody. Please, someone give me reasons to stay.

No Kids
Final? D-day 7/14/11
M
M
Consider forwarding your questions to the Harley's radio show. Someone please link him the how to.

All WS are selfish by definition. She may also be mired in a fog, too.

Keep on keeping on with MB concepts. Things can be good again.

Im living it.

M
M
The best way to get over withdrawal is to:

~Meet ENs
~Avoid LBers like the plague
~Spend 25+ hours UA time together/week. This is the most crucial thing to getting through withdrawal, IMHO.

My H never went through withdrawal, but we were doing these things. Keep your W busy with fun things and NEVER let her talk about the OM or the A in a positive light.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
N
OP Offline
N
MarriedForever,

Thank you for your input, but it is me (the BS) who is in withdrawal (state of mind in marriage, not withdrawal from OP) not her.

Lately, we have been spending as much UA time as possible, and other than the affair (and everything that went along with it) she doesn't have many LBers, however she has been sporadic at best at meeting my needs since long before the affair started.

As far as talking about the A or OM, she wants to just ignore that it ever happened. She avoids anything that is unpleasant like the plague.

No Kids
Final? D-day 7/14/11
M
M
As far as talking about the A or OM, she wants to just ignore that it ever happened. She avoids anything that is unpleasant like the plague.

Whats the saying? Those who choose to ignore history are doomed to relive it. Something like that.

H
H
Well, This morning I tried to have an O&H conversation with her about how I'm feeling (that I'm not a priority and I need her to initiate some healing) at which point she told me, "it's not all about you." Wow, really? In a way I understand this (she is going through some major issues with her parents), but I am your husband, you did have an affair, and our marriage needs a lot of work.

She just doesn't get it, or maybe she is just that selfish. I care about her, but I can care about anybody. Please, someone give me reasons to stay.

You need;

The books.

To see if your W will come and post.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
Pepperband #2536463 08/18/11 03:43 PM
B
B
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Infidelity: What every couple should know.

What every MB forum poster should watch.

30 minutes ..... take the time ...... hug

I AGREE......JUST WATCH IT!!!!

BH(Me)= 55
WW(Her)=43
DD=24 (My step-daughter, been raising her since the age of 8, SHE'S MY DAUGHTER!!)
Married=13 yrs
Together=16.5 yrs
THIS IS MY STORY
WW moved out of the home = May 1,2011
D-Day=July 4, 2011
Dear Wife: I'm COMPLETELY CRAZY about you!.....as of Aug-2012 forget that last part....Good Luck to you and GOODBYE!!
"Mourn the woman she was. Know the woman she is."
N
OP Offline
N
I'm pretty sure she won't post on here. I just asked her to watch the video, and her response was "infidelity? We don't have that in our relationship." Wow, this just keeps getting better.

No Kids
Final? D-day 7/14/11
M
M
I'm pretty sure she won't post on here. I just asked her to watch the video, and her response was "infidelity? We don't have that in our relationship." Wow, this just keeps getting better.

Arrogant WS in denial equals false recovery. OM and WW were "forced" to separate by "circumstances" and are just waiting for the next chance. I have experienced it and your WS sound like mine during that.

How did the affair end? Did you expose? Is OM married?

Me (FWH) 44
Mrs_Recon6mo (FWW) 42
Married 22 years
2 Children 20 and 22 years
Last D-Day for me: May 2009
Last D-Day for her: October 2008
Mr_Recon6mo #2536752 08/19/11 03:42 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by Mr_Recon6mo
Arrogant WS in denial equals false recovery. OM and WW were "forced" to separate by "circumstances" and are just waiting for the next chance. I have experienced it and your WS sound like mine during that.

How did the affair end? Did you expose? Is OM married?

Yeah, this does concern me. It ended when I exposed to OMW.

She seemed really changed for 3-4 weeks, but the last week or so her attitude seems to be going back to that selfishness. Maybe they are already back in contact?

No Kids
Final? D-day 7/14/11
B
B
Pepperband,

Are you sleeping and eating?

Eating hasn't been a problem other than a day or two after d-day. Sleeping on the other hand has been a major problem. I've been on and off sleeping pills for a couple months now (even before d-day, because I knew something was going on) and I'm still lucky to get 4 hours in any given night.

Are you able to focus and concentrate?

On the affair? Absolutely. On anything else? Not so much.

Recovery is a marathon, not a sprint.

Right now I feel like I�ve already run 25 miles and just crossed the starting line (and didn�t even know there was a race), so now I�m desperately looking for a short cut (just have to make sure it�s not one that's going to bite me later).

Mr. nomoreplease: How rough can this be?

It's been 3 & 1/2 months since my Wife left the home.

It's been 6 weeks since I found out about my WW's affair.

6 weeks of HE!!

I'm 30 pounds lighter......I need medication to sleep......I've needed meds to get through some days.

TODAY is the FIRST DAY that anxiety hasn't overpowered me.

TODAY!!!

A 26 mile Marathon only takes a few hours......You and I wil be running a LOT LONGER!!

My Wife is worth it!......is yours?......Only YOU can decide that!

At least yours is with you......mine won't talk to me.

BH(Me)= 55
WW(Her)=43
DD=24 (My step-daughter, been raising her since the age of 8, SHE'S MY DAUGHTER!!)
Married=13 yrs
Together=16.5 yrs
THIS IS MY STORY
WW moved out of the home = May 1,2011
D-Day=July 4, 2011
Dear Wife: I'm COMPLETELY CRAZY about you!.....as of Aug-2012 forget that last part....Good Luck to you and GOODBYE!!
"Mourn the woman she was. Know the woman she is."
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by BillCarolina
My Wife is worth it!......is yours?......Only YOU can decide that!

The woman I married is definately worth it, but this is not the woman I married. I am about to give up on trying to find her again, but it may not matter. She told me last night she is not happy (again), and looking at her phone she has been texting our MC about leaving or asking me to leave.

I tried to discuss why she was unhappy, and the way she talked about it my being unhappy is a LBer. I don't know what to do with that.

No Kids
Final? D-day 7/14/11
M
M
Im a little confused here, at one time its you withdrawn and other times its her.

I think you need to set a timetable in your head to get your marriage jiving.

Her A has played wicked mindgames with her and you are the one losing.

I cant figure this one out.

N
OP Offline
N
Well, mss, I have been working hard to meet her needs. She has been off and on meeting mine. I am in withdrawal. Where she is I don't know. She avoids anything unpleasent, so when I say I'm not happy or anything else negative she runs (its unpleasent, especially when she knows that it is because of her actions).

No Kids
Final? D-day 7/14/11
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 173 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
peppa, RP4280, Philip Pitre, ClarencePeterson, ColsDawg
71,872 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Spying on Wife's phone without getting caught?
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 08:59 PM
Depression
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 11:19 AM
Separated/Dating
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:58 PM
Child activities
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:56 PM
Loss of libido/Sexual Attraction
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 06:10 AM
Involucrar o no a la familia por apoyo
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 06:09 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,607
Posts2,323,424
Members71,872
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation